SASS Wire Forum

Doc Holliday's Annual Match "Ride of the Immortals"

Captain Bill Burt

Hey Cap'n Bill I haven't been able to make it back for any matches this summer :( but I shore would like to come out and watch the match if that is possible. The IRS has set me back purty hard this year and I have struggled to keep 'em out of my pocket. That and I got my first young'un going off to college next week has stretched us purty thin. I promise not to bother anybody or ask too many dumb questions. I'd really like to meet some of the folks on here and see the regulars at the club again as well. You all surely make a person feel welcome every time I've been able to get out there and I learn somethin' new ever time I go!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

39. Dirt Merchant

40. Fast Eddie

41. Iron Chief

42. Stavanger.

So, we have 42 commitments, 33 applications, and we're cutting it off at approximately 90-95 (TBD). The first 45 applications I receive will get two tickets each towards winning the Baikal.

We're also considering a cowboy/cowgirl shoot off side match Friday afternoon. It would entail 5 reactive rifle targets, 6 reactive pistols, and two shotguns. We'll need interest from at least 16 shooters and we will plan on starting the Friday afternoon before the match, sometime between the hours of 1-3 depending on shooter feedback. If you're interested in this side match please email me at tom_burt@yahoo.com

Wow do we have a good looking shooters list! Just check out all the lady shooters. ;)

1 Swift Stoney

2 Kid Nama

3 Captain Bill Burt

4 Shootin Sharyn

5 Cheatin' Chamberlin

6 Iva Gun

7 Johnny Jump-up

8 Isom Dart

9 Wishbone Hooper

10 Badlands Bob

11 Dances With Pit Bulls

12 Cassalong Hopidy

13 Confederate Colt

14 No Limit

15 Marshal Troop

16 Big Boyd

17 Wabash Valley Slim

18 Ozark Azz

19 Maggie Darlin

20 Cowboy Junky

21 Carolina Girl

22 Kid Ray

23 Sue Render

24 Marauder

25 Shorty Butte

26 Rainmaker

27 Snellville Kid

28 New River Kid

29 Judge Em All Duncan

30 Yazoo City Gal

31 Double Barrel Farrell

32 Pick Wardlow

33 Kinderhook Kid

34 Rowdy Ranger Rick

35 Barkeep Casey

36 Bucky Buscadero

37 Whiskey Business

38 Pale Ale Rider

39 Dirt Merchant

40 Fast Eddie

41 Iron Chief

42 Stavanger

43 The Mississippi Kid

44 McKenzie River Drifter

45 Delta Glen

46 Hawkeye Gin

47 Beck a Boo

48 Major Mishap

I think we're going to have a great time Boyd! More shooters:

49. Marshall Ruger

50. Christian Mortician

51. Katelynn Rose

52. Bronco Jim

53. DQ Jones

54. Jimmie Gunn

55. Gunnby

56. Pig Iron Lane

57. Witch Doctor

58. Hike's Point Hank

59. The Lego Kid

60. Dancin Duelist

61. Potshot Parker

62. Dixie Pistols

63. Blackhawk Henry

64. Phantom Rider

65. Joe West

66. Talon Mcleod

67. Enna Tizzy

68. Loose Trigger

69. Bushot Bill

70. Big Country

We're filling up. The match is five weeks away and we have room for 15 more shooters. For those of you who've told me you're coming, but haven't sent your app yet, please get those in so I can ensure I have the right awards ordered. Thanks!

Well this Alabama black powder shootin couple isn't SCARED!! :huh:<_<:D Looking forward to seeing ya'll in a few weeks. ;)

Cheatin'

Not only is he not scared....he'll let you know right upfront that he CHEATS :D:lol:;)

• 3 weeks later...

You're in as a Senior Gunfighter Major!

Match day is almost upon us, four days and counting. The forecast is pretty good, 20 percent chance of rain with a high of 83. Not bad for September in Georgia (if it works out). We have a full match with 83 shooters!

1 Swift Stoney

2 Kid Nama

3 Captain Bill Burt

4 Shootin Sharyn

5 Cheatin' Chamberlin

6 Iva Gun

7 Johnny Jump-up

8 Isom Dart

9 Wishbone Hooper

10 Badlands Bob

11 Dances With Pit Bulls

12 Cassalong Hopidy

13 Confederate Colt

14 No Limit

15 Marshal Troop

16 Big Boyd

17 Wabash Valley Slim

18 Ozark Azz

19 Maggie Darlin

20 Cowboy Junky

21 Carolina Girl

22 Kid Ray

23 Sue Render

24 Marauder

25 Shorty Butte

26 Rainmaker

27 Snellville Kid

28 New River Kid

29 Judge Em All Duncan

30 Yazoo City Gal

31 Double Barrel Farrell

32 Pick Wardlow

33 Kinderhook Kid

34 Rowdy Ranger Rick

35 Barkeep Casey

36 Bucky Buscadero

37 Whiskey Business

38 Pale Ale Rider

39 Dirt Merchant

40 Fast Eddie

41 Iron Chief

42 Stavanger

43 McKenzie River Drifter

44 Delta Glen

45 Hawkeye Gin

46 Beck a Boo

47 Major Mishap

48 Marshal Ruger

49 Christian Mortician

50 Katelynn Rose

51 Bronco Jim

52 DQ Jones

53 Jimmie Gunn

54 Gunnby

55 Pig Iron Lane

56 Witch Doctor

57 Hikes Point Hank

58 The Lego Kid

59 Potshot Parker

60 Dixie Pistols

61 Blackhawk Henry

62 Phantom Rider

63 Joe West

64 Talon Macleod

65 Enna Tizzy

66 Loose Trigger

67 Bushot Bill

68 Big Country

69 Skeet Single Action

70 Black Jack Lee

71 Johnny Angel

72 That Masked Man

73 Rider in the Sky

74 Laredo Lou

75 Ophelia Payne

76 Max Payne

77 Desperado

78 Roughneck Rod

79 Trail Bandit

80 Raindrop Renegade

81 Steamboat

82 Cardboard Cowboy

83 Foxy Fillie

Dang Capt. Bill...a long list of nefarious ne'er-do-wells if'n there ever was one...looks like it's gonna be a good shoot. If I was in town I'd definitely be at that match. Ya'll all need to make sure you take all of the misses out of the bullets and shotshells before you pack them in your ammo box, bring a new rope for the match director just in case and above all have fun.

Kajun

You folks do realize that from the looks of things South Carolina will probably hurt you GA boys and girls feelings :P :P :P :P We are bringing the best of the best so GA better dig deep and come up with some serious competition for us. Your only saving grace is that Knot Hardly Done and Shamrock Sadie are previously committed to another event so you do not have them to contend with.

Maybe y'all can set the stages up tomorrow and practice then every day between now and Saturday. That might give you a little edge. :) :) :) :) :)

Bill, you reckon this post stirred the pot a little?

I reckon the pot done been stirred a pretty good bit. That there is material for the bulletin board in the locker room.

I'll be sure to pass it along to our resident world champions. I'm sure quite a few of them may have something to say about that. By my count we have a WC B-Western, a WC FC Gunfighter, and a WC Duelist, not to mention assorted State Champs from the Peach State. If I can talk a certain Rebel into showing up we'll have one more.

It's going to be a challenge just to crack the top ten at this match.

Swift Stoney....on Sunday I'm gonna buy me a box of popcorn and a tall Nehi bellywasher and check out the scores on DHI's website...it ought to be interesting. Ya'l have fun...ya hear!

Kajun

Hey Boyd,

We're going to start setup Friday morning and do a shoot through for some of the workers starting around lunch time. When we wrap up, if we're not too tired, some of us may go out for food and some refreshing beverages. You're welcome to join us for any part(s) of that you would like!

Geez Bill, you guys shouldn't be so sensitive :) :) :) :) I sure hope the GA contingent doesn't get up tight with all the "serious" competition coming their way. Well, they probably won't given they shoot End of Trail with relative ease.

I might want to shift over to Phil's posse since I'll have more friendly faces. On second thought, I like my posse just fine. I know some of the folks and am looking forward to meeting some new friends.

I am still planning on helping take down the stages after we are finished if I am not to wiped out. Maybe a rain shower or two will actually help cool us off. Can' wait to see all you guys.

Archived