SASS Wire Forum

Rule "change" - Open & Empty

Misty Moonshine

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE - 17 JUN 2014

Resolution may be near at hand.

Final position statement and appropriate edits have been submitted for review.

Someone with the authority to do so will post notification ASAP once/IF approved by all involved parties.

OH Goody!!! 10 more pages :P

CR

I've actually got a double shoulder rig backed up by a "New York Reload" holster...I should be allowed to shoot WBGFJoseyWalesOutlaw category...with the mags stoked to 7 rounds and a .38 rifle with ammo that meets WB PF...using BP.

Hows THAT for takin' a side turn? ;)

NewYorkReload-M.jpg

PWB:

I'm sure we can find a rule/guideline that can somehow be interpreted to mean that you CAN use that double rig in WB... :lol:

And it will be officially legal until Tex does an editorial on it next month... :o

..........Widder

UPDATE - 17 JUN 2014

Resolution may be near at hand.

Final position statement and appropriate edits have been submitted for review.

Someone with the authority to do so will post notification ASAP once/IF approved by all involved parties.

Thanks to you and all the other volunteers that worked to get this strait before EOT.

PWB:

I'm sure we can find a rule/guideline that can somehow be interpreted to mean that you CAN use that double rig in WB... :lol:

And it will be officially legal until Tex does an editorial on it next month... :o

..........Widder

well... as HJ reminds us re: WB...it won't need the approval of the TG's...easier to convince a ½ dozen (if that) than a roomful...sometimes...

we'll see about the latest suggested submission re: the Action Open issue.

Sent to the Chair of the ROC for review...then it will go to the entire ROC/WB for approval or rejection.

This NEEDS to be settled before the first shot is fired @ EoT...I prefer sooner (like before I head out in that direction).

:ph34r:

I've actually got a double shoulder rig backed up by a "New York Reload" holster...I should be allowed to shoot WBGFJoseyWalesOutlaw category...with the mags stoked to 7 rounds and a .38 rifle with ammo that meets WB PF...using BP.

Hows THAT for takin' a side turn? ;)

NewYorkReload-M.jpg

I'm thinkin' WBFCGF....why limit yourself PWB.....heck load them 45 ACP cartridges up with the holy black too. Who says you can't shoot holy black in a bottom fed semi auto....looky here

Hey, KK!

that fella just has too much FUN...ain't that agin' the law??

If he's gettin' PAID to do those reviews, I want HIS job!

FWIW - I don't own any Glocks...plenty 1911's, tho...but I DID intend to mention BP in that category request. ;)

(been in edit/correct/rewrite mode for the last few hours trying to tie up those loose ends flappin' in the wind)

Hey, KK!

that fella just has too much FUN...ain't that agin' the law??

If he's gettin' PAID to do those reviews, I want HIS job!

FWIW - I don't own any Glocks...plenty 1911's, tho...but I DID intend to mention BP in that category request. ;)

(been in edit/correct/rewrite mode for the last few hours trying to tie up those loose ends flappin' in the wind)

yur hard werk is surely appreeceeated!!

Just printed of page 17 from the RO 1 Book. Is version 19.7 the new, new, new rule? :o If so, it sounds good to me ;)

Regards,

Ringer

Just printed of page 17 from the RO 1 Book. Is version 19.7 the new, new, new rule? :o If so, it sounds good to me ;)

Regards,

Ringer

I don't think it has changed yet...it still looks the same...discarded is still there.

;)

AWSOME PWB!!!

Let's hope that whatever comes of all of this, Bro King doesn't start quoting "The Law" again.

NOW, why can't we shoot Wild Bunch category in all SASS main matches?? (Hey, just thought we start a new knock-down, drag-out fight since this one "may" be over with).

Was it all those big words that got your Wranglers all in a wad, DID? :D From what I can tell you FL outlaws must be so far east and associating with so many Yankees that a Philly lawyer would feel right at home. Go ahead and call if you need me to sound out the ones with three syllables for you. ;)

PROGRESS REPORT: 10:00 AM 17 JUN 2014

Edits & recommendations sent to WB & ROC for review.

When/IF they are accepted there WILL BE a WIRE POSTING ASAP indicating that the rulebooks have been updated.

In the meantime, please just hang tight.

OK?

Was it all those big words that got your Wranglers all in a wad, DID? :D From what I can tell you FL outlaws must be so far east and associating with so many Yankees that a Philly lawyer would feel right at home. Go ahead and call if you need me to sound out the ones with three syllables for you. ;)

I'll tell you what; If you don't make fun of the way we talk, I won't make fun of the way you shoot. Why hold the gun with one hand when the Good Lord gave you two? The least you could do is hold a gun in each hand the way it was meant to be. ;).

In your opinion palewolf, what % of wire posters will be satisfied with the new rule? (just killin time)

If a rule required satisfied posters on the wire, we wouldn't have any rules.

In your opinion palewolf, what % of wire posters will be satisfied with the new rule? (just killin time)

I don't need to satisfy the denizens of the WAHR...just the WB and the ROC at this point.

No guarantees...no money back...

The replies so far have been positive...for what that's worth.

I'll tell you what; If you don't make fun of the way we talk, I won't make fun of the way you shoot. Why hold the gun with one hand when the Good Lord gave you two? The least you could do is hold a gun in each hand the way it was meant to be. ;).

That, my reptilian, mosquito and humidity lovin' friend, is the one change that I would make to the rules for the Classic Cowboy category if I were King. :ph34r:

I don't need to satisfy the denizens of the WAHR...just the WB and the ROC at this point.

No guarantees...no money back...

The replies so far have been positive...for what that's worth.

Didn't say, or mean to imply that you did. I was just looking for a guess.

For example, based on what I've been reading, I think 75% satisfied is theoretically the best that can be hoped for.

As long as I'm happy, then I'm happy...

Nobody will know what % is happy or not.

Mainly because only a small % actually post their comments.

The largest % of Wire viewers never post anything. They just humor themselves with some of our non-sensical comments, attitudes and so called wisdom.

There have been 7,273 VIEWS of this thread. Only 228 comments have been posted.....and MOST of those have been by some of the same person like myself.

..........Widder

The number of Posts does not determine interest. The number of views of the thread reflect the interest in the subject.

I think it is great that a few take the time to post their opinions and fantastic that many members view the posts to learn the various opinions and gather information.

It occurred to me, PWB may be close to a Saint to put up with all that is dumped on him and still be purposeful.

Didn't say, or mean to imply that you did. I was just looking for a guess.

For example, based on what I've been reading, I think 75% satisfied is theoretically the best that can be hoped for.

That would be nice...but I need better than that from the initial review group.

Focusing on that for now.

No harm...no foul.

It's in the SASS by-laws that 73.8% of the Wire responses to any WB proposed change must be positive in order for the change to be implemented.

Cheers!

Phantom

YEP. This is emphasized in the ROIII manual.

I thinks its neat how they came up with that particular %. It was because 73.8% thought it was a good by-law... ;)

..........Widder

taint rumor, it's fact!!! I've got a copy!!

AWSOME PWB!!!

Let's hope that whatever comes of all of this, Bro King doesn't start quoting "The Law" again.

NOW, why can't we shoot Wild Bunch category in all SASS main matches?? (Hey, just thought we start a new knock-down, drag-out fight since this one "may" be over with).

Because CAS shooting isn't just Wild Bunch shooting with revolvers. :lol::D:)

Nobody will know what % is happy or not.

Mainly because only a small % actually post their comments.

The largest % of Wire viewers never post anything. They just humor themselves with some of our non-sensical comments, attitudes and so called wisdom.

There have been 7,273 VIEWS of this thread. Only 228 comments have been posted.....and MOST of those have been by some of the same person like myself.

..........Widder

I did say "Posters". This aint my first slide down the massive series of tubes known as the innerwebs.

Archived