SASS Wire Forum

NRA - I'm getting a bit tired of the NRA.

Matthew Duncan

I'm a member of several organizations that apparently think I'm a milk cow, but the NRA is probably the most demanding. Well, after the IRS. My biggest complaint isn't the begging for money, it's the borderline deceptive methods they use to do it. For example, I got a "your membership is about to expire, renew now!" letter about 8 months after I paid for a 2 year renewal.

I'll stay a member to support their training and education work, but I'm not going to support the ILA. They've been of little help here in New York, which they seem to consider a lost cause. Maybe it is, but I'm not ready to give up on it.

I’m not trying to be offensive or a snark but the gun owners in New York State have got the type of gun laws they deserve.

In 2010/2011 801,626 fishing and in 2012/2013 750,062 hunting licenses were sold. Certainly some of these sales were by gun owners buying both licenses but the numbers still reflect a large potential single issue voting block. If all of these sportspersons and their family (wife, adult children) had voted together they could have easily changed some of the election results.

For example only 475,512 votes separated Cuomo, Andrew (1,919,225) and GOP challenger Astorino, Rob (1,443,713).

Yet because enough fishing and hunting sportspeople failed to get enough members out to vote it is somehow the NRA’s fault for the restrictive gun laws being passed.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bummer! not a member and dunt plan to join,,,and glad I dint. whenever I'm offered a quality expensive item for free---best to check what "free" means.

Disappointing to read this....I am glad I did and do my part in support of our 2nd Amendment right. What viable organizational are you a part of that helps defend it like the NRA or GOA?

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I love the NRA and am a proud member. I was a little torqued the other day though to receive a DVD in the mail. "You watch it and if you like it, send us $15 and we'll send you the next installment. Don't like, just return it." Reminded me of the old Colombia House buy 12 cassettes for a penny and buy six more in 2 years + you get our featured album of the month that you either pay for or return. I can't exactly just toss the NRA dvd in the trash, don't have time to watch it, but gotta take the time to send it back. Not a big deal, but kind of cheesy business in my opinion.

But it did come with a cool coin with a 1903 Springfield on it at no obligation. Both of my boys wanted it, so I made them flip for it to see who got it. Haha

I love the NRA and am a proud member. I was a little torqued the other day though to receive a DVD in the mail. "You watch it and if you like it, send us $15 and we'll send you the next installment. Don't like, just return it." Reminded me of the old Colombia House buy 12 cassettes for a penny and buy six more in 2 years + you get our featured album of the month that you either pay for or return. I can't exactly just toss the NRA dvd in the trash, don't have time to watch it, but gotta take the time to send it back. Not a big deal, but kind of cheesy business in my opinion.

But it did come with a cool coin with a 1903 Springfield on it at no obligation. Both of my boys wanted it, so I made them flip for it to see who got it. Haha

If anyone, including the NRA, sends unsolicited items to you.....you are under no obligation to pay for them or send them back. The items are yours to keep for free.

I'm pretty sure my wife gets tired of me after 45 years. But she sticks with me. ;)

I'm pretty sure my wife gets tired of me after 45 years. But she sticks with me. ;)

[/quote

Yep they have us well trained, to late to train another one to their wishes

I find it funny that his necroing of this post just started up the NRA bashing again. Or at least, started up some potential NRA bashing (not sure there have been many bashers this time around).

I am jealous of those who still get fundraising mailers from the NRA. They keep calling me. Everytime they do I tell them there's no way no how I'm giving my credit card number to some stranger who calls me out of the blue, but if they'd send me the info in the mail, it'd be a different story.

The NRA may have a few warts but without them on our side we'd have been disarmed long ago, IMNSHO, of course.

...been a life member of the NRA for years... ...receive all their mailings, support when I think necessary and toss the rest, ain't no big thing... ...I'm glad they are out there doing the job that I can't do...

I have been an NRA Benefactor since the 1950s. I compete in NRA bullseye pistol, BPCR and, formerly, in PPC matches. As a Certified Instructor and Range Officer, I have used NRAs facilities, equipment and training regularly. I teach and coach my Sea Scouts using the NRAs training and equipment. Their youth programmes, camps and matches are superb. Beyond that, they are the Number One protector of our firearms AND hunting rights,

Please be kind enough to inform me of another organization that does even a fraction of the foregoing.

WOW! THANX FOR THE ATTENTION! Y'all can take a deep breath. The NRA definitely protects our arms rights. The "bummer" was for the original topic complaint about being charged for a free jacket...I think :blink:

The honest truth is I'm not a shooter, got my feet we long ago, rather an archer and fencer. I just go to events dress up the place and have a wee dram!

I do my best support of constitutional rights the only way I know how--at the ballot box.

LOVE Y'ALL ;)

Archived