SASS Wire Forum

I know what I was feeling, but what was I thinking?

I wonder if this song has popped into the heads of anyone who had a hand in making the mess with the "new" new rule?

The problem with SASS Rules is NOT lack of good intent or sincerity, but that no one writing seems to know the Rules of American English grammar and do not bother to check the definition of the words chosen.

What is obvious to one group of individuals is not necessarily obvious to another group of individuals. That is why correct American English needs to be used. While this is difficult, it is necessary. The main in source of Rules issues, I fear.

Of course, this is just my opinion !

Cali, but was it worth it???? :D:D

The problem with SASS Rules is NOT lack of good intent or sincerity, but that no one writing seems to know the Rules of American English grammar and do not bother to check the definition of the words chosen.

What is obvious to one group of individuals is not necessarily obvious to another group of individuals. That is why correct American English needs to be used. While this is difficult, it is necessary. The main in source of Rules issues, I fear.

I take personal affront at that particular comment.

It's BS...some of "us" do know American English...but we don't always prevail against those who might not.

Basic reading comprehension (or lack thereof) is another factor.

Those who aren't aware of all that goes on in the background regarding rule changes/clarifications/modifications would best keep their "freedom of speech" in check. IMO

The idea that all opinions are valid is flawed when they are based on incorrect assumptions and ignorance.

:angry:

I'd better sign off here before further commentary gets me "banned for life" by the moderators.

:ph34r:

I wonder if this song has popped into the heads of anyone who had a hand in making the mess with the "new" new rule?

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=223251

REF post #'s 4 & 5 for recent "theme music" related to...

:P

I get cha PW....

It is absolutely ridiculous and a slap in the face, referring to Coakroach's statement.

but if you taint ever been around the inner workings of SASS, that would make you just ignorant instead of stu%%%%.

folk have lil or no idea the amount of work the ROC puts in, for FREE!!!!

if you had ever sat in on a rule wording change or intent to change at the TG meetings at the SASS convention

you may not have said what you stated above,

the definition of each word and how it may be read by others is highly considered, over and over and over and over

did I happen to mention over and over till the cows come home

true fact

Archived