SASS Wire Forum

Buying Guns in Tampa, FL

Curley Fryes

There used to be a place on North Florida Av called Sonny's gun shop- back when I lived in St Petersburg, I'd bought my first '97 Winnie from them

Looks like it's still there. I'll check it out, thanks for the info

There's Cole's Gun Shop in Clearwater. SASS shooter Wyatt works there part time.

The Red Barn Gun Shop in Bradenton. He usually has a good selection and some good deals but doesn't haggle to much, he's firm on his prices.

And another SASS pard, Cuban Crisis owns Buccaneer Pawn in both Bradenton and Sarasota. It's a pawn shop but both stores have a gun shop inside with a huge selection of new and used inside. C.C. will also give you a great deal.

I haven't bought anything in Tampa in years but I have been to both Shooter's World and Shoot Straight. Great selection but WAY overpriced (full retail and on some occasions full retail +) In addition, IMO, they also have lousy service at both of them. They just want to sell, sell, sell especially to the unaware. You just want to look or you show them you know even a little bit about firearms or fair prices and they give you a take it or leave it attitude.

There are a few others in Sarasota like The Bullet Hole, High Noon, and Take Aim but I haven't used them in years either.

Also, If your looking for Class 3 there's Point Blank in Bradenton.

I have a friend who owns S3Customs. He builds 1911's and AR-15's as well as doing any type of gun smithing/machine work. He also does bluing and Cerakote gun finishing/refinishing.

Hope this helps you both,

JEL

There's Cole's Gun Shop in Clearwater. SASS shooter Wyatt works there part time.

The Red Barn Gun Shop in Bradenton. He usually has a good selection and some good deals but doesn't haggle to much, he's firm on his prices.

And another SASS pard, Cuban Crisis owns Buccaneer Pawn in both Bradenton and Sarasota. It's a pawn shop but both stores have a gun shop inside with a huge selection of new and used inside. C.C. will also give you a great deal.

I haven't bought anything in Tampa in years but I have been to both Shooter's World and Shoot Straight. Great selection but WAY overpriced (full retail and on some occasions full retail +) In addition, IMO, they also have lousy service at both of them. They just want to sell, sell, sell especially to the unaware. You just want to look or you show them you know even a little bit about firearms or fair prices and they give you a take it or leave it attitude.

There are a few others in Sarasota like The Bullet Hole, High Noon, and Take Aim but I haven't used them in years either.

Also, If your looking for Class 3 there's Point Blank in Bradenton.

I have a friend who owns S3Customs. He builds 1911's and AR-15's as well as doing any type of gun smithing/machine work. He also does bluing and Cerakote gun finishing/refinishing.

Hope this helps you both,

JEL

Great info John, thanks

Archived