SASS Wire Forum

Doc Holliday's Annual Match "Ride of the Immortals"

Captain Bill Burt

Correct me if I am wrong, but I understand the match director will be offering free lodging at his house for all participants from south of the Fla-Ga line.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whooeee. Barkeep Casey AND the Lees shooting in Georgia!

If ya'll come early enough Friday we can arrange a rematch of our infamous shoot off last Saturday, shall I post a link?

post a link! I need some motivation for the rematch. LOL. I can't wait.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I understand the match director will be offering free lodging at his house for all participants from south of the Fla-Ga line.

i thought it was west of the Ga. Line

Since it is hard to see what's happening in the video. I will confess, yes I DID shoot Capt. Bill's plate instead of mine.

As requested:

Capt. Bill vs. Barkeep Casey.

Dan I think the grandkids will be staying that weekend. The youngest one still has incontinence issues. You can sleep with him.

That would be freakin' awesome.

Havent got to shoot in a long while. Maybe I can make this one. I gotta get some help with my 73. The hammer spring is weak and I haven't had to replace it before.

Stretch....there is a match this Sat at Cherokee Gun Club....that's a close range to you...you ought to make that match. It's close and friendly. If you have never been there before send me PM and I'll send you directions to the range.

The link that Marauder put in his post above is the part and like he said it's pretty much a drop in part...not hard to install at all.

Kajun

As requested:

Capt. Bill vs. Barkeep Casey.

Dan I think the grandkids will be staying that weekend. The youngest one still has incontinence issues. You can sleep with him.

CBB...that's just wrong on SO many levels. Shootin Sharyn...I'm SMH too!

We had 2 of our grandsons stay with us for 9 days recently. The 4 year old had a "night time accident" on 3 different occasions during that time. My better half about wore out the washing machine doing the sheets. DDD...you know how do wash sheets? :o

Stretch....there is a match this Sat at Cherokee Gun Club....that's a close range to you...you ought to make that match. It's close and friendly. If you have never been there before send me PM and I'll send you directions to the range.

The link that Marauder put in his post above is the part and like he said it's pretty much a drop in part...not hard to install at all.

Kajun

Thanks. I have been there before a few times. Not sure if I will have my rifle fixed by then or not. Im not very good at taking it apart.

Havent got to shoot in a long while. Maybe I can make this one. I gotta get some help with my 73 rifle. The hammer spring is weak and I haven't had to replace it before.

I hope you can make it, it's been a while, what a year at least? As Marauder mentioned someone will put it in for you.

Heck the Kajun is a genuine LSU edumakated engineer! I bet he could put it in blindfolded using only his left foot.

Kajun I can just about guarantee DDD is familiar with soiled sheets, he's got a lot of young boys in the house.

Sleeping through the night yet triple D?

I hope you can make it, it's been a while, what a year at least? As Marauder mentioned someone will put it in for you.

Heck the Kajun is a genuine LSU edumakated engineer! I bet he could put it in blindfolded using only his left foot.

Kajun I can just about guarantee DDD is familiar with soiled sheets, he's got a lot of young boys in the house.

Yep been over a year I think. We moved and I have been so busy with work and kids I haven't had a chance to shoot. Really been missing it though.

If Badlands Bob is coming, I guess I better too. He gets confused if I am not there to help him. I don't mind since I don't have anything better to do.

Cass you were one of only four clean shooters at Cherokee today, Bob was one of the others. Do I detect a trend?

Congrats to Max Payne on his first clean match, way to go pard!

I on the other hand had three misses, and I thought I had thoroughly cleaned those pistols and got all the misses out. Oh well. :unsure:

Georgia is definitely getting thick with gunfighters. And it's definitely getting thick around here.

Cass whooped me today but next weekend is another match. We'll see how fast he is after hauling steel all day Friday.

Seldom

Georgia is definitely getting thick with gunfighters. And it's definitely getting thick around here.

Cass whooped me today but next weekend is another match. We'll see how fast he is after hauling steel all day Friday.

Gosh, Bob. You sure know how to sweet talk a feller. You are right about hauling steel though--don't exactly add to your energy store.

This is Shaping up to be a Great Match, Buffalo Western Wear will be on the Range with All Your COWBOY NEEDS.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey and more money?

Does this mean you'll be attending?

Capt...see this thread and you'll understand John Boy's posting.

Does this mean you'll be attending?

Capt Bill - unfortunately No. If I was 30 years younger - not married and had a RV - it would be enjoyable to travel the country to many matches and meet CAS folks that live out side New Jersey.

Wishing you and all a great shoot

Capt Bill - unfortunately No. If I was 30 years younger - not married and had a RV - it would be enjoyable to travel the country to many matches and meet CAS folks that live out side New Jersey.

Wishing you and all a great shoot

Thanks! If you're ever down here it's the second Saturday and the match is on me.

The shooter's list is starting to look pretty good. If you're a gunfighter or a frontier cartridge duelist it's already starting to look pretty competitive. I talked to Doc Griffin today and he's going to be there with his chuck wagon. That means plenty of great cobbler!

The shooter's list is starting to look pretty good. If you're a gunfighter or a frontier cartridge duelist it's already starting to look pretty competitive. I talked to Doc Griffin today and he's going to be there with his chuck wagon. That means plenty of great cobbler!

Captain Bill: Are you shooting FCD for this match? Can you put the list on the wire so we all can see. ;)

Cheatin'

Archived