SASS Wire Forum

"Brandishing a Gun Permit"?

It boggles the mind.....and I'm still trying to grasp the basis for revoking the LTC without a hearing, and seizing the rifle - even in this state.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/06/10/police-seek-charge-man-who-allegedly-showed-gun-permit-arlington-principal/YiJ8S0pXnb1M7VCTmjBQ3L/story.html

LL

unfortunitely in many states the LTC can be suspended and weapons confiscated until case over. here in CT once a firearm is confiscated it is most times hard to get it back even after one is found not guilty.

Lumpy Grits nailed it as usual......this idiot gets in an argument on school grounds and brings up or threatens someone with firearms or his access to them...why the hell even bring that up in a school environment. We definably don't need tards like this representing the gun community. We are our own worst enemy sometimes. I cant possibly imagine what argument with a school official on school grounds would possibly ever make you refer to a gun or access too before walking away........if you feel for some strange reason you HAVE to escalate an argument past talking like an adult...refer to your knuckles and fight like a man you big panty waist....everyone goes to gun these days..cowards. Afraid to fight. Sorry for the rant but he sucks as a role model for his child. Jmho,ymmv.

Arlington police have said that Goodwin argued last Wednesday with Michael Hanna, the principal of Stratton Elementary School, where Goodwin’s son is enrolled. The confrontation was sparked by concerns that were raised about a series of drawings the boy had done, according to a law enforcement official who requested anonymity.

Let's play devils advocate here...Maybe the son drew a picture(s) of his fathers guns and the father was letting the principle know that yes he has guns and he also has a permit for them.It might be that he made a threat,but until all the facts are listed,How would Y'all feel if something like this happened to you and people on forums were making uneducated accusations about you.

I'd need to get the whole story first before forming an opinion on this one. Not enough info.

Howdy,

Worked for years and quickly learned to NOT mention guns first to anyone.

Gun grabbers have really stacked the deck way in their favor.

This fall Obama fan Dick Durbin is running for relection to the senate.

His opponent needs all the help.....

Or more nonsense like this will keep flowing.

fall 2014 very important, pards.

Best

CR

Who knows what kind of threats he made....

GG

Who knows if he even made threats? After all, the press didn't print much about the principal who may be the only witness. Simply mentioning guns to most "educators" today would very probably have them calling 911, even if you were careful in your choice of words, as Maj Sterner described above.

Almost any story in the media today shouldn't be taken as a full and honest account... any story about anything, much less about gun issues, but particularly about guns.

Who knows if he even made threats? After all, the press didn't print much about the principal who may be the only witness. Simply mentioning guns to most "educators" today would very probably have them calling 911, even if you were careful in your choice of words, as Maj Sterner described above.

Almost any story in the media today shouldn't be taken as a full and honest account... any story about anything, much less about gun issues, but particularly about guns.

Right - who knows what kind of threats he made :rolleyes:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Sadly, this statement rings so true.

This story is different from the one I first read. The one I read said he showed the principal his hunting license which is suppose to have a picture of a rifle on it and at that point is when the principal ask if he had any gun and the guy said yes. I will look to see if I can find the article I read and post it

this what I found

During the argument, Goodwin pulled out his gun license to compare the gun depicted on it with the image his son had drawn to show his son had drawn a gun.

Looks like it will hinge on whether or not an actual threat was issued. This falls on the rule of reasonavlness. Would a reasonable person feel threatened under the circumstances? If the jury say "yes" you get convicted. If the jury is composed of gun hating liberals there could be a problem, even if the "threat" only involved showing a license in the course of a conversation.

More details are definitely needed.

Archived