SASS Wire Forum

We Lost a good man today

Dirt Merchant  # 61422

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn. My condolences to his family. :(

Strong Christian Man, great sense of humor, one of those Pards we all looked forward to shooting with!

Will miss him in my trips to Georgia.

AR

Wow....just wow....I had not heard of his passing....this is such a loss. Prayers up for his family.

Sorry to hear of his passing & I know his family is missing him terribly, but he is now much better off than all of us because he is in the presence of the Lord for all eternity.

Strong Christian Man, great sense of humor, one of those Pards we all looked forward to shooting with!

Will miss him in my trips to Georgia.

AR

"Strong Christian Man"...

That is the greatest feeling your friends can have when you pass away.

May his family, loved ones and friends find comfort in those words.

My deepest Condolences to Mean Matt's family.

..........Widder

He was one of the nicest cowboy that I ever PMed with.Prayers up for his family and friends for comfort. We will sure miss him.

Some people you just connect with, you relate to. That was how I felt with Matt. I'll miss him leading prayer, showing up when most of us would've stayed home, having the most positive spirit any of us would hope for in Matt's situation.

A sad day for Ga. shooters, but an end to pain for a man who never showed it. Our sport is not the same.

Widder got it right.....I will always remember his faith...but most importantly...How he let that light show in his life....He was the "Spirit of the Game".... the whole sport is less for his passing and I feel the loss of a good man. What a wonderful celebration the Angels of Heaven will have when he shows up.... WE have all lost a great example of how to live it out.

"Strong Christian Man"...

That is the greatest feeling your friends can have when you pass away.

May his family, loved ones and friends find comfort in those words.

My deepest Condolences to Mean Matt's family.

..........Widder

We always looked to Matt to lead us in prayer before each shoot. He was a strong Christian man in every sense of the word - thank you for putting an underscore on that description Widder. We'll miss him greatly at River Bend. It is so comforting to hear from shooters who do not often visit with us. You let me know that other cowboys understand how painful it is to lose one of our own. Thank you for your kindness to his family and his friends. Witch Doctor

I don't know what to say. Prayers of comfort for his family and friends.

I talked with him a couple of times on the phone, never met him in person. Seemed like a guy I would have like to know and shoot with. Best wishes for his family left behind.

Matt wrote the stages for the Looney Tunes version of Shootout at Mule Camp ( a thankless job) I told him so and he smiled.That is what I will always remember about him. Probably one the best nature humans I have ever met.He loved his family with passion. Truly a splendid man. I wish him peace and his family great love. From Kat, Molly and Talon Macleod

I'm in for prayers for his family and friends, for their grieving through this recent loss.

CBO

LORD GOD, heaven is a better place today, if that is possible, but earth is indeed poorer...may the Comforter wrap his loving arms around his wife and family, my heart is indeed heavy for his family and all of his friends....

No man is ever lost from this world until his memory no longer lives within us.

Keep his memory alive and the spirit lives.

Perhaps there should be a special day each year where we sit and remember the ones that we can no longer touch in the flesh, but they can touch us and bring a smile to our faces.

May we all live within someone else forever.

Had the pleasure of being on a posse with Matt at River Bend's May shoot. We all could tell he was tired but he soldiered through all six stages and won his category I believe. He was always the first with a quick line, a pat on the back for a good string, or quality advise on how to shave off a few seconds. In short he exemplified "The Cowboy Way" in my mind. I will miss him. Prayers to his family.

My deepest condolences and respect's to all of Matt's family.

While I never met him in person I looked forward to his posts here.

The world is a lesser place without him, but Heaven's angels are rejoicing at his presence among them.

Respectfully

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

sad news , its always distressing to hear of one of our fellow shooters passing , its really nice to read of all of you that knew him and respected him , he will live on in the memories of those that shared his life , and he is missed by those of us care about our fellow shooters

Some people you just connect with, you relate to.

There is not a whole lot I can add to this other than than he was giant among us in so many ways, though to look at him you would never know it. I will always remember a certain distinct richness in his voice, his genuine concern for others and an infectiously gracious, generous and humble attitude.

Matt was an amazing man indeed. He fought the good fight with grace and style. He was another individual that helped me get through my fight with breast cancer. He always smiled and had a kind word, no matter what was going on in his life.

Matt was devoted to his children and his bride Catherine. Devoted to his family and his Lord. I had a bad feeling last Sunday when he didn't come for Cowboy Church. Now I know why.

Matt was the founder of the Prayer Posse. Right now, we need to posse up for Matt and his family. Please keep them all in your prayers.

May the Lord bless you and keep you Matthew. Amen.

Pitty

Matt and I started in this game about the same time. We’ve been like brothers on the range and have laughed and cried together. At Riverbend, we always shot on “The Geriatric Posse”. Or “Those who only wanted to climb the hill once” There will be a serious “hole” in our posse.

I’ll really miss you Matt.

Archived