SASS Wire Forum

Sonic and Chilis

Ruff

It hasn't reversed itself, but did put a stay on it pending an en banc hearing. Unless I missed something in the past month, anyway. In either case, Peruta will likely end up in SCOTUS. Still not a bad thing.

Are these not the papers she filled illegal ?? my apologize I was told they overturned themselves which with the 9th circus never doughted

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the other hand, if not for that open carry ban, the 9th circuit would not have struck down the San Diego interpretation, and by extension, the entire CA "might issue" law. Since the "might issue" law coupled with the ban on open carry amounted to an effective total ban on the right to bear arms in much of the state, and for a huge percentage of the population, the 9th found it the state violated our civil rights. So, as I said, in the long run, they help.

+1...again, there's a way to do these things respectfully and responsibly. In the middle of a city that has violence associated with it like Santa Ana or Los Angeles I can see the paranoia.

But really, to say an open statement like 'open carry hurts' is incorrect. There is a correct way of carrying out your rights and a not-so-correct way of carrying out your rights. For me I will OC at planned events that are well organized by a reputable pro-2nd Amendment group...others can make their own choice, just hope it is done with respect.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Are these not the papers she filled illegal ?? my apologize I was told they overturned themselves which with the 9th circus never doughted

"Technically, Attorney General Harris has filed a motion to intervene and not a petition for rehearing due to the procedural quirks of this case (the defendant stop defending his case). Whether the 9th CCA construes her motion to intervene as a motion for rehearing as well remains to be seen. It is likely that, having granted the motion to intervene, the 9th CCA will ask for a petition for rehearing. If the latter is the case then the clock starts ticking on the petition for an en banc hearing, a clock which can take several months before the en banc petition is granted. If the petition is denied, AG Harris can (and most likely will) file a cert petition with SCOTUS. Given that the petition is filed by an Attorney General, the odds of the cert petition being granted substantially increases." .

http://blog.californiarighttocarry.org/?page_id=1575

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/general/2014/05/14/10-56971%20Response%20to%20Order.pdf

For those of you who think that the open carry crowd is not hurting the situation. Open Carry was legalhere in California untill the OC crowd, push OC to the point that the state outlawed open carry

Not from california, so set me straight if I need it. But didn't those laws change because of the black panthers in 60's / 70's? Don't think what they did can be called open carry activism.

This doesn't bother me at all since I don't walk around with open carry or sling a rifle on my shoulder. These OC guys are ruining it for the majority of us who are concealed carry folks. All these establishments are not posting NO GUNS they're simply ASKING you to not bring guns in to their restaurants. Do you blame 'em?? Someone with a rifle slung around his shoulder scares the heck out of people!!! If there isn't a NO GUNS sign I carry concealed, if there's a NO GUN sign I don't go in and usually tell the mgr. why.

--Rye

+1

I am for open carry. BUT.

There is a way to go about it. And a way not to.

Sadly we have some down here that is going about it in the wrong way, and

yes they are hurting more than helping.

http://www.mrt.com/top_stories/article_ae10dc82-eab7-11e3-9845-001a4bcf887a.html

"Grisham (of Texas Open Carry) issued a request last week that members now notify and receive permission from businesses before entering strapped with long guns, carry the rifles and shotguns on slings rather than holding them and not to post pictures of displays in businesses."

Fair' nuff

The ones for it. Will be for it.

The ones against it. Will be against it.

You have to turn those on the fence. To vote for.

By doing what they are doing. They are taking those

on the fence that might be turned for it.

And turning them against with there actions.

That is never smart.

Not from california, so set me straight if I need it. But didn't those laws change because of the black panthers in 60's / 70's? Don't think what they did can be called open carry activism.

It changed within the last couple of years and became illegal. The Black Panthers had nothing to do with the new law that was passed by the legislature.

It changed within the last couple of years and became illegal. The Black Panthers had nothing to do with the new law that was passed by the legislature.

No, the Mulford Act, which prohibited the open carry of loaded firearms in California, was passed in 1967 as a direct result of the Black Panthers exercising their civil rights. The recent legislation banned the open carry of unloaded handguns.

That is never smart.

And a picture is worth at least a thousand words.

That is never smart.

Yeah... But at the same time they exposing and showing compliance along with a good attitude - and being safe. We need to work together with helping to share common values and the compromise needs too happen with us as a whole. This infighting and pointing fingers ( yes, some actually do need that to happen)... THAT is what will hurt the cause.

I'm done.... Said what I had to on this matter.

No, the Mulford Act, which prohibited the open carry of loaded firearms in California, was passed in 1967 as a direct result of the Black Panthers exercising their civil rights. The recent legislation banned the open carry of unloaded handguns.

So we agree?

So we agree?

Sounds like we were all right maybe? I certainly thought you were talking about a long gun law since that's what was in all the pictures. Also, I'm surprised carrying handguns openly was legal in cali till recently. So what exactly did open carry activists do to cause that to be banned?

Sounds like we were all right maybe? I certainly thought you were talking about a long gun law since that's what was in all the pictures. Also, I'm surprised carrying handguns openly was legal in cali till recently. So what exactly did open carry activists do to cause that to be banned?

They carried openly and it came to the attention of the capons in Sacramento.

They carried openly and it came to the attention of the capons in Sacramento.

I have heard comments from the Dems that they do not want guns in California

capons?

So anyway, sounds like you're saying they dared to exercise a right and it was taken away by people who had only left it alone up to that point because they didn't know it existed.

Yeah, I dunno, I think they done right. What good is a right you're afraid to exercise?

I have heard comments from the Dems that they do not want guns in California

Reminds me, I was looking at holsters and saw one called a 'California Rig'. I expected it to either be a belt with no holsters, or holsters that were filled in and unusable.

capons? So anyway, sounds like you're saying they dared to exercise a right and it was taken away by people who had only left it alone up to that point because they didn't know it existed. Yeah, I dunno, I think they done right. What good is a right you're afraid to exercise?

Yeah, "capons." Been using that for the ...... people in the various Hallowed Halls for about 10 years. Seems to be fitting for them.

And, yes, that is exactly what happened.

NRA makes it perfectly clear that they support all legal means of carry. TSRA interview with Chris Cox-Director- NRA-ILA.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/NRA-ILA-Chris-Cox-Says--Poor-Word-Choice--and-more.html?soid=1102359439632&aid=S2g8lLyDzqo

Imagine if Rosa Parks had just followed her friends and not stirred up any trouble by just staying in the back of the bus. Or had Harvey Milk kept his gay mouth shut.

It's time for gun owners; 2nd A aupporters to appreciate the lawful expression of legal protest even when it scares you. Sitting quietly in the corner sipping your coffee won't get it done.

NRA makes it perfectly clear that they support all legal means of carry. TSRA interview with Chris Cox-Director- NRA-ILA.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/NRA-ILA-Chris-Cox-Says--Poor-Word-Choice--and-more.html?soid=1102359439632&aid=S2g8lLyDzqo

Imagine if Rosa Parks had just followed her friends and not stirred up any trouble by just staying in the back of the bus. Or had Harvey Milk kept his gay mouth shut.

It's time for gun owners; 2nd A aupporters to appreciate the lawful expression of legal protest even when it scares you. Sitting quietly in the corner sipping your coffee won't get it done.

Amen this statement!

At a 2nd Amendment rally, Inthink open carry is perfectly appropriate as it is in many cases.

While carrying an AR into a restaurant or coffee shop is legal in some jurisdictions, I see it as a tactical error in the fight against gun control.

We need to educate non-gun owners and there are certainly better ways. This is where the NRA is falling short. They could and should be doing a lot more to let the public know about the ineffectiveness of gun control laws, the inability or unwillingness of the government to enforce the laws on the books already, and the right of every American to bear arms. They preach to the choir in the American Rifleman every month and at the convention but they need to reach out to the general public more. I loved the old "I'm the NRA commercials". They never should have stopped making those.

Thanks NRA for getting it right ;)

Never heard that term before, had to google it. You referring to castrated roosters, or something else?

OH! he's definitely referring to his politicians as castrated roosters!!

And YEAH!! The NRA got it right the second time! Also, it should be noted that the OCers in Texas were part of an organized protest!!

Thanks for supporting our 2nd Amendment rights across the board. You sir are a good American!

GG

So what are you saying Gunner, that the ones who think OC is doing more harm then good are not supporting the 2nd and/or are bad Americans ???

The OC crowd got OC outlawed here in California because they pushed to hard. I could care less if you OC or not, or what you OC but if you push to hard it might have the wrong effect you want , it sure did here in California.

As I told a lesbian friend of mine when she ask me why so many people were against gay marriage. I told her it was not so much that people are against gay marriage, it is more of when you shove it down our throats and tell us we have to like it is the problem. and that is what some of those OC people are doing

My personal opinion is even if OC was accepted by everyone I still think carrying a rifle or shotgun is stupid

So what are you saying Gunner, that the ones who think OC is doing more harm then good are not supporting the 2nd and/or are bad Americans ???

The OC crowd got OC outlawed here in California because they pushed to hard. I could care less if you OC or not, or what you OC but if you push to hard it might have the wrong effect you want , it sure did here in California.

As I told a lesbian friend of mine when she ask me why so many people were against gay marriage. I told her it was not so much that people are against gay marriage, it is more of when you shove it down our throats and tell us we have to like it is the problem. and that is what some of those OC people are doing

My personal opinion is even if OC was accepted by everyone I still think carrying a rifle or shotgun is stupid

My response wasn't to you. Don't need to qualify it. Enjoy your day ;)

You've obviously not lived or worked in some of the locales that others of us have!! <_<

Archived