SASS Wire Forum

Doc Holliday's Annual Match "Ride of the Immortals"

Captain Bill Burt

You're cordially invited to join us for Doc Holliday's annual match "Ride of the Immortals".

Eight action packed stages with big and close targets written by Ozark Azz.

Lots of door prizes, including a Baikal shotgun, awards three deep in every category, plus a buffet after the match, all for only $35.

All Around Cowboy will be a category.

September 13th 2014 at Doc Holliday's Immortals in Griffin Georgia. Check in begins at 7:30, safety meeting at 8:45, shoot four stages, break for lunch, shoot four more, tear down, then the buffet, prizes and awards.

For more information and match applications check out our website.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stoney, I think I can accommodate you. Might could find an extra spot in the bunkhouse for you. I do have fencing that needs mending and some of the horses need re-shoeing. I'm sure you don't mind working off your housing with a few chores. Jan's a princess so she gets a spot in the house. Azz

Bill, PLEASE paint the neat little white borders on the targets so us color deficient folks stand a chance. As to Phil designing the stages that is just peachy. I will get there early and set the targets.

Azz, you are just not nice. Please equate all the labor to a dollar amount and let me know where to send the check.

He looked like he was having fun.

He was. He shot relatively well. Missed two each on first two stages of day and a P. All pistol mistakes. I made him do a practice round with pistols only between second and third stages and it was on! No more misses rest of day.

He is really quick with that Henry youth 22 rifle!

This is shaping up to be a great match. If Azz is writing the stages it should be a challenging but fun match.

The wife and I will be out of town on our vacation that weekend so I am going to miss this year's match but I'll certainly be looking forward to next year's version.

Kajun

When I said set the targets, I meant set the targets for us folks that love to point shoot. Dang those front sights. I had to use them last weekend in AL and it almost killed me. You get all excited about shooting a really fast stage and then discover you actually have to aim. How much fun is that?

By the way, thanks for agreeing to take care of the Griffin folks. I always gave you credit for more smarts but I reckon everyone has a weak moment. The match director's job is one of the least appreciated. When all goes well that is to be expected and not applauded. When all does not go well, you have everyone on your case. Pretty much a no win situation. You ought to get a 5 second bonus on each stage for your efforts!

When I said set the targets, I meant set the targets for us folks that love to point shoot. Dang those front sights. I had to use them last weekend in AL and it almost killed me. You get all excited about shooting a really fast stage and then discover you actually have to aim. How much fun is that?

By the way, thanks for agreeing to take care of the Griffin folks. I always gave you credit for more smarts but I reckon everyone has a weak moment. The match director's job is one of the least appreciated. When all goes well that is to be expected and not applauded. When all does not go well, you have everyone on your case. Pretty much a no win situation. You ought to get a 5 second bonus on each stage for your efforts!

I'd support that....add 5 seconds to every stage he shoots...regardless of where it is. Maybe then I might have a chance to at least finish a bit closer to ole Capt. Bill :D

You probably gave me too much credit, I'm actually pretty slow, box of chocolates and all that.

I like the bonus idea, with all the misses I've had lately they might balance out!

Easy Rider built a great club (running for 18 straight years now) with the best team you could hope for. Almost all of them are staying, so I expect they'll make me look better than I am.

Are the applications available?

Hotel suggestions?

Glad you're coming!

Coming from the south you can either get off I75 at exit 212 and stay at a Super Eight, a Red Roof Inn or a Comfort Suites, or get off at exit 216 where there is a Sleep Inn, Quality Inn, and a Country Inn.

The applications are available on our webpage.

Trying to Rope the Lee boy's into making the trip with me. Looking forward to it!

Whooeee. Barkeep Casey AND the Lees shooting in Georgia!

If ya'll come early enough Friday we can arrange a rematch of our infamous shoot off last Saturday, shall I post a link?

Captain: Miss Iva Gun and I checked our schedule and its open for those dates. So count us in!!! ;) We will mail the entry forms tomorrow or Saturday. Looking forward to shooting with ya'll. The last time we shot at Griffin was when the last Georgia state match was held their. :ph34r:

Cheatin'

Hey Cheatin'! Glad you and Iva are coming!!!

We'll be recognizing "All Around Cowboy" at Doc's this year so write that in on your application if you're interested.

The category rules will be:

Two traditional stages

Two duelist stages

Two gunfighter stages

Two outlaw stages

All Around Cowboys will be eligible for the overall, must shoot a minimum of two stages with their 'off' shotgun, either '97 or double, and may shoot black powder.

All Around Cowboy dress will be 'Classic Cowboy'.

If you shot All Around Cowboy at Georgia State here's you're chance to do it again with a slight twist.

Archived