SASS Wire Forum

Prince of the Pistoleers is in the books

Deacon Stone Sass#58681

This was a tough week for me and I truley needed to be with family and I was. And with POP this weekend it was just what I needed. This year the shoot was amazing. The Powder Creek Cowboys/Cowgirls hit it out of the park. This was an amazing shoot. People where full of smiles and hug's and the laughs were abundant. The shooting stages were great like always, the scenarios where straight forward and relatively easy (good job Hondo), and all the posses worked great together, and the food was excellent. The banquet was excellent and Rowdy makes a great MC. This was an amazing shoot this year and my wife and I were happy to be a part of such a great shoot.

Deacon Stone

How did the Frontiersmen shoot?

The results aren't posted, but I can report that Doc Hurd won with 17 overall rank points. The day of the side matches I was manning the practice stage. Doc asked if he could shoot. I said sure. Doc shot so fast I thought my timer was broken. Nope, he shot just as fast in all ten main match stages.

We are happy to report Katy Scarlett attended. She looks great.

Oh, Deacon Stone shot Frontiersman just fine. He was clean and edged out J-Bar.

The women were lead by Kathouse Kelli who came in 6th overall.

All in all it was a memorable POP.

As to me, I had one of the biggest trainwrecks of all time on the fifth stage of the first day. It was so bad as I limped home I thought about selling my guns, buying a rocking chair and taking up whittling. My wife talked me into coming back the next day. That night at the banquet I won a CZ hammer coachgun. I think God is telling me it is time for me to take up classic cowboy.

Yep, this was a most excellent shoot! :D

Congratulations to Deacon Stone for his clean match victory. I spotted him a P on one stage but could not make up the error. I trailed him by 13 seconds total time for 10 stages, and 10 of those seconds was my P! He beat me at my best and he is a fine champion. Fingers McGee showed everyone how to shoot warthog Frontiersman, booming and vibrating his smoky way to a third place plaque.

This was especially a fun match for me, because my son, Fret Maverick shot with me. It was his 4th ever match and he placed third in Frontier Cartridge, which had 4 entrants. Titus A. Gnatsass gave a clean match clinic to the other three in that category.

The Powder Creek Cowboys can be proud. Great job folks!

Yea Rowdy, well done to all the PCC, a great match. Both Kat & I had a great time.

I had a great time. My 3rd time up there. And like the first two. It was great.

They treat you right. A BIG THANK YOU. Not going to try to name them. Afraid

I might leave someone out.

So will just say THANKS to all the POP crew for another great time.

Yes, folks, the Powder Creek Cowboys put on one heckuva match this year. Great food, great hospitality and relaxed atmosphere led to one of the most enjoyable matches I've attended.

Hondo Tucker, Range Master extraordinaire, my hat is off to you pard! Excellent job on the stages.

J-BAR, It was a pleasure as always. And it was my pleasure to meet your son, Fret Maverick, as well. Fine young man. But then I would have expected no less given the fact that he has you as his father.

Jackaroo, it was my pleasure to finally get to shoot on a posse with you and Kat. Congrats to both of you on your category wins!

And a big thank you to all the Powder Creek Cowboys. We all know how much work goes into putting on a successful match. And this one was a success in my book! :)

This was my first POP, and it will not be my last, I have never had so much fun, with somany great cowboy, cowgirls,

PPC are a great bunch of people. Thanks to Rowdy, Hondo, for a great match, also THANKS to Digger for the help with our camper. Bulldog Brown.

Bart someday

Kudo's to El Dorado Wayne, Rowdy Buckshot, Hondo Tucker, Jimmy Reno and everyone else involved in putting on one GREAT MATCH!! This was my 5th or 6th POP and definitely the best so far. Also mucho Kudos to the ladies of the club for providing all the meals. Great BBQ and plenty of it. Posse 5 had to be the best I've ever shot with; Jimmy Reno as Posse Marshal and Hondo Tucker as his able assistant made sure everything ran smoothly and efficiently.

Fingers (what will definitely be back nest year) McGee

Bart someday

You almost got me this time. Thank God for rank points. We are both getting faster. Mace is the guy who needs to watch out. He isn't as far ahead as he thinks. Someday one of us is going to surprise him.

I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring to the PCC cowboys/cowgirls, excellent match, good food, good friends, I shot terrible but I still had fun! This is one of my must attend matches!

Oh yeh this was a Great One! Thanks Goes out to everyone that made this one happen. Great , fun, good flowing stages. Damn near perfect. Thanks Hondo and Jimmy!!

Fantastic food thanks Cornbread and Beans!

And most of all a great bunch of folks got together, cant wait till next year!!!

A great big "thanks" to all those that attended the match this year. We have been lucky enough to have great people at this club that have helped in the past, and more that just jump in and take on big jobs that need done. Many thanks to all the club members for the hard work, and good friends from other clubs that help. Hopefully we will see you all next year.

Hondo

Hondo hit it on the head

It takes a lot of club members non club members

Board members , sponsors anybody that will help to put on a great shoot . But most of all it takes great cowboys and cowgirls to shoot with us thank you all very much for spending time with us at Powder Creek .

Archived