SASS Wire Forum

I was having a mid morning cuppa Joe and clicked on the TV in the kitchen, and flicked it over to the Western channel. There was a move on titled "A BARREL FULL OF DOLLARS". Obviously a take off on a "FIST FULL OF DOLLARS", A FEW DOLLARS MORE. Not nears as interesting. Might want to cross that off the bucket movie list.

The scene I came in on, had a blond hanging over a well, bound at the wrist with the rope attached to a makeshift frame attached to a second story window. Bad guy was behind the window with a knife.

Flash to the good guy across the street on the roof of a building with a Winchester (92 of course)

and the hero is making the rounds taking out the bad guys one by one. They never hear him come up behind them and he has full play with his pistol butt against their heads. Then the excitement gets heavy when the guy on the roof takes a shot at the bad guy with the knife, trying to cut the rope to the girl hanging. He keeps hitting the window frame and making the bad guy pull back. He finally gets in a lucky shot and wings the bad guy, while the hero rescues the girl. I was on the edge of my seat, I tell you.

The hero takes out a few more bad guys with one shot kills, while his partner, who must have been a graduate of the BADGER MOUNTAIN CHARLIE SCHOOL ON NEAR MISSES, keep up a steady cover. One of he bad guys gets on a horse and starts to ride out of town. The BMC graduate stands up and starts shoot at his back, outlaw style. He had plenty of time to take aim, squeeze and miss, but he chose three rapid shots from the hip and REALLY MISSED.

The story ground along but by this time I had checked out and turned off the TV. I had killed enough electrons for today.

Just thought I would share that tid bit with you guys that are looking for something to watch.

BMC

Sounds dang realistic to me.

Except for the one shot kills.

And the blonde.

The good guys kilt all the bad guys except for the one that stole the horse and rode out of town.

I may have to rent that movie to see how he made out. :lol:

IIRC in A FIST FULL OF DOLLARS, A FEW DOLLARS MORE, the bounty was split between Van Cleef and Eastwood. Wonder if they did that in this story.

...if'n I did this right, this link oughta be the movie's trailer... be back in a minute...

...try again - http://youtu.be/gYj8kJrvwRQ

...if'n I did this right, this link oughta be the movie's trailer... be back in a minute...

...try again - http://youtu.be/gYj8kJrvwRQ

Looks great :excl: . . . hand never here'd of it . . . I'll put it on my want list. Klaus Kinski is always good.

ps. I have some recent experience of being in really cheapy bad westerns that had GREAT trailers. All the stuff that was any good went into the trailer . . . the rest of it dragged, and dragged thru a stupid plot that didn't make sense. :o

Archived