SASS Wire Forum

I'll Keep Using Plungers

Subdeacon Joe

Yeah, but the whole idea is that yo need to keep buying these new and improved plunger seals. After all, that traditional plunger will last for years and do hundreds of stoppages, they won't make any money that way.

And if it doesn't work? You're left with the disgusting issue of having the toilet overflow when you pull off the sticker thing.

Did you notice they didn't show you how to dispose of the sticker thing, which is probably quite wet and disgusting in that clear area.

I'm keeping my plunger and my drain auger.

Auger works best. If one has that much trouble get a new toilet. I install alot of toilets, the names amuse me; Wellworth, Plebe, Quiet Flush, etc. Wouldn't you prefer the Great White, Grizzly, Jaws, Piranha, etc.

...Wouldn't you prefer the Great White, Grizzly, Jaws, Piranha, etc.

I"m still waiting on the "Hungry, Hungry Hippo" model.

hungry-hungry-hippos_raincoaster-100628.

Auger works best. If one has that much trouble get a new toilet. I install alot of toilets, the names amuse me; Wellworth, Plebe, Quiet Flush, etc. Wouldn't you prefer the Great White, Grizzly, Jaws, Piranha, etc.

Vesuvius, Mt. St. Helens, Mauna Kea...

Oops, sorry - those flow the wrong direction.

The Swallowall.

Cookie Monster

Sinkhole

Abyssomatic

:D

I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!

My distinguished colleagues have presented more and better arguments than could I.

If it works, don't fix it says I, and I don't reckon to replace what works.

When Mr Toilet turns angry, I grab a nearby plunger. .....Quick! No time fer that thing.

Yeah, but the whole idea is that yo need to keep buying these new and improved plunger seals. After all, that traditional plunger will last for years and do hundreds of stoppages, they won't make any money that way.

TS

The newer toilets are designed to swallow the biggest loads. Always replace your toilet with the taller ADA toilet, they work better and the higher seat makes it easier to get up after doing your business. A good toilet is an investment, a cheap one will cost you money in the long run. You will not have to buy those plastic things if you buy a good toilet. If you do happen to plug up a newer toilet you should go to work for Kohler or Standard in the R&D lab. Or, eat more fiber.

ADA toilets are terrible. To do your business properly, your knees need to be at least even with your hips if not higher. If some people will need the higher seat because of mobility issues, just get a really thick seat so there are options. A class 5 flush system is what makes the new toilets amazing, and they make those in standard heights.

I know this is a few days old, but I have pretty strong anti-ADA toilet opinions. I mainly don't like that they make up 90% of what is available to buy when I go shopping for a new one.

When mine clogs, and I flush, it overflows. Don't go "up to the rim" - goes waaaaaaay past the rim and onto the floor. Messy/stinky.

I see the fellas problem. My toilet woulda passed all that with no problem. I got me one of them that can pass a bucket of golf balls.

I keep seein' these references to being able to "pass a bucket o' golf balls."

Heck ~ I want one that'll flush down a healthy, flapping, quacking duck! :rolleyes:

ADA toilets are terrible. To do your business properly, your knees need to be at least even with your hips if not higher. If some people will need the higher seat because of mobility issues, just get a really thick seat so there are options. A class 5 flush system is what makes the new toilets amazing, and they make those in standard heights. I know this is a few days old, but I have pretty strong anti-ADA toilet opinions. I mainly don't like that they make up 90% of what is available to buy when I go shopping for a new one.

I did not know there was a proper way to poop. :)

I keep seein' these references to being able to "pass a bucket o' golf balls."

Heck ~ I want one that'll flush down a healthy, flapping, quacking duck! :rolleyes:

While I can't attest to what it would do to a duck, we have some pressure assisted toilets here at work that I sure as heck wouldn't use to wash a cat (that the missus would miss). Might wanna look into one of those. I think they're even considered low flow, so you can flush down california ducks with them.

Those jet toilet are pretty cool, however I have a friend that weighs 120 lbs soaking wets that craps bigger then my horse, during a golf trip he DID manage to clog the hotels jet toilet with a massive steamer. we stopped by his room on the way to dinner and the hotel maintenance guys just arrived to fix it, I remember the poor bastard walking in and yell "Dios Mio!! it's Muey Grande! "

Archived