SASS Wire Forum

Don't want them hammers no more.

Paden

I want to trade in the hammers for the hammerless. What mfg's do you recommend?

Thanks,

Paden

SKB/Ithaca

Fillmore

"DITTO"

L.C Smith. I have 5 of them, long and short.

How does vintage iron stack up? Fox, Savage, Stevens, Ithaca, Winchester, Remington, etc?

I watch for old doubles at gun shows. I'd love to find an old 10 gauge in shootable condition and affordable price.

How does vintage iron stack up? Fox, Savage, Stevens, Ithaca, Winchester, Remington, etc?

I watch for old doubles at gun shows. I'd love to find an old 10 gauge in shootable condition and affordable price.

I can't speak for the others, but the Winchester 24 was built like a tank and there are still quite a few around.

Howdy

If yo are looking for a good Hammerless look at CZ Ringneck a great shotguns and tunes up nicely.. New it runs about $1500.

Redstone Rider

The SKB 100 has a butt stock that feels like a schoolgirls wrist, small and dainty. My small hands can really control the shotgun when shouldering and shucking. I also like the slim splinter forearm. The Browning is a mite bigger in those areas.

Fillmore

I thought this was gonna be about nail guns.

BLB....I'll trade ya a nail gun for your SKB :lol: :lol:

On the lower price end of the scale of SxS's

Stoeger Uplander..

They need ta be slicked up..

Rance ;)

Thinkin' I've been shootin' them fer about 12 years..

no problems :)

But ya probably won't get good feedback on the wire about 'em.. :blush:

On a related note, if I'm looking for a new side by side and my memory isn't good enough to remember every brand and model that's been mentioned, how do I know if a random SxS i find at a gun show is SASS legal? I can figure out whether the barrel and overall length is acceptable, because I'd need a tax stamp if it wasn't. But it's the automatic extractors that I'm afraid of tripping me up. As far as I know, I've never seen an automatic extractor. So how would I know if I ever accidentally wrapped my hands around one?

On a related note, if I'm looking for a new side by side and my memory isn't good enough to remember every brand and model that's been mentioned, how do I know if a random SxS i find at a gun show is SASS legal? I can figure out whether the barrel and overall length is acceptable, because I'd need a tax stamp if it wasn't. But it's the automatic extractors that I'm afraid of tripping me up. As far as I know, I've never seen an automatic extractor. So how would I know if I ever accidentally wrapped my hands around one?

1. Open action to ensure shotgun is empty.

2. Close action, disengage safety

3. Pull triggers

4. Open action. If the extractors pop out, it's automagic. If they just slide out, it's not.

How much money is in your budget? You can get a race ready Bakail from Johnny Meadows for around 500 dollars (new).

Ask around before you buy a new Stoeger. Old ones, great. New ones, not so much.

Just two cents worth,

BS

Archived