SASS Wire Forum

Gunfighter Question

Chisler Wood

Is it legal to stabilize both guns by touching the opposing fingers of each hand together?

C60E38A7-A121-4C66-BDFE-3534AA49F4C3_zps

Shooters Handbook, Page 14, states that the style of shooting Gunfighter must be done 'unsupported'.

Are you using this technique to help 'support' your shooting?

...........Widder

Hadn't before so I figured I'd better ask before I did something that was a no no. Didn't think that it would be legal, wanted to check.

Thanks Widder

I would say not legal. As they are giving support or at least

helping steady the other hand.

Don't think anyone would probably notice it. BUT. YOU know you are doing it. SO.

I wouldn't.

if you are a single cocker that won't work at all, you'll bump the other pistol as you are cocking one.... ask me how I know about holding them TOO close together....

Chisler,

out of curiosity, have you tried to fire them using this hand-touching-hand technique.

I'm thinking that recoil, even minimal, would cause each hand and pistol to move in a way that could actually hurt your shooting.

..........Widder

Chisler,

out of curiosity, have you tried to fire them using this hand-touching-hand technique.

I'm thinking that recoil, even minimal, would cause each hand and pistol to move in a way that could actually hurt your shooting.

..........Widder

I have not. I shoot gunfighter from time to time at local matches. They let me shoot two categories and I just put myself at the top and bottom of the stack and change a holster. Honestly don't know if I even double or single cock the guns. I think I do a little of both to honest depending on the sequence. I'm going to take some Gopro video tomorrow.

As I said I've never used that teqnique in a match only dryfire figured there would be something about supporting the hands in the rule book.

That's why I included a picture so people would know exactly what I was talking about.

if you shoot BP like that the blast from the cylinder will jam up the other gun.

lession learned the first time I shot FCGF

CW,

Besides what has been said, I think you will find this will SLOW you down. When in rhythm and trying to shoot at your best speed the guns will cock and point better if they are independent of one another. You will most likely slightly (I mean a couple of inches) pump the guns back and forth. You can't do that if you are touching your knuckles or fingers together.

Archived