SASS Wire Forum

SASS Wire BANDWIDTH

Dungannon Gunner

Can anyone tell me if SASS is planning on expanding our website bandwidth? Seems to be getting slower everyday. That part is good in that more are wanting to post and participate in the forms. Do we have the numbers and what it would cost to upgrade?

Me either. Seems to be operating fine.

...a few days back, the site was slow to respond; it was my 'puter...

Howdy all,

I don't know about bandwidth, but I have noticed that I have trouble getting onto the Wire around 2AM EST. Bookmarks and links don't seem to work, even typing in www.sassnet.com times out the majority of the time. Does anyone know when they do backups?

Howdy Utah Bob,

I suffer from insomnia, and can go a couple of days without sleep. So I am online at some strange hours.

I know that, after midnight (Central) many nights it never comes up. Takes forever, and then I get an error message about "it took too long" or "it reset while trying to load".

But that only happens quite late at night, so I quit trying to log on "quite late at night". :P

Howdy all,

I don't know about bandwidth, but I have noticed that I have trouble getting onto the Wire around 2AM EST. Bookmarks and links don't seem to work, even typing in www.sassnet.com times out the majority of the time. Does anyone know when they do backups?

I believe that's when they do their daily backup.

I you say your computer loading is slowing down and others are sayiing they don't see it, it's time for you and anyone else with computers slowing issues to go in and clean out all the cookies on your computer.

Cookies are talking all the imte and just about every web page s puts at leat one.

SASS forum puts as many as 15.

And everytime yo log in those cookies at talking with back home.

You can't turn off cookies completely because some site require them for access.

But you can control them sort of.

Make sure you check that NO third party cookies are allowed.

You can turn off all cookies but then you will have to enter all your log in stuff every time.

When you clean out cookies do it manualy. THe cookies will be displayed and in time your will know which ones to delete and which ones to leave.

I delete cookies several times a day. Been doing it for years. My reason was until just a few months ago, my connection has never been faster than 26,400 and you can't hardly download e-mail at that speed. So it was necessary to keep deleting cookies to keep speed up. I stilol delete cookies even now that I have super high speed connection. Use to take me 9 minutes to open e-mail server. Now it just blinsk and some times I wonder if the page changed.

Kill the cookies you don't recognize. Things will speed up.

Remembered something..

Facebook

If you go to Facebook and login be sure to kill that cookie after you leave Facebook.

The Facebook cookie keeps the login active and reports keystrokes and web pages visted even if not on Facebook.

Now for all you with computers that are connected all the time, such as, DSl, router, satillite, cable, etc, even when you're not using your computer, it is still connected and the Facebook cookies are still talking.

If your computer is on, it's talking cookies are active.

Can anyone tell me if SASS is planning on expanding our website bandwidth? Seems to be getting slower everyday. That part is good in that more are wanting to post and participate in the forms. Do we have the numbers and what it would cost to upgrade?

What do you mean "our" website? :)

3 to 5 pm is the worst time for being on Al Bore's Internet. Kids getting home from school...

Archived