SASS Wire Forum

One Week 'til Illinois State

Not wanting to highjack another active thread, I decided to start a new one.

I have permission from Allie Mo to post this on The Wire as an announcement rather than in Classifieds.

As many of you know, Bookworm Sandy, my wife, unexpectedly passed away in February. Sandy had a very large collection of clothes, hats, wigs, accessories, and some jewelry for CAS™, which I will be bringing to the Illinois State Shoot. I will also have one or two other good non-CAS™ clothing items of hers for which someone might find a use. They will be set up under the sale/swap tent on Friday. All used items will be priced at 50 cents on the dollar or less, with a few unused items slightly higher. ALL proceeds from this sale will go to Sandy’s lifelong charity, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Either cash or personal checks will be welcome, as long as the check is made payable to “St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital,” and has “Sandy Hovonick memorial” on the memo line.

Thanks for your interest,

Count Sandor

My condolences for your loss, Sir. Saint Judes is one of the few charities I will donate to. They do fine work.

Being new to this area, where is the Illinois State Shoot being held? I'd like to try to visit, at the very least, if I can.

Thanks,

World Shooting Complex works out to be about 50 miles S-SE from downtown St. Louis.

If you haven't yet seen this facility, it's probably worth the trip for that alone.

Come on over if you get the chance - we'd be happy to meet you!

CS

Being new to this area, where is the Illinois State Shoot being held? I'd like to try to visit, at the very least, if I can.

Thanks,

Please come by and check us out. I think you will enjoy yourself. We would be pleased to show you around.

Thank you very much for the kind invite. I was planning on heading that way after w*rk on Friday or sometime Saturday. Depends on the weather. I too will be more than happy to support St Judes.

Hey Chris, bring yer Saturday night goin' out duds. I bet Miss Weev can find a extra plate at the banquet for ya.

For a slight fee, of course, or not? ;)

The match is actually Saturday and Sunday, Chris. Side matches are Friday.

Archived