SASS Wire Forum

Congrats to Calico Mary, Jedi #193

I had the extreme pleasure of welcoming Calico to our ranks this weekend at the Ohio State Championship, The Shootout at Hard Times.

We totally surprised her!! many tears were shed!

Calico exhibited a true Jedi heart spending a month creating a quilt to be autioned off at the cancer fundraiser for the Shootout at Hardtimes!

She & Buick are high classed representatives of the cowboy(girl) way. Just fine people all around. Proud to know them.

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Hooray for Calico Mary!!

Welcome to the best group in the world.Have not gotten to meet this young lady but I know her very well.Mrs. Mary,JEDI # 193.

Congrats to Calico! That is not the first quilt that she's slaved over to donate for a fund raiser either, there have been a number of others.

I just hope that after getting back to reality that she'll still stoop to posse with us mere mortals. :D

Grizz

was a pleasure meeting her and buick this weekend....As the high bidder on this wonderful quilt I will keep it in the camper to bring me luck when I am at away shoots.............Thanks mary...

lookin forward to when our paths again cross

WAYTAGO Cali!!

Congratulation Jedi #193 Calico Mary. It was a great pleasure of meeting and shooting with you and Buick Mackane this weekend.

Hope to see both again soon.

I. M. Crossdraw

Thanks Cheyenne for taking the role of induction to Calico Mary. And thanks to everyone who sent me information and partial resume info about Calico Mary.

Before anyone gets any wrong ideas, it wasn't her expertise and generousity in Quilt making that qualified her for JEDI GF.

This lady has been faithfully shooting GF for a few years and its my understanding that she is ROI and ROII qualified.

The mere fact that she readily donates Quilts for various causes is just part of the spirit she brings into SASS/CAS that really helps make our matches more enjoyable. She dedicates time, money and seemingly endless efforts to help ensure matches are fun and enjoyable for everyone around her.

She traveled a LOOOONG way to be a part of this match and this special Cancer fighting fundraiser. This is The Force of JEDI.

Welcome to the ranks of JEDI GF and may the Good Lord keep blessing you with your gift of giving.

SALUTE!

..........Widder

I had a great time shooting with my new friends Calico and my paisano Buick. That quilt was awesome.

Rye ;)

I too was present for the pinning of this newest Jedi! I was a real thrill to see her tears and be a part of this. Fine lady ya are C.M. and I am right proud to say.....welcome to the ranks!

I too want to welcome you and thank you again for the donation for the cancer drive. I was not able to shoot with you, but might get to one day. Cheyenne knows you a lot better than most through his story telling in the Saloon. If he holds you in high regard... that's good enough for me.

Welcome

KK

The way I heard the story is this...

Calico and Buick were sitting around camp one evening before an annual, there may or may not have been adult beverages involved. A cowboy, Red Johnson I think was his name, challenged Calico to shoot gunfighter for the match. She took the challenge. And in the several years since has shot gunfighter much of the time when the weather and her arthritic hands would allow.

Last year I dabbled with shooting gunfighter so that I could shoot it for our annual so that there would be enuff to have the GF category, Calico was right there pushing me, encouraging me, and such the whole time.

Not everyone has what it takes to be a gunfighter, much less a Jedi, it takes courage and guts. The following video shows some of that courage, though she isn't actually shooting gunfighter in this particular video. She is shooting what our club calls Pistolero, 4 pistols, no rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-D7hPwQpB0

Congratulations to Calico and Buick, you two repersented

Colorado. And I hear you guys did all of us Proud. Way to go.

All of us in Colo. know what great people Calico and Buick are.. :)

WOW!! Congrats Mary and Buick. I wish I had the chance to see the quilt while you were here.

Yes Mary and Buick are wonderful, kind people. I hope to get the chance to shoot with them some day.

Just got home about an hour ago, and I think there must be something wrong with my laptop....I just read this and now the screen is all blurry.....

I can't even begin to find the words to say how very honored and humbled I am at this. I never saw it coming, never dared dream that it would ever happen to me, and am still in shock. I sincerely want to thank everyone that was involved with this, it really does mean the world to me.

A special thanks to Cheyenne for presenting me with the pin, and to Doc and KK for being there as well, your hugs and well wishes made it even that much more special. I love you guys!!!

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Calico and Buick are fine representatives of SASS and our Second Amendment.

I'm proud to call them my favorite Colorado Pards.

Mustang

Congratulations Calico Mary

Always knew she had to be Jedi cause whenever she's around good things happen! :)

As far as her generous and kind heart, heck, everyone in Colorado knows that she is one of the best around,

glad to hear that others around the country are getting a glimpse of a truly fine woman.

And Buick is a good one to ride with as well, something about two peas in a pod being the same.

Way to go Mary, I know you earned it

Gateway Kid

blushin' agin..... :blush::blush: :blush: Thanks for the kind words Gateway, and Howlin' Wolf as well. Miss both you guys and hope to see you both soon, and Diamond Blaze as well. It's been far too long.... ;)

blushin' agin..... :blush::blush: :blush: Thanks for the kind words Gateway, and Howlin' Wolf as well. Miss both you guys and hope to see you both soon, and Diamond Blaze as well. It's been far too long.... ;)

Well if my boss can be kept under control and not sign up any tests for Saturday , I am hoping to come over for the 5th Sat match at Pawnee.

If you're there I would love to see ya, if not you're still in my thoughts.

Gateway

Well if my boss can be kept under control and not sign up any tests for Saturday , I am hoping to come over for the 5th Sat match at Pawnee.

If you're there I would love to see ya, if not you're still in my thoughts.

Gateway

Gateway, hope it works, it would be great to see you.

Grizz

Archived