SASS Wire Forum

The Adventures of Calico Mary, Buick and Cheyenne at Hard Times

It all started when I saw their HHR turn into the large parking lot/cheap camping area at Hard Times. I stepped out in front of the campers and waved them in. Buick responded by throwing gravel from the tires, not sure if he was in a hurry, aiming for me or if Calico had reached over and hit the gas.

The car stopped short of me, I hadn't even drawn yet, and they both emerged with huge smiles, tho CM's was a blur as she ran to hug me, you see we've been writing for over a year in Dreams of the Golden Aspen and we felt like long lost siblings.

I supplied them comfortable chairs and a beer for Buick and wine and rum for Calico. We visited for while before going to the club house for the pot luck, and Calico even at some of my famous venison.

After the dinner we visited a while longer before they returned to their hotel.

Friday morning they had breakfast with Prairie Dawg and Rye Miles, and more good Ohio hospitality.

Friday night was good for all of us, I won a pair of Evil roy pistols and Buick won a very nice prize as well. We returned to the campers for more beer, wine and rum and more Ohio hospitality!

Sat we shot together, having a blast and then we got to completely surprise Calico with her Jedi pin. We had her up front after the quilt she gave was auctioned off and as she stood there getting her pic taken with the Match Directors I started the Jedi presentation,,, she wasn't really even listening, but she heard it when I called her name... which brought another hug, complete with plenty of tears on her part.

I have it on good authority that she wore it to bed that night too. Buick told us so!!

Sunday we finished shooting with Calico winning LW, and me taking a SDQ for putting away a cocked pistol...

They had to leave right after the shooting was over, I got another hug and kiss from Calico, and then one from Buick!! He even kissed me!!!! I did make Calico kiss me on that cheek afterwards though...

So anyone that thought we were serious put that thought into the sea of forgetfulness, it just isn't so!!

The two of them had the biggest smiles the whole weekend I've ever seen and that brought plenty of joy to my soul!!

If scheduling allowed Ide make the trip to the CO state shoot, and enjoy some of their hospitality and continue to put nasty rumors to rest!

I am truly glad that I had a part in making Hard Times one of their most enjoyable remembrances...!!! and they only had to drive 1200 miles one way to have it happen. I am humbled that I had a part in it!!

I did get vid of Buick Shooting, but I respected Calico's requests and didn't get none of her, tho I did see one of the two of us somewhere....

go ahead and tell her getting her Jedi pin never happened,,, I double dog dare ya!!!!!

we did have a good time...... it was a huge responsibility though, having someone come 1200 miles to finally meet you, but I was able to help make their weekend a very good one!

I'm disappointed that I couldn't make it over to meet them. It would've been a pleasure and an honor.

they are both something!!!!

I did get vid of Buick Shooting, but I respected Calico's requests and didn't get none of her, tho I did see one of the two of us somewhere....

go ahead and tell her getting her Jedi pin never happened,,, I double dog dare ya!!!!!

we did have a good time...... it was a huge responsibility though, having someone come 1200 miles to finally meet you, but I was able to help make their weekend a very good one!

Oh you have pics you know you do.

KK

they are both something!!!!

What exactly we're not sure, but they are something!

c'mon, you didn't really expected me to pass up a set up like that??

Buick at Hard Times, with the infamous Prairie Dawg as RO...

this is a video

th_100_0771.jpg

I had a great time with those two!! Calico's a sweetheart and Buick is my new goomba buddy!! (It's an Italian thing, we're both Italian) ;)

BTW Cheyenne called that SDQ on himself. No one would have known! That's the cowboy way! :excl:

Rye

yu know, I did walk past Rye right after I was done shooting that stage,,,,, thot I felt something.....

what a great time we had!!!! I got to do my thing, making people smile......

It was truly a pleasure to meet the both of them. I wish we could have talked more, as does my daughter.

YOU HAD VENISON?!?! I really like the high speed beef!

IF YOU WERE there for the pot luck on thurs eve, and you ate out of the crock pot, quess what..... you had venison!!

YES, she did, and a good helping of it too!!! :o:o:D:D:D

before.... she knew I wazza bringing it, and ate 4 or 5 pieces...

Archived