SASS Wire Forum

Sonic and Chilis

Ruff

You've obviously not lived or worked in some of the locales that others of us have!! <_<

I don't know Blackwater, I use to drive a delivery truck in South Central, Compton and east LA and have been shot twice, I still think OC of rifle and shotgun is stupid

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see now.. Walk into a Sonic. "I'd like cheeseburger, a pepsi and a few drops of MP7 for my zombi killer."

"We have met the enemy, and it is us."

I have no problem with OC, although I probably would stick to CC. And, I have always thought of OC for handguns, not long guns. There may be places where carrying a long gun into a fast food eatery might be a good idea, although I can't think of any off hand. If I feel that I have to have a long ​with me when I go in to order some nachos, maybe I need to think about going to another place to eat. I just can't see how going into a fast food place with a long gun is going to educate people about 2nd. Amendment rights. Besides, where are you going to put the damn thing while you suck on your "Blizzard"?

And while I got ya here... The NRA does need to quit preaching to the choir and start doing a much better job of informing the general public.

Well, the Obama administration got the VA debacle off the front page. <_<

Ya don't think that was his sole purpose, do ya?

After you've been hit with buckshot a couple of times and had some punk try to rob you at gunpoint, a nice, well appointed shotgun seems to be just the ticket.

Would I carry it into Burger King? Doubtful. It doesn't work as well in a tight crowd as my P13-45.

Walking across the parking lot at 5:30 AM with the cash box under my arm? Just the ticket!!

Mounted within reach in my truck in certain parts of town? Also just the ticket.

Traveling in places where they don't allow me to cary? I don't go there. They don't want my type and I'm good with that!!

I posted this pic on another thread, but it's appropriate here also. A few years ago, a friend of mine was on a business trip to Israel. He's not really pro-gun, but by no means anti-gun either. He sent me this pic he took at an Israeli McDonald's with the comment, "No one acted like this was unusual in any way." Check out the young lady in the maroon skirt. So I would say, yes, the public can get used to the sight of openly carried firearms. In Israel, it's taken as a positive sign, in that the public understands that that openly carried firearm is their defense against terrorists, when that firearm is carried by a good guy.

Israelmac_zps5e7848ac.jpg

Laz

I posted this pic on another thread, but it's appropriate here also. A few years ago, a friend of mine was on a business trip to Israel. He's not really pro-gun, but by no means anti-gun either. He sent me this pic he took at an Israeli McDonald's with the comment, "No one acted like this was unusual in any way." Check out the young lady in the maroon skirt. So I would say, yes, the public can get used to the sight of openly carried firearms. In Israel, it's taken as a positive sign, in that the public understands that that openly carried firearm is their defense against terrorists, when that firearm is carried by a good guy.

Israelmac_zps5e7848ac.jpg

Laz

Exactly my point. The more people see gun owners peaceably going about their business, the more they will come to realize that the picture the press and politicians paint of us is 180o off from reality.

I just don't understand some of you guys. You would much rather have a show of force and strut around with rifles and shotgun slung over your shoulder shoving the 2nd Amendment and Open carry down peoples throats and telling them they have to accept it, then doing it strategically. Some of you are no different then the gay and lesbian crowd that has been shoving gay marriage down our throats and telling us we have to accept it, Yep, That's the way we need to do it to win over the fence sitters, let show them we can force them into accepting guns, ya that will work every time won't it. Even my youngest sons Girlfriend who by the way is not anti-gun and is always asking us to take her shooting. She has told me that if she sees someone carrying a rifle or shotgun in a restaurant it would make her very uncomfortable and that she would more then likely call the cops.

Do you think these liberals got this far by having a show of force, Hell no they didn't they did it a very little at a time till it was to late for us to do a damn thing about it, except mount a defensive. We have lost so much ground that it is an uphill battle and all we need to do is piss off the people that we need to help us by scaring the shit out of them with a bunch of guys walking around with rifles and shotguns.

The Pro-gun side is still so splintered that we are still fighting among ourselves instead of fighting the enemy. Mean while the anti-gunners have for the pass forty plus years have maneuvered their people in key positions to do us even greater damage and we still fight among ourselves.

How about we start challenging every single gun laws or restriction on the book or signed into law no mater how insignificant it is. Or how about everybody start open carrying in a less then conspicuous way till the next thing you know nobody would even care if you are carrying

Frontal attacks are not always the smartest. As far as me, I could care less what you want to carry for open carry , If you want to carry a shotgun go or it I still thing it is a stupid gun to carry OC

I think that is all I have to say, but I might change my mind later

"Do you think these liberals got this far by having a show of force, Hell no they didn't! They did it a very little at a time till it was too late for us to do a damn thing about it, except mount a defensive. We have lost so much ground that it is an uphill battle and all we need to do is piss off the people that we need to help us by scaring the shit out of them with a bunch of guys walking around with rifles and shotguns."

"How about we start challenging every single gun law or restriction on the book or signed into law no mater how insignificant it is. Or how about everybody start open carrying in a less then conspicuous way till the next thing you know, nobody would even care if you are carrying"

Shoer,

​I'm just wondering how you would open carry, "...a little at a time..." or, "...a little less conspicuously..." ? Don't get me wrong! I understand what you're driving at and I respect your point of view, but those two parameters are a lot like being "...a little bit pregnant..." !!!

As to the frontal attack thing, I'm not that fond of it either, BUT IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING RATHER WELL FOR THE GLTs AND THE GAY MARRIAGE FOLKS !!!

Remember too that these have been organized protests, conducted much the same way as the "Gay rights" and "Gay Marriage" protests began.

Maybe another D day type of attack is what's needed here. I really don't know. All I can tell you is that no one has attempted to rob me since I began open carry. :unsure:

I'm guessing that you have never seen a 'GAY PARADE'? If you can call that a 'little at a time' then I'd like to know what your idea of IN YOUR FACE looks like.

"Do you think these liberals got this far by having a show of force, Hell no they didn't! They did it a very little at a time till it was too late for us to do a damn thing about it, except mount a defensive. We have lost so much ground that it is an uphill battle and all we need to do is piss off the people that we need to help us by scaring the shit out of them with a bunch of guys walking around with rifles and shotguns."

"How about we start challenging every single gun law or restriction on the book or signed into law no mater how insignificant it is. Or how about everybody start open carrying in a less then conspicuous way till the next thing you know, nobody would even care if you are carrying"

Shoer,

​I'm just wondering how you would open carry, "...a little at a time..." or, "...a little less conspicuously..." ? Don't get me wrong! I understand what you're driving at and I respect your point of view, but those two parameters are a lot like being "...a little bit pregnant..." !!! That is the most lamest phrase in the world, how about quit carrying rifles and shotgun and carry handguns. Oh wait handgun just might be a little less conspicuous then rifles and shotguns. ya think just a little

As to the frontal attack thing, I'm not that fond of it either, BUT IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING RATHER WELL FOR THE GLTs AND THE GAY MARRIAGE FOLKS !!!

Remember too that these have been organized protests, conducted much the same way as the "Gay rights" and "Gay Marriage" protests began.

Maybe another D day type of attack is what's needed here. <-- not sure what you mean by this one I really don't know. All I can tell you is that no one has attempted to rob me since I began open carry. :unsure:so then you have to be carrying a rifle and or shotgun with you every where you go? no handgun right? Oh, just so you know I haven't been rob since I quit driving trucks, thank god for that right

I'm guessing that you have never seen a 'GAY PARADE'? If you can call that a 'little at a time' then I'd like to know what your idea of IN YOUR FACE looks like. I live about 60 miles north of San Francisco and have seen the gay movement grow a little at a time till it got to the point it is now. It DID NOT start to gain steam till they started getting people on their side. the gay movement has been going on since the early 70's maybe even the 60's and they have slowly got their people of people who support them in office. Now they are in our face because THEY have the support they need to keep their movement going and get in our face. We as gun owner do not have that kind of support

The gay movement has been gaining support for the last forty + years and it is now politically correct to support gay marriage and movement. While on the other hand gun owners have lost a lot more ground and as you know is not as accepted as it once was. Like I have said I personal do not care what you carry, But I still think it is stupid to carry a rifle and or shotgun.

And if you have not figure it out yet Starbucks, Sonics and Chilies doesn't care about whether you carry or not, they jut do not want to get stuck in the middle of this debate

So in closing if both of you want to carry a rifle and or shotgun with you for open carry PLEASE do so with my blessing. But if you take up this challenge you HAVE to carry the gun with you EVERY place you go and be accountable for it whereabouts at all times

This is just a friendly debate right guys :)

Not as accepted? Carry in 50 states is more accepted than ever. The very fact that gun owners are finally coming out of the closet would point to the fact that gun owners are more aware of their rights and more empowered than ever.

Except for those still wringing their hands worrying about what those who would deny their rights might think.

Bottom line- wise up- nothing happens until someone refuses to sit in the back of the bus.

Weird, I can't find this post that The Shoer quoted, but the post with that time stamp doesn't show it as edited, either, but:

Brother King, SASS #69031, on 06 Jun 2014 - 3:22 PM, said:snapback.png

I'm guessing that you have never seen a 'GAY PARADE'? If you can call that a 'little at a time' then I'd like to know what your idea of IN YOUR FACE looks like. I live about 60 miles north of San Francisco and have seen the gay movement grow a little at a time till it got to the point it is now. It DID NOT start to gain steam till they started getting people on their side. the gay movement has been going on since the early 70's maybe even the 60's and they have slowly got their people of people who support them in office. Now they are in our face because THEY have the support they need to keep their movement going and get in our face. We as gun owner do not have that kind of support

Brother King, I do believe that The Shoer lives in Sonoma County, CA, as do I. If you are 60 miles north of SF (or, rush hour on 101 that would be about 3 hours), I'm guessing around Healdsburg or Cloverdale. But we know whereof you speak.

The gay movement has been gaining support for the last forty + years and it is now politically correct to support gay marriage and movement. While on the other hand gun owners have lost a lot more ground and as you know is not as accepted as it once was. Like I have said I personal do not care what you carry, But I still think it is stupid to carry a rifle and or shotgun.

And if you have not figure it out yet Starbucks, Sonics and Chilies doesn't care about whether you carry or not, they jut do not want to get stuck in the middle of this debate

So in closing if both of you want to carry a rifle and or shotgun with you for open carry PLEASE do so with my blessing. But if you take up this challenge you HAVE to carry the gun with you EVERY place you go and be accountable for it whereabouts at all times

You make our point for us. At first the In-your-face, We're Queer and We're Here, tactics didn't work worth spit. But slowly it changed.

If we as gun owners don't start taking back the rights we lost only about 50 years ago, we will never take them back at all.

Weird, I can't find this post that The Shoer quoted, but the post with that time stamp doesn't show it as edited, either, but:

Brother King, SASS #69031, on 06 Jun 2014 - 3:22 PM, said:snapback.png

Brother King, I do believe that The Shoer lives in Sonoma County, CA, as do I. If you are 60 miles north of SF (or, rush hour on 101 that would be about 3 hours), I'm guessing around Healdsburg or Cloverdale. But we know whereof you speak. Rohnert Park about a mile from where you work

You make our point for us. At first the In-your-face, We're Queer and We're Here, tactics didn't work worth spit. But slowly it changed.

If we as gun owners don't start taking back the rights we lost only about 50 years ago, we will never take them back at all.

All of you guys are misinterpreting what I am saying. I have nothing against open carry or concealed carry. But there is nothing you are going to say or do to convince me that a rifle or shotgun is appropriate for open carry, The open carry crowd here in California through organized protest got open carry outlawed here in California, you know that Joe. Don't say but they opened up that 9th circus court case Joe because all the open carry crowd did was take us 3 steps back so we can go 1 step forward, so it can go through the court system longer and oh wait we still will not have open carry here in California

BrotherKing are you serious, wise up, seriously, Open Carry crowd spoke up load and clear here in California with their rifles and shotguns and now it is Illegal to open Carry anything in the state of California

Joe, I have been saying for at least 15 years, To chalange every single gun law on the books and everybody kept tell me I was full of shit, we can't do that

I carry a shotgun to and from my place of business, or did 'til I retired, and if I cary large amounts of money or valuable goods now, I still do.

As I said in a previous post, I carry my 13-45 concealed when convenient, and open when it suits my needs. I believe in using the proper tool, properly. To admonish me and tell me what I must carry if I chose to carry openly is ludicrous!

That you decided to no longer drive a truck was a choice! I hope it wasn't made for you, especially if you were denied the right in any way to defend yourself!!

Finally! Schoolmarm is a marvel with her '97. With the revolvers, not so much. Her tool of choice for personal defense is that '97! I would NOT recommend that you or anyone get in her face and tell her she can't have it!! :ph34r::lol::lol:

As far as California goes, there are exceptions to every rule! Sadly, California is an aberration and the folks who are in power hold that state and it's citizens hostage unconstitutionally, because those who elect them either fear or accept their onerous, dogmatic control! The gay revolution started mostly in California, and at first it shared the same results as open carry has there recently. The Gays didn't quit! I hope you ain't saying they're tougher than you!! :o;)

As I said in the aforementioned previous post, I don't go where I'm not welcome and I don't feel welcome in California. Do you? :unsure:

I just don't see that they took us 3 steps back. We get negative press anyway. But if enough people politely carry (and refrain from posting pictures of themselves with guns at the ready), it will seep into the public consciousness that the guys who do that, even though they are in-your-face idjits, are not in any way a danger.

Oh...I know you live in RP, my guess was at where Brother King lives since he said he is 60 miles north of the Golden Gate.

I have no idea how my original 2 sentence post turned into me living in CA? I live in the far west of the US...SOUTH DAKOTA. Today at lunch 1/2 the place had spurs on....for work.

That said, 100 yrs ago in a different life I was invited to go hear Harvey Milk speak in SF by 2 gay guys who worked in my office. 1979? Anyway, I really didn't know they were gay until 1 said, "that kind of talk is going to put us gays in the closet forever. People won't accept us being IN YOUR FACE."

I'm sure the same was heard among American black establishment in the South.

Learn it....

sorry guys that was my fault I forgot to high light it the part I wrote

I have no idea how my original 2 sentence post turned into me living in CA? I live in the far west of the US...SOUTH DAKOTA. Today at lunch 1/2 the place had spurs on....for work.

That said, 100 yrs ago in a different life I was invited to go hear Harvey Milk speak in SF by 2 gay guys who worked in my office. 1979? Anyway, I really didn't know they were gay until 1 said, "that kind of talk is going to put us gays in the closet forever. People won't accept us being IN YOUR FACE."

I'm sure the same was heard among American black establishment in the South.

Learn it....

Yup.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

all the open carry crowd did was take us 3 steps back so we can go 1 step forward,

I'm curious why you consider it 3 steps back. The only change anyone has mentioned was repealing open carry of long guns, a right that people were apparently afraid to exercise anyway. I'd call that a half step back at most. What else am I missing?

I also feel like the court decision is going to be way more than 1 step forward, but that's still in progress, so we can talk about it another time.

One more question about recent changes in the open carry laws in California. Wasn't open carry restricted to only unloaded firearms? If that's the case, I'd just as soon carry a baseball bat or maybe sickle!! :lol:

How about and axe? :o Anything with some reach to it. :rolleyes: An empty gun is little more than club or a rock!! <_<

people who carry like that are not to smart. I wonder if they work for the other side; the gun control people. Just to get some press???

We THOUGHT we had legal open(unloaded)carry of longguns (pistols were out of the question!), but within a year of a few people using that right it was taken away. So it really wasn't a usable right anyway. At least this way we proved that our lawmakers didn't even trust us with carrying UNLOADED guns. Step forward, step back, who knows, but it certainly did prove a point. They don't want us to have ANY gun rights, and we need to get our rights BACK! Most people don't like ANY group getting in their face, but sometimes it is the only way. I don't attend gay parades, I don't like voting pamphlets and DMV tests being in anything but English, and I always thought the existence of the Black Police Officers Association in Oakland was extremely racist. But it just goes to show you need to stand up for your own rights, nobody is going to just give them to you.

I'm curious why you consider it 3 steps back. The only change anyone has mentioned was repealing open carry of long guns, a right that people were apparently afraid to exercise anyway. I'd call that a half step back at most. What else am I missing?

I also feel like the court decision is going to be way more than 1 step forward, but that's still in progress, so we can talk about it another time.

Subdeacon Joe, this was an ernest question. I hope you're not skipping it thinking I was just trying to troll you.

Subdeacon Joe, this was an ernest question. I hope you're not skipping it thinking I was just trying to troll you.

OH! I think it is a huge step forward. The Shoer thinks it works against us. If it wasn't for the defacto total ban on carry in much of the state, which the recent ban on unloaded open carry ushered in, the 9th would likely have ruled that the "will grudgingly issue if you have supported the right candidates or know the right people" interpretation of the law in most of coastal and urban CA is fine.

But by banning open carry, making it impossible for a huge portion of our population to exercise their civil rights, the capons in Sacramento shot themselves in the foot and left the 9th no real choice in light of Heller and McDonald.

This doesn't bother me at all since I don't walk around with open carry or sling a rifle on my shoulder. These OC guys are ruining it for the majority of us who are concealed carry folks. All these establishments are not posting NO GUNS they're simply ASKING you to not bring guns in to their restaurants. Do you blame 'em?? Someone with a rifle slung around his shoulder scares the heck out of people!!! If there isn't a NO GUNS sign I carry concealed, if there's a NO GUN sign I don't go in and usually tell the mgr. why.

--Rye

+1

I was in and out of my truck seventeen times today. It was HOT outside!!! I did take my gun and put it under the seat and locked my doors when I went into the post office. The rest of the time I simply stepped out of the truck and did what I needed to do, pump gas, go into a place of business to conduct my business, go into a restaurant to get some lunch, visit three parts houses, pump gas again, visit the ATM, unload some product at another place of business, check with two bar owners about booking my band, and I'm sure I've forgotten something or other.

Not once did anyone comment, object, or even look at me sideways all day! Not once, besides the post office, did I not have my sidearm on me and in full view to the public, and in two separate states!! Now those people that saw me have experienced seeing me armed openly and are probably a little less uneasy about the next person they see armed, openly or not!!

I was in and out of my truck seventeen times today. It was HOT outside!!! I did take my gun and put it under the seat and locked my doors when I went into the post office. The rest of the time I simply stepped out of the truck and did what I needed to do, pump gas, go into a place of business to conduct my business, go into a restaurant to get some lunch, visit three parts houses, pump gas again, visit the ATM, unload some product at another place of business, check with two bar owners about booking my band, and I'm sure I've forgotten something or other.

Not once did anyone comment, object, or even look at me sideways all day! Not once, besides the post office, did I not have my sidearm on me and in full view to the public, and in two separate states!! Now those people that saw me have experienced seeing me armed openly and are probably a little less uneasy about the next person they see armed, openly or not!!

+2

GG

Archived