SASS Wire Forum

Another Stroke for Korupt Karl: updated 6/16, post 93: comin home!

Widder, SASS #59054

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talked to the Old Dog a little bit ago! His speech is fine, said the numbness in his arm is gone and he has full mobility. He said they found a blockage and were either going to do a roto rooter job on it or a stent. The doctors told him that either way their was a weak chance of any complications. Said he was taking some meds that made him sleepy so he was signing off. All in all, good news that they have found the root of the problem and can fix it! Side bar, his wife Kay had a chemo treatment yesterday. Today, as normal, she is extremely tired. She is an incredible and strong woman, Karl is so lucky to have her. But, she is lucky to have him too!!!! KK will be back to offending shortly!

Thanks for the update, Samuel "Doc" Eells!

Karl...glad you're your speech is fine and arm is better...and that they found the root of the problem. Now stop scaring us, young man!

Prayers coming your way to you and your wife. Hang in their.

...Shamrock & Knot

Another stroke. KK, please quit reading the rule change threads on the wire. Prayers up for you cowboy.

HS.

Karl,

Take a look at John Boy's thread on Black Powder humor.

It's a giggle!

AR

KK has had the surgery on the blockage in his neck and is doing well, speech is better, may be the meds, has some therapy to go thru for his right arm, but he is in very good spirits, I hated to tell him our news but,,,, he wud have kicked my butt if I hadn't told him..

I love the friends I have in this game!!!

Thanks for the update ShyAnnie.

Did they do the cut type surgery or did they go thru the groan area artery and insert a stent with that procedure?

I had the stents installed in both my neck arteries and the doc went thru my groan artery to go up into my neck for BOTH procedures.

They don't even sedate ya any cause they want you talking to them during the procedure.....just in case ya start to have a stroke.

Its a neat thing to lay there on the table and watch the big TV of them inserting stents in your neck. I was sent home the following morning from both procedures.

..........Widder

dunt know which kind, after he told me as much as he did I had to give him our bad news....

Widder, he had the slice and dice! In a nut shell, they butterflied his carotid artery like a leg of lamb and cleaned it out! I talked to him earlier today, and to CC Top who also had heard from him and he is doing well! Just has to take it easy so as not to pop the stitches.

pardon and messages from the microphoneI am doing well they cleaned out the carotid arteryI am doing well and should be out of the hospital by in Monday they are going to put a monitor and better than under my skin to monitor my heart for the next 3 years the reason I didn't do anything the last time was so strong so we're different as far as originand I guess they finally figured it outI still have some rehab to do on my right hand and arm but its coming along good this sucks sending from my phone I'll send an email when I get home today thanks for all the support and prayers

luv ya man!!! give hugs to Kay for me...

pardon and messages from the microphoneI am doing well they cleaned out the carotid arteryI am doing well and should be out of the hospital by in Monday they are going to put a monitor and better than under my skin to monitor my heart for the next 3 years the reason I didn't do anything the last time was so strong so we're different as far as originand I guess they finally figured it outI still have some rehab to do on my right hand and arm but its coming along good this sucks sending from my phone I'll send an email when I get home today thanks for all the support and prayers

Keep it up there, KK!!

Glad they got it goin' your way!!

Need a ride? Yard mowed? Trees trimmed? Dishes? Vacuuming? Bushes trimmed? Guns clean? Ammo loaded?

I can send the wife and kids over to do all that stuff!!

Cheyenne donated a good bit of money to hire the Geisha Twins to run up to Indiana for a couple days and take care of KK and Kay around the house and keep good company to help cheer them up.

Anyhow, after we heard about the heart monitoring and such, it might be best if the Twins stay around here and let KK mend 'under Doctors care'.

Well ShyAnnie, atleast its the thought that counts.

The Twins send a bug hug up your way KK.

..........Widder

Karl just called to thank me for the Twins,,,, Kay appreciates the work they've helped her with tuu.

KK will have the heart monitor put in tomorrow,,, and then hopefully head back to the barn then....

I amfeeling pretty good I am having the monitor put in to my body today I should get home by afternoon I walked about 20 miles on the floor since I've been here and my right arm gets better every day they had removed the stitches on Sunday but I still have about 30 staples I'm not in any pain whatsoever and should be back to my normal self in no time

thanks again for all the prayers and support I couldn't have made it without you guys

Yea, after my previous posting, they called to say they are gona stick with their original plan and head north a few days.

Besides, their local massage parlor is closed for some renovations (it needs a new roof, painting, etc...) and right now, they got some free time on their hands.

You're a good, generous man ShyAnnie.

WOW, ole KK was posting at the same time I was posting.

Good to hear you're up and about good buddy.

when ya get bored sitting around the house, call me.

..........Widder

Karl was in a calling mood last night. He sounded GREAT. He rattled off the names and detailed description of the attributes of every nurse that has been in to see him since he got to the hospital, but couldn't remember owning me money...........so he's fine. His O2 levels to his brain are at 100% which is great and he is in good spirits.

Need a ride? Yard mowed? Trees trimmed? Dishes? Vacuuming? Bushes trimmed? Guns clean? Ammo loaded?

I can send the wife and kids over to do all that stuff!!

Heck, since KK has the Geisha Twins looking out for him and yer wife and kids ain't got nothing else to do.........can I PM my address to ya. Heck, I'd pay for gas and all.....win, win situation.....expecially with the gun cleaning and all. :D

Glad your home Karl, get some rest and we'll see you in January.

CS

Heck, since KK has the Geisha Twins looking out for him and yer wife and kids ain't got nothing else to do.........can I PM my address to ya. Heck, I'd pay for gas and all.....win, win situation.....expecially with the gun cleaning and all. :D

Glad your home Karl, get some rest and we'll see you in January.

CS

Wife want's ta know iffin ya got a pool. Emily want's to go bass fishin before she cleans any guns! LOL

I dooze!!!! if we get to go down to Ft Myers this year, I'll send for them!!!!

Archived