SASS Wire Forum

Rule change?

Boy you guys are sure long winded!!! 9 pages??? Really?? Has anyone actually learned anything from this??? I didn't! :P

Rye

Since you asked (and this now makes it TEN) :o , I'm beginning to learn to NOT waste time trying to explain things that I obviously do NOT understand to people with apparent reading and comprehension disabilities.

There's a reason I no longer bother to write articles ("WtC?" or otherwise) for the Chronicle...and it's is NOT due to any issues with the editor.

For so many to claim that they don't read the CC, it looks like going to digital may have inadvertently increased the readership.

(I also want to thank Mid Valley Drifter for donating the last "hard copy" issue to the SASS archives...it was the JUNE 2014 edition)

...and I "accidentally" learned that SOME folks happen to LIKE accordion and bagpipe tunes....others with questionable musical taste, do NOT.

:P

Live from the dialysis center...time to take my AM meds.

:wub:

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since you asked (and this now makes it TEN) :o , I'm beginning to learn to NOT waste time trying to explain things that I obviously do NOT understand to people with apparent reading and comprehension disabilities.

There's a reason I no longer bother to write articles ("WtC?" or otherwise) for the Chronicle...and it's is NOT due to any issues with the editor.

For so many to claim that they don't read the CC, it looks like going to digital may have inadvertently increased the readership.

(I also want to thank Mid Valley Drifter for donating the last "hard copy" issue to the SASS archives...it was the JUNE 2014 edition)

...and I "accidentally" learned that SOME folks happen to LIKE accordion and bagpipe tunes....others with questionable musical taste, do NOT.

Live from the dialysis center...time to take my AM meds.

:wub:

Questionable musical taste??? Music is art, it's personal. I never put anyone down that likes accordion or bagpipes!! I simply said "I don't like it"!!! To accuse me of having "questionable" taste in music is an insult. I've made a living out of playing drums, teaching drums. and tuning and repairing and rebuilding pianos. That itself doesn't make me an expert but "questionable musical taste??? I hope you were kidding!! :wacko:

BTW I got the the whole rule change topic on the first page which is why I started poking fun at the 9 pages! :blink:

Rye

Questionable musical taste??? Music is art, it's personal. I never put anyone down that likes accordion or bagpipes!! I simply said "I don't like it"!!! To accuse me of having "questionable" taste in music is an insult. I've made a living out of playing drums, teaching drums. and tuning and repairing and rebuilding pianos. That itself doesn't make me an expert but "questionable musical taste???

I hope you were kidding!! :wacko:

YES...I WAS !...any references to the goin's on in the SALOON should NOT be taken serially.

Thought THAT was understood at the git go over there by the comments accompanying the videos that some of us were posting after your comment.

:o^_^:huh::blink::wacko::unsure::excl:

BTW I got the the whole rule change topic on the first page which is why I started poking fun at the 9 pages! :blink:

Then I wasn't talking about YOU specifically...'cept for that MUSIC comment.

(they weren't kiddin' about the increase in speed on my desktop)

Questionable musical taste??? Music is art, it's personal. I never put anyone down that likes accordion or bagpipes!! I simply said "I don't like it"!!! To accuse me of having "questionable" taste in music is an insult. I've made a living out of playing drums, teaching drums. and tuning and repairing and rebuilding pianos. That itself doesn't make me an expert but "questionable musical taste???

I hope you were kidding!! :wacko:

YES...I WAS !...any references to the goin's on in the SALOON should NOT be taken serially.

Thought THAT was understood at the git go over there by the comments accompanying the videos that some of us were posting after your comment.

:o^_^:huh::blink::wacko::unsure:

Then I wasn't talking about YOU specifically...'cept for that MUSIC comment.

(they weren't kiddin' about the increase in speed on my desktop)

Gotcha! ;)

+1. I'm a posse marshal at EOT and am equally frustrated. We would be better off going back to the pre-convention rule than trying to muddle through with the "new" new rule. At least under the old rule everyone knew what was meant when a TO or spotter started yelling -- LEVER! LEVER!! LEVER!!!

Did you hear of any negative incident at WR from this rule (the then new rule version) taking place?

I am with Phantom and some others, just can not think that thinking through the idea of intentionally doing this makes a lot of sense. The "think time" alone is costly. Then perhaps it is in some shooters minds, that the lack of "think time" is a gain. Again, I thought the new 2014 version was to help the TOs who IMO are getting far to much "on their shoulders" at times.

bb (a not so happy with this mess PM/TO)

Archived