SASS Wire Forum

Doc Holliday's Annual Match "Ride of the Immortals"

Captain Bill Burt

SS,

I will be there to keep you entertained. I like to shoot with you guys.

Plus Delta Glen and his two girls ain't no slouches when it comes to cowboy shooting.

I think we have a FINE posse full of good folks.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, looks like the Lord decided it was time for me to eat a little humble pie. I got up this morning did my regular 3 mile jog and worked with the free weights, took a shower and got dressed for work. While walking through the den I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my left knee and the rascal has been hurting every since. 800 mg of Motrin later the pain is not as sharp, but I am still limping. Jan is looking for a knee brace that will hopefully allow me to shoot tomorrow. If not, my posse has a built in RO, brass monkey, target setter, score keeper, spotter, etc. Knew I shouldn't have shot off my mouth about SC being competition to GA.

Sorry to hear that Stoney! Maybe this means I have a chance to keep up with you (probably not).

So, the steel is up and painted, everything I can think of has been done, though I probably forgot something.

The weather forecast for the area is 40% chance of rain until about 1pm, then it moves up to 60%. However, the total expected rainfall in the morning is 1/10 of an inch and in the afternoon it's 1/4 of an inch. Three of our stages you can shoot from cover, and we can modify another one to allow that. We also have portable pavilions we can put up if necessary. Don't let the forecast scare you away! We're set to have a blast.

Nama and I came, we saw, and went home with tail between our legs. Dang GA shooters, they were just too good for us this weekend. Hate we did not get to shoot all 8 stages, but standing in the open with a lightning rod in my hand and a lightning storm whipping up, did not seem like a particularly good idea. Sorry I did not get to help take the steel down afterwards, but I suspect that job was probably put off until things settled down. Had a fun time with our posse and met some great new friends that I hope to be able to remember when next we meet. Memory being what it is, I will probably embarrass myself and forget a name.

Special thanks to Capt. Bill, Azz and everyone at the Griffin club that worked so hard to make their annual match the great event it is. We look forward to seeing you folks next year.

Great match in spite of the weather., Got to shoot all 8 stages, although I shot stage 2 in the pouring rain, and the match was called right after that.

Cap'n Bill and the gang did a great job in getting things organized and again after having to eliminate 3 stages since not everyone had a chance to shoot them. As a result, I got a clean match token (my misses were on the stages that had to be eliminated).

Cap'n Bill and Azz and the gang did a great job, and Bill did very well with his first big match as director!

And i won a shotgun!!!!!

Will plan on making it again next year.

Capt. Bill....I've been reading about the weather ya'll had....must have been fun. Ya must have been taking match director notes at the GA State match two years ago.

Capt. Bill....I've been reading about the weather ya'll had....must have been fun. Ya must have been taking match director notes at the GA State match two years ago.

Somehow the rain missed our posse, we finished with a very light mist that lasted a good 5-8 minutes. Didn't even get moist. The rain must have been regional around the stages.

Targets were big and close, and as usual, I missed a couple. BlueJeans says its dept perception. MT

Somehow the rain missed our posse, we finished with a very light mist that lasted a good 5-8 minutes. Didn't even get moist. The rain must have been regional around the stages.

Targets were big and close, and as usual, I missed a couple. BlueJeans says its dept perception. MT

The rain came within minutes of you leaving, it came quickly, with very little warning and in great quantity. Lots of fun... <_<

The rain came within minutes of you leaving, it came quickly, with very little warning and in great quantity. Lots of fun... <_<

Oh yes, lotsa fun. One of the easiest matches with no surprises ever. BlueJeans diet, required we leave and stop to get her some food. She's needs to watch her diet. We saw the rain from restaraunt.

Good job, good fun, great people to shoot with. MT

Thanks so much for a great time at Doc Holiday's Immortals! The stages were fun and different, the food was great and plentiful...and what do you say about fellow shooters other than they make it all worthwhile. The weather was challenging but that is what it is, there might have been a bump or two but we can deal with that too. I couldn't have chosen a better posse to be with...each one added their own special flavor! Thanks Capt Bill and Maurader for emailing me about this match...I hope to visit more regularly. Yours truly, Katelyn Rose

Archived