SASS Wire Forum

Bond derringer slicking up

Any body have any experience with having Bond slick up one of their derringers. I bought one last year for a good price and hate shooting it. I know you have to pull down on the trigger and not just straight back, but it takes ALOT of pressure to pull the trigger. Your thoughts.

Bond Arms has a much lighter hammer spring available. I believe they call it their competition spring. I called them to inquire about the spring and they sent one, no charge. It did help quite a bit, but to really get one slick, they have to come apart for polishing and lightning of the trigger spring.

TR

Bond Arms has a much lighter hammer spring available. I believe they call it their competition spring. I called them to inquire about the spring and they sent one, no charge. It did help quite a bit, but to really get one slick, they have to come apart for polishing and lightning of the trigger spring.

TR

Hmmm, I emailed them right after I got it and they said send it in with $100 and they'd slick it up. I'll try calling them.

The newer Bond's have the lighter spring installed in all the Bond's. Bond suggest not to install an aftermarket spring, I called last year when I bought my new SnakeSlayer. If they get to light they are intermittent on the barrel/hammer Xfer-bar change & may also have FTF issues.

Call and talk to them, nice folks to deal with.

I fired about 4 rounds of 410 out of mine and realized I had purchased a pistol I would almost not ever fire again - unless I could get some improvement in thepower needed for the hammer pull and the trigger. I called BOND and expressed my concerns. They provided a prepaid return, lightened both and returned it to me - all at no added cost!! (and the original parts came back too!)

I carry the SnakeSlayer - for protection and sometimes for fun!! THANKS Bond Arms!!

I've had 2 of 'em. guess I didn't learn my lesson the first time! Worthless for competition unless ya pay to slick it up and not good at all for carry. To pay lots of $$$ for derringer competitions once or twice a year it's not worth it. View from my saddle anyway.

--Rye ;)

I have one slicked up by Jimmy Spurs, (won it at a shoot) very nice gun.

Couldn't have been won by a nicer person at that shoot .... Well other than my wife, she's nicer than you. But only by a little bit :-)

Archived