SASS Wire Forum

What is the best CAS shooting school for one on one training?

Dungannon Gunner

Have any of you attended a CAS professional shooting school?

• School name and location
  • Was it worth your time and money
  • Did they offer one on one classes
  • Would you go again?

Thanks! :blink:

Lots of things to learn from Long Hunter's DVD!

Jef

Instructional media is good. However, there is much to be learned from an instructor observing one's technique and giving feedback. I have had valuable instruction from every class I've been too.

Regarding instructors, I would gladly attend training provided by Long Hunter, Calvin 'n Hobbs, J.T. Wild or Evil Roy.

When I started, I found a couple great mentors. Or maybe they found me. They took a lot of time with me explaining the game and then personally working with me on technique and such.

I would some times feel bad as they never would take anything for it. I kept asking stuff and they kept feeding me answers. They would see me do somehing and suggest other ways that I should think about doing it.

But they always seemed to smile when they could see me geiing it and really improving.

Maybe they were getting something out of it after all....

To those three guys....thank you!

Pecos Clyde in AZ does great classes. And One on One coaching. He has worked with several successful students including this years overall ladies National Champ Sass Kicker

Pecos Clyde in AZ does great classes. And One on One coaching. He has worked with several successful students including this years overall ladies National Champ Sass Kicker

I've been working with Frederick Jackson Turner for the past couple of years.

I've gone from a Mid 40 second shooter to a mid 20 second shooter. FCD

Yep, I think that it is worth it.

And I'm enjoying the game more than ever.

Coffee

Done Gone an Got Her,

bout time you went lookin for some class,

We been educating you weekly for near 3 years now, what makes you think you gotta go lookin somers else!

Pick out one of our world champions and axe em anything you wanna know, theyll tell you like it is and show ya too.

The practice is on you.........

Need a list?

+1 for Pecos Clyde

his website

http://shootingsolutions.vpweb.com/default.html

I don't know about one on one but duece does classes. He's a great guy and an amazing shooter

+1 for Pecos Clyde

his website

http://shootingsolutions.vpweb.com/default.html

+2 for Pecos Clyde

After shooting for 9 years, I wasn't sure how much he would be able to help me. Wow! I won my category at Winter Range after 4 months of instruction. I was surprised how much and HOW FAST he helped me. Well worth the money.

I truly believe that one-on-one lessons are the best way to go because you need feedback and you need someone who can work with you on 'your' issues.

You can try the rest or go to the best!

Evil Roy is and always has been the best SASS instructor out there! He has taught more world champions than all other instructors combined!!

I went to the "Youtube" school of shooting.

I shot with J.T.Wild once…It was a blast!

However I have found that video taping my stages has taught me a lot. GoPro is a great teacher and it fits nicely on top of a cowboy hat.

Archived