SASS Wire Forum

What Other Rule Changes

Nasty Nels

I am a relatively new Cowboy shooter. Been brung over from USPSA and not looking ta go back. What I am tryin ta do is learn how ta play the game!

Been readin the ruckas about the "discarded" change to the Rules. Read the new 2014 Rules (January) and the new, new 2014 Rules (June). Some language is highlighted. Did not read enough to know if that were new language. It is clear that the "discarded" language wern't highlighted.

Are all of the changes listed somewhere? How is a cowboy or cowgirl gonna know what changed? The "discarded" language is a big change in what we been taught the rule says. Why ain't it highlighted with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one to be used as evidence against us?

Call me a lost cowboy.

Nasty Nels

The most recent edits to the rulebooks are designated by a vertical line to the left of the edited text.

The highlighted text is from one or two edits ago.

Post-Summit annually, there is usually a "Significant Changes" document posted

(on a super-secret website that is accessible to the public)

...once this is settled out, that will likely have to be modified somewhat, but this may help some (for now) to catch up on additional previous edits:

LINK

Dang.....Arlo Guthrie.

A list of changes would be nice. From years of experience writing manuals for various complicated things, when you revise a manual, one of the most important things to keep from ticking off your audience is to include a list of changes made.

Your club's Territorial Governor has been REQUIRED for years (as part of his or her job description) to report back rule changes to the club membership. Most do an excellent job of that. Some only remember right after the annual Convention in December, after big votes (by the TGs) have made (advised to the Wild Bunch) some changes to the rules.

You should be taking an RO I course, and an RO II course, and refresher courses about every 2 years, and the RO Instructor should be paying particular attention to the changes to the rules changes. Most - are excellent. There are a few from whom you might learn more just staring out the window.

Ask around your club - the fast shooter will know who the best local resource is. It may not even be a pard who's JOB it is to stay up on the rules changes.

Good luck, GJ

The most recent edits to the rulebooks are designated by a vertical line to the left of the edited text.

The highlighted text is from one or two edits ago.

Post-Summit annually, there is usually a "Significant Changes" document posted

(on a super-secret website that is accessible to the public)

...once this is settled out, that will likely have to be modified somewhat, but this may help some (for now) to catch up on additional previous edits:

LINK

Will this document be updated to include the June 2014 changes?

What are bisley style hammers? I see from that link it's no longer a rule, and so maybe it doesn't matter anymore. That's just a new one on me. I have some bisley's and didn't realize the hammer was significantly different from my other revolvers other than being lower and wider than some (which I see on a lot of non bisley guns).

Will this document be updated to include the June 2014 changes?

REF POST #2

NO PROMISES

What are bisley style hammers? I see from that link it's no longer a rule, and so maybe it doesn't matter anymore. That's just a new one on me. I have some bisley's and didn't realize the hammer was significantly different from my other revolvers other than being lower and wider than some (which I see on a lot of non bisley guns).

Ruger%20Hammers-L.jpg

PWB.

Thanks for the quick response. Helps a little. Raises more issues.

I really like super secret whatevers.

Made original post to learn something. I did.

No interest in stirring pot; so signing off.

NN

PWB.

NN

You're welcome...and thank YOU!

;)

PWB.

NN

Since when did NASTY NELS

Become NICE NELS?

I think I am going to faint!

Maybe Nels don't want to start earning those 'black stars' like Wyatt has earned over the past few years..... :lol::lol::lol:

p.s. - and those 5 black stars don't represent the number of friends he has..... :o

..........Widder

Maybe Nels don't want to start earning those 'black stars' like Wyatt has earned over the past few years..... :lol::lol::lol:

p.s. - and those 5 black stars don't represent the number of friends he has..... :o

..........Widder

Hey............I have 5 friends...........3 of them just don't know it yet

Is it really a secret if we all know about it

That's a JOKE! (and a "dig" at those who relentlessly accuse "us" of hiding that information somewhere besides on the SASS home page).

There are a few who just don't understand that it is easier for ME to update and/or correct information, reports and CC articles that I've written personally if I have direct & instant access to the "storage unit" where it is archived...which happens to be my home club's website.

FWIW - I am NOT a Wire Moderator, nor do I have any editing privileges regarding the rulebooks...except, as with most of the non-WB ROC members, as an advisor.

I view those few that INSIST that those documents be accessible via the SASS home page (other than through the links continuously posted both public and private forums for reference) as trying to make MY "job" more difficult.

<_<

...and, for the record, I consider Wyatt a friend of mine...whether that's a good thing or bad is up to him. ;)

Archived