SASS Wire Forum

Took my photo with my new rifle....and

...noticed it was kinda damaged - my heart sank :( ......I had only held it for less than an hour.

so I sent it in to Colt last Tuesday - per their request - and called the very nice customer service rep. he stated that Colt has sent a letter and that they will replace the lower (destroy the old one and put the serial# on a new receiver) via warranty. Pretty cool of them - so it may be Friday the 13th, but that is good news :D

Coltreceiver_zpsa54c1a65.png

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I've built at least 10 lowers and I've never damaged the bolt release that bad! I did chip the finish on a couple before I figured out that painters tape would be a great idea. Glad to see Colt is making it right.

Wow. Whata mess. Ya sure that ain't an M4 afghan vet?? :D

Looks like an oops while putting the latch pin in. Can't imagine how it went unnoticed.

I actually was going to live with it, but said to myself - call the gun store and see what/if anything can be done. If it couldn't have been fixed/replaced I was going to put it in the Bridgeport and mill out the blemish. Thankfully I pursued calling Colt.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

That's more than just an oops. Those pins can be difficult to put in, but damn...

Maybe two oopses and an oh Hell with it.

If it still worked OK, I would'a left it and made up a Cool story how it took a hit in a firefight and saved your life. Battle scars...:)

Then again.....

Jake

If it still worked OK, I would'a left it and made up a Cool story how it took a hit in a firefight and saved your life. Battle scars...:)

Then again.....

Jake

"..... They threw a fragmentation grenade at me.... rifle caught a piece of it...." :D

GG

Son has a V shaped scar at the hairline on his forehead that he got when he was about 4 when he ran into the bumper on an International Scout II. When he was in the Marines, it really showed up with his hair cut tight. I think he made up a different story every time someone asked him about it. I'm sure he never told the true story.

Son has a V shaped scar at the hairline on his forehead that he got when he was about 4 when he ran into the bumper on an International Scout II. When he was in the Marines, it really showed up with his hair cut tight. I think he made up a different story every time someone asked him about it. I'm sure he never told the true story.

My son has one on his cheek from the hay trailer. Running and not watching where he's going.

I've joked with my wife about him saying the same sort of thing. Right now you can't really see it unless he smiles, so he'll have to have something for the ladies.

Gunner who assembled the lower?

It was a NIB on layaway. It was at a gun shop outta state so unfortunately I never saw the rifle until delivery. I had delt with this shop several times without issue. Anyhow.... I am not placing blame with anyone or any place just happy that cold to fix it.

GG

How do you take a photo with a rifle? Where does the film go?

Film?? You idjit. Everything's digital now. :D

689ff8c7d0a902e7301a4caf21937da2.jpg

Yesterday I asked Colt about my rifle since I haven't received the 'letter'... Was told the problem was fixed and a delivery attempt was made?? Sure enough there was a sticker on my door. Taking a half day Monday to be here when the UPS truck makes a 2 nd attempt.... Drat!! LOL :D

When it rains it pours

Also....My daughter gives me a little envelope this morning saying this was in the mailbox. Reckon I owe $1.34 postage for a small package attempted delivered...

GG

Archived