SASS Wire Forum

Josey Wales

Hoss

Flipping channels, just in time to catch the start of TOJW. Hit the DVR button. I think I have a VHS of it, (don't have a VCR anymore!) maybe a DVD. seen it a million times, but still one of my favorites! I tell my wife all the time that I'm gonna "whomp her with a knotted plow line" iffin she don't behave.

Bad thing is I don't have a dog to spit on anymore ;)

I brought TOJW to my Aunt's house, for her to watch on her new DVD player and wide screen tv (first of each for her). She is 89 and has buried three husbands. Towards the end of the movie, when they get to the cabin, she thought the cabin was a church because there were "crosses" cut into the doors and windows. I had to explain that they were gun ports,not crosses.

Four? Two Walkers, an 1860 and a smaller police pistol or pocket pistol type of deal in a vertical holster under his left arm?

6 you forgot the 2 in the pomel holsters

"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Lone Wadie: I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

River raft tender: You know in my line of work, you gotta be able either to sing "The Battle Hymn Of The Republic" or "Dixie" with equal enthusiasm

Josey Wales and the carpetbagger: Carpetbagger: It works on just about everything. Josey Wales" How's it with stains? (then spits on his coat)

JEL

Carpetbagger: Well Mr. Wales, there is a thing called justice in this country. Josey: Well Mr. Carpetbagger we have something in this country called "The Missoura Boat Ride" !!

I've seen that movie maybe a couple dozen times, and every time I hear that line I think of Bugs and Daffy.

"Duck season..."

"Wabbit season"

"Duck season..."

"Wabbit season"

"Duck season..."

"Wabbit season"

ELMER SEASON!

Archived