SASS Wire Forum

TrailBoss or Bullseye

Alliant also does not list a loading in Unique for 45-70, but I know I and tons of other cowboys use it for that. There are other trusted sources.

NOTE: WEB FORUMS ARE NOT TO BE CONSIDERED TRUSTED SOURCES! Just because ole SneakySnake says its OK to load 87 grains of bigbang pwder in a 38 sp with a 95 grn bullet and a mag primer does not mean its ok!

I tried Sneaky Snakes load. Not all 87 grains would fit in 38 case tho so I just used half. Saved on powder. Big Bang powder was not avail so I used Super Sonic fastest burning powder on the chart. Barrels are now shorter.

What kind of lucky ducky are you to have a choice of powders? These days I use whatever I can find. A new shooter -- use Trailboss.

I tried Sneaky Snakes load. Not all 87 grains would fit in 38 case tho so I just used half. Saved on powder. Big Bang powder was not avail so I used Super Sonic fastest burning powder on the chart. Barrels are now shorter.

well, i could get all 87 grains in, but my poor old eyes got tired, and my fingers got cramps. its hard picking up those individial grains of powder with tweezers and dropping them in a case. Once, just as I was almost done, Matlock had an exciting turn of events on the TV, I got a phone call, and my wife needed me to take out the garbage. I lost count, and had to start all over on that round. I think I loaded 4 cartridges that hour.

Boy...we seem to have diverged from the original post :huh: oh well I use Trail boss..but not much experience..only been doing this for just over a year. No problem with consistent loads however on my 650 :unsure: Only one squib to date...and fortunately during practice...a bit dirty but I clean my guns after each match...but thats another thread :rolleyes:

Archived