SASS Wire Forum

Another anti-gun letter in the Santa Rosa Press Democrat

Subdeacon Joe

As the "Letter of the Day."

I'm out of my free views for the month (used my last to respond - should have copied the URL before I left the site), so I can't give you the URL to the letter. I can give you a link to the paper: http://www.pressdemocrat.com/

Click on that, mouse over "Opinion" then click on Letter of the Day and respond to it.

This is something we can all do - post links to dreck like this and ask for others to respond to it. The more reasoned, thoughtful responses to counter it, the better.

section.jpg

EDITOR: The solution to gun violence is to require weapon safety training and liability insurance coverage before anyone can own a firearm. Make it a felony for owning a firearm without liability insurance. Insurers are powerful enough to take on firearm manufacturers and the National Rifle Association.

Reputable insurance companies are much more thorough in researching and approving individuals than arms sellers are. Once a person is denied the right to own a gun for cause, that information could be posted online and/or passed on to local law enforcement agencies. Cause could be determined by each state.

Of course, young men under 30 would pay a much steeper rate for insurance, because I suspect that not only are they poorer drivers but more violent than the general population.

JANE BOYLE

Rohnert Park

Archived