SASS Wire Forum

Tex's opinion or rule change?

Straight Arrow Hombre

Hi Ace,

I disagree that the comments in red should be removed. As "failure to open a long gun’s action at the conclusion of a shooting string" will definitely result in spent ammo and possibly live ammo in the gun. Long guns must be opened for spent ammo to eject. :o I thought you knew this. :unsure:;)

Regards,

Allie

If you will look at the paragraph, it states that failure you open a long gun at the end a shooting string will result is a 10 second minor safety penalty. This is now incorrect. There is not penalty anymore for failure to open a long gun at the end of a shooting string, only penalties for spent or unspent rounds in the long gun.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The additional rewrites/corrections/clarifications have been submitted for publication.

Final review is currently under way among the ROC & WB.

There is no plan to open up the verbiage for discussion here on the Wire.

but, but, but!!!!!

Some broken harts never mend,

Some memories never end,

Some horses never die,

but it's time to tell this one good-by.

Tex has a right to his opinion and deserves respect for all that he has done for our game. However respect is a two way street; Tex repeatedly displays his lack of respect for the ROC, TG's, and SASS shooters in general. He needs to know when he has been over ruled, and gracefully concede. These types of posts would then disappear.

I would posse any day with Grizzly Dave, and fully understand what he is saying about not being on a posse with Tex. There is no disrespect intended on Dave's behalf, he is just honoring Tex's wish not to shoot with someone in jeans, because that decreases his (Tex's) pleasure. For myself I have said the same thing many times, if my jeans, shooting style, gun cart, etc. bother someone, let me know and I will make every effort to stay away from you. We all play this game for reasons of our own and should have those reasons respected.

Tex has a right to his opinion and deserves respect for all that he has done for our game. However respect is a two way street; Tex repeatedly displays his lack of respect for the ROC, TG's, and SASS shooters in general. He needs to know when he has been over ruled, and gracefully concede. These types of posts would then disappear.

I would posse any day with Grizzly Dave, and fully understand what he is saying about not being on a posse with Tex. There is no disrespect intended on Dave's behalf, he is just honoring Tex's wish not to shoot with someone in jeans, because that decreases his (Tex's) pleasure. For myself I have said the same thing many times, if my jeans, shooting style, gun cart, etc. bother someone, let me know and I will make every effort to stay away from you. We all play this game for reasons of our own and should have those reasons respected.

In your humble opinion, of course. :)

He is trying to explain the difference many may see in sass these days

When I signed up at SASS#8595

John Wayne type code of honor was understood

(Pocket sized rule book) cowboy honor ment

" if the rules don't say that you CAN, then don,t try it"

Now days

"If the rule book don,t say u can,t -- then what the he77, do it"

That is what he was explaining (???)

Huge difference in how you apply the rules

He is trying to explain the difference many may see in sass these days

When I signed up at SASS#8595

John Wayne type code of honor was understood

(Pocket sized rule book) cowboy honor ment

" if the rules don't say that you CAN, then don,t try it"

Now days

"If the rule book don,t say u can,t -- then what the he77, do it"

That is what he was explaining (???)

Huge difference in how you apply the rules

Oh, so it is an honor thing? :wacko:

Please see my post above. The rule, as passed by the TG's and clarified by the ROC is the rule. There is nothing to settle at EOT- the final statement has been stated. We have TGs and an RO Committee to serve as intended. Tex's editorial doesn't change that- the Wild Bunch hasn't "decreed" anything.

Nothin to see, folks.

Well it looks like Misty may have been wrong in this post and her earlier post. The final word was not as presented in her very good long post on this thread. The Handbooks she referenced and wording about closed long guns were not the ones to be used for EOT. We now have June revised handbooks for EOT. One wonders what is going on at the management levels of SASS. It appears the Cowboy Chronicle editorial page is where new rules are posted.

Archived