SASS Wire Forum

"COEXIST" Updated

Subdeacon Joe

It's up to those various religions and faith to decide it to happen. Seems in this modern atmosphere there are a couple groups that are willing to let that happen. Any more than I can say is that it would be proselytizing and evangelizing and that is not allowed here on the wire.

GG

Excuse me, I don't get it... :unsure:

The revised sticker is made of all star and crescent images, which is a symbol of Islam. Right now several Islamic groups in Iraq don't seem to be interested in coexisting.

The revised sticker is made of all star and crescent images, which is a symbol of Islam. Right now several Islamic groups in Iraq don't seem to be interested in coexisting.

Never have, never will. 'Bout time the rest of the world woke up to that fact.

For all the various religions/ideologies in that "Coexist" bumper sticker to really coexist, then all must agree on it. As the saying goes, "It takes two (or more) to make peace but it only takes one to make a war." And the Star & Crescent has been at war with the west since about A.D. 700.

It's up to those various religions and faith to decide it to happen. Seems in this modern atmosphere there are a couple groups that are willing to let that happen. Any more than I can say is that it would be proselytizing and evangelizing and that is not allowed here on the wire.

GG

Well said, GG. There are a couple of groups, maybe even a few, but as Joe pointed out, it only takes one that isn't willing.

For all the various religions/ideologies in that "Coexist" bumper sticker to really coexist, then all must agree on it.

Every time I see one of those stickers I think, "I will if you will."

I should add that I did a bit of editing on the image in the OP. I cut out the rather bloody photo, one I'm sure we have all seen, of the ISIS thugs shooting, wholesale, people in a roadside ditch.

The basic problem with the COEXIST idea is that each group would have to water down its beliefs and rhetoric for it to work. Each religion says that it is the ONLY way to heaven, nirvhana, etc.. If it is the ONLY way, then the other ways are opposed to it.

It would be like saying that I am a Y-political party supporter. I hope my person wins, and I hope that your X-party person wins too.

In some things there is only one exclusive correct answer. It cannot be more than one.

I prefer this one.

coexist_guns_decal.jpg?height=225&width=

THAT'S MY GIRL!!!

The basic problem with the COEXIST idea is that each group would have to water down its beliefs and rhetoric for it to work. Each religion says that it is the ONLY way to heaven, nirvhana, etc.. If it is the ONLY way, then the other ways are opposed to it.

It would be like saying that I am a Y-political party supporter. I hope my person wins, and I hope that your X-party person wins too.

In some things there is only one exclusive correct answer. It cannot be more than one.

I'm going to try very hard to not invoke the wrath of the SASS powers and get this thread pulled.

I would assert that your premise is flawed. It assumes that I somehow require you to believe as I do for my beliefs to have credibility, for me to "win" in the matter. That is not necessarily the case. As Thomas Jefferson stated, "But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." So long as you don't force your beliefs on me, and I don't force mine upon you, we can coexist. Therein lies the problem that Joe alluded to in his initial post.

Archived