SASS Wire Forum

Rugged Gear Cart, folded size?

Been looking for a guncart that will take up very little room in the trunk. Have looked at the Rugged Gear carts but can not find information on how small they fold down. Hope some one hear can let me know the size and best place to purchase one.

Thanks much.

Check out mine at www.sswdistributors.com

Why not build your own? I am just starting in cowboy action and have yet to build my cart yet , but I figure you can come up with something simple to meet your needs.Goodluck!

Been looking for a guncart that will take up very little room in the trunk. Have looked at the Rugged Gear carts but can not find information on how small they fold down. Hope some one hear can let me know the size and best place to purchase one.

Thanks much.

Off The Wall, Gunther Cartright makes The Jackrabbit cart that is a great cart for shooting and easy to breakdown and put in the trunk of your Civic.

Thanks for the replies, but wife seems to think I need a Rugged Gear cart. We just cannot find how small they fold down. Hope one of you that owns one can supply that information.

Need to fit in the trunk of Chevy Cruise along with shooting and camping gear. Dog needs to have at least half of the back seat.

The four gun cart is 41x19.5x11 with the wheels removed. The two and three gun carts fold to 31.5" x 16.2" x 18" with the rear wheels removed.

Laz

Dang! I hadn't seen the Rugged Gear cart catalog with The Briscoe Kid and Kiamichi Queen on the cover!

Good folks ta get a Rugged Gear gun cart from is

"Cowboy Shooters Supply"

They are SASS Vendors, SASS Shooters..attend a lot of SASS matches to sell their wares..

Some good folks..

They support our sport..

Rance ;)

Thinkin' I got one from them at the SASS Convention in December..

Dang.. it's easy ta push.. :)

With wheels on my cart' s length is 48 inches. Width is 24. Height, with oversize bag in front is 22. I bought mine from Bricoe Kid and his wife, Kamachi Queen. Good folks. The cart is difficult for me on slanted ground unless I go straight down or up. Otherwise I like it. Recommend the deluxe model.

Just an FYI on the Rugged Gear cart. I like mine, but my car is similar in size to yours. In order to fit in the trunk, I think you will need to pop off the back wheels because of the opening on the trunk. I usually side mine in the back seat to avoid wear on the wheels. I just wanted to make sure you knew

With wheels on my cart' s length is 48 inches. Width is 24. Height, with oversize bag in front is 22. I bought mine from Bricoe Kid and his wife, Kamachi Queen. Good folks. The cart is difficult for me on slanted ground unless I go straight down or up. Otherwise I like it. Recommend the deluxe model.

I've found the same thing on slanted ground.. wants to pull in the way of the slant.. I'm goin' ta lock up the front wheel turn the next time I go to that club and try it that way.. I also recommend the deluxe model with the from triangular pocket.. the ammo bag that comes with the other carts fits right inside of it..

Rugged gear cart....hmmm....the old red wood cart is getting heavier every year...

This is exactly why I got one.. gettin' harder ta push even with new 16" wheels and was gettin' harder ta lift in and out of the stagecoach..

Rance ;)

Thinkin'.. but I'm old :wacko::)

:ph34r: We have the 4 gun deluxe, with the large front pocket and by taking off the front wheel (simple) it fits fine in the trunk of our 2005 Ford 500. Plenty of room for other necessities for both of us.

When sand is too soft to push through, it PULLS just fine. And Brisco Kid is da man....

Hey Tracker, You might want to check Craigslist for jogging strollers. Add a couple pieces of wood and you're good to go. You can sometimes find them for under $25. They're not much different than the Rugged Gear Carts.

Buzzard

Had the same problem, found if I put a couple extra boxes of bullets in the very bottom as ballast it helped with the side-hill problem.

Hope to see you on the 31st!

I can't find any pics of your gun carts on the site. I clicked all over the place.

I'm on an iPad if that makes a difference.

ipad shouldn't make a difference.

Go to the photo album page,I'm in the throes of sorting it out a bit better.

Try www.sswdsitributors.com/13872905

Archived