SASS Wire Forum

Annual Match Mission BC

Just got back from a great shoot in Mission BC. Took a few pic's (fewer than normal) here's a link;

http://crotchetyoldgrouch.smugmug.com/CAS/Canada/Mision-2014/40849478_mqg9j7#!i=3255973871&k=HqB88qv

Take a look at page 5 of the album. In Canada a shoot gun has to be a minimum of 26" long but can have barrels much shooter that we can. The S x S in the pictures given away as a door prize.

Guess some Canuck gun laws aren't so bad ;)

IMG_1475.1-L.jpg

Hey Crotchety! Enjoyed breaking bread with you in Mission and I agree the pictured shot gun is cool. I purchased one myself. This is an interesting variance in the Canadian law. If you cut a shotgun barrel shorter than 18 inches, you are in big trouble (same in the US I believe). But if it comes from the factory that short, you are okay. The same manufacturer of this gun also produces a mag fed pump action with an 8.5 inch barrel. Overall length still has to be 26 inches or more.

But that leads me to a question... Is the requirement of an 18 inch barrel for SASS based on the the Federal law in the US? If so, would the pictured shotgun be okay to use (with the 12 inch barrel) at sanctioned SASS events in Canada (being permitted under the law)?

I am new to the forums, so if I am posting this in the wrong place just let me know!

Arbitrator

Archived