SASS Wire Forum

EOT

Hells Comin

Whatever you have heard, remember, or think you know, trust me, EoT has become the gold standard of matches.

There is something to do, literally every minute that you're there, day or night.

If you're a competitor, it has become one of the best, most enjoyable matches in the world. You can see how your local talent ranks among the best shooters in the world. You will posse with guys and gals you've always read about, see what great folks they are, and how they go about the business of being a champion. You will meet shooters from all over the world, and see how far they have brought the sport we enjoy so much.

If you want to shop, you'll find every single thing that you need for our sport.

There is great entertainment every night, When you can't take any more, go back to your campsite or hotel, and sit and tell tales with friends, new and old, from all over the globe.

Trust me, it's worth your time, money and effort. I'm going, and I hope to see you there.

Cheers,

FJT

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thank you in advance to all Waddies for all y'all do. I may be one of the

cowboys needing a lift a some point, hopefully not, but will surely be appreciated

if needed.

sincere thanks,

...crosscut hardy

One thing that is hurting sports like SASS is the lack of powder and components to load. First it was primers which seem to be coming back some now (more expensive than before but at least on shelves). Now it is powder. I haven't seen a can of 231, Unique or Tight Group for over a year. I'm down to my last pound of Unique and when that is gone, the only way to replace is to buy from scalpers for north of $50 per pound.

The conundrum is we don't want to shoot up our supplies because they can't be easily replaced, but on the other hand, what good is a couple hundred rounds of ammo that you won't shoot?

Outside of muzzleloaders, my shooting has gone way down. Used to go through about a brick of 22 per month. 22lr if like gold now. Have about 2,500 rounds and won't shoot any unless I can find a box to replace. I have always kept 2,000 - 5,000 rounds of 22 on hand for years and years. Being down to 2500 is low for me.

Sorry bout the rant, not really EOT related. I do think there may be some relationship between availability of components and participation in matches.

One thing that is hurting sports like SASS is the lack of powder and components to load.

Sorry bout the rant, not really EOT related. I do think there may be some relationship between availability of components and participation in matches.

IF YOU HAVE friends

you will have access to components

"yikes-just sayin"

what do you need

perhaps folks will meet you there with stuff

"I know that I WOULD"

this was a EOT post, be there or be ?

you will have offers.....................................................................and pms if you are sirius

One thing that is hurting sports like SASS is the lack of powder and components to load. First it was primers which seem to be coming back some now (more expensive than before but at least on shelves). Now it is powder. I haven't seen a can of 231, Unique or Tight Group for over a year. I'm down to my last pound of Unique and when that is gone, the only way to replace is to buy from scalpers for north of $50 per pound.

The conundrum is we don't want to shoot up our supplies because they can't be easily replaced, but on the other hand, what good is a couple hundred rounds of ammo that you won't shoot?

Outside of muzzleloaders, my shooting has gone way down. Used to go through about a brick of 22 per month. 22lr if like gold now. Have about 2,500 rounds and won't shoot any unless I can find a box to replace. I have always kept 2,000 - 5,000 rounds of 22 on hand for years and years. Being down to 2500 is low for me.

I'm betting that if someone is seriously wanting to go to EOT and shoot the match they can get the goods to make up the ammo. Should anyone need 44-40 for EOT and that's stopping them from going just send me a PM and I'll have some for you at the gate. See how easy that was?

So wish I was going to EOT.Maybe some day.Hope all that get to go have the best time ever.Sure will miss my shooting parts while they are gone.Good luck to all that go.

I would like to thank all you folks that thanked the Waddies.

We come from all over the country to help put on the GREATEST World Championship that we can.

The thanks are definitely appreciated.

FancyFree

Guys, no doubt if I was out of supplies there would be cowboys lined up to help a fellow out. Haven't shot my first match yet (Saturday is the day) but have been spectator at a few and the generosity, friendly competition and good natgure of all involved is what has drawn me to yet another shooting sport (as if I really needed an excuse to buy more firearms).

As it stands, I have 1 lb Unique, about 80% of a pound of Universal and plenty of primers. The general observation is I have cut way back on my plinking and practice shooting to be sure I have enough components for the competitions.

Running low but I have enough to get by for a while longer and I'm not going to be asking friends (and soon to be friends) to part with their hard to find supplies while I still have enough to last me for a while if I'm conservative in how I use them. I'd rather see the help go to a fellow who was totally out.

Jeff - Guitar Slinger

So wish I was going to EOT.Maybe some day.Hope all that get to go have the best time ever.Sure will miss my shooting parts while they are gone.Good luck to all that go.

Hop in the car and drive my friend, go west young Man as they would say.

KK

439 great shooters so far, it's not to late and u can sign up online. Just think u can even hang out with the Infamous Phantom !!

Or the infamous Hells Comin! See ya' there.

Are ya ll getting just a little excited yet?

Heck, I am and I'm not even going. Who will be the next overall world champs? Who will be the world category champs?

To those going please remember us poor armchair cowboys who can't attend and post your stories and pictures!

If you bring yer bullets HC, my money's on you.

There's too many great shooters for me to put any of my hard earned money on any of them. A lot can happen in a match.

I do have my preferences and predictions, but I'll keep them to myself... :D

Is it time to shoot yet?!!!!

So....How about a Senior like Hells Comin winning? Surely he can out run all those kids. ;)

(Looking forward to my hug when you get there, HC!)

So....How about a Senior like Hells Comin winning? Surely he can out run all those kids. ;)

I shot with Matt last year at Eldorado and have heard about all the fantastic up and comers we are blessed with in this game,

but ya know - I just shot The Best Shoot by a Dam Site with Hells Comin'.

There still aint too many that he can't outrun.

Right or wrong, I'm always rooting for my friend Hell's Comin'

I havent been to EOT since they got rid of my categories. "Modern & traditional" I guess I can't hold out forever, so I'm signed up for 2014

3GC "The last Modern Champion"

Hon, I know an individual who quit shooting with SASS because his category, Modern, was eliminated. I'm glad to see that you are still with us....

I havent been to EOT since they got rid of my categories. "Modern & traditional" I guess I can't hold out forever, so I'm signed up for 2014

3GC "The last Modern Champion"

Welcome back and shoot well

Archived