SASS Wire Forum

Georgia State Championship

Dutch Coroner

Congratulations to Two Gun Tuco and Slicks Sharpshooter as overall winners!

Congrats to Ozark Azz and Slick as the Georgia State Champions and to all the winners.

.....and to Santa Fe River Stan for winning the first All Around Cowboy title with a time under 200 seconds for a 10 stage match....that's pretty awesome Stan.

My thanks to Man from Little River, Miz Pity, Fast Eddie and all the folks down at South River that worked so hard to make this a fun match. Great job and we'll be looking forward to next year.

First off I'm glad there is a match at this awsome facility, probably one of the finest in the SE.The match was a good one for sure !

Congrats to to Two Gun Tuco and Slick's Sharpshooter for Overall winners ! not only great shooters but great people there folks should be proud

Congrats to my pard Santa Fe River Stan for taking All Around Cowboy & Shamrock Sadie for taking Ladies AAC ,Great Job !

Had a great time this weekend, this definently is a match I will be going back too, Congrats to Fast Eddie & Eddie and Crew !

AO

First let me say "Thank You" to all the folks who put on this match for allowing me to run the All Around Cowboy category. AND, it was a good all around match as well. I think we will be shooting at this great facility for quite some time to come.

Again, for all the hard work - thank you.

Will be back.

Dan

Good times and great fun. Shooting with Posse 1/2 was terrific--pretty women (and fast too--with their guns!), great competitors, male and female, and a good working crew. The weather was beautiful and the match challenging. Thanks Miz Pitty, Man from Little River, Fast Eddie and all the others who made this possible.

And thanks for the scores, Marauder.

Well done slicks Sharpshooter and Tuco. Two great shooters and fine young people:)

Regards,

Ringer

Had a great time. Posse 15/16 was about the best hard-working posse I've been associated with.

Congrats to all the winners.

Thanks to Man for Little River, Miss Pitty, Fast Eddie for all their hard work in putting this match on at this great facility.

Now if they can order up this fine weather each and every year.......

I really had a great time at this match this weekend. Fast Eddie worked extremely hard and it didnt go unnoticed. Congratulations to Slick's Sharpshooter and all the other winners!

Well done Man from Little River, Miz Pity, Fast Eddie and all who worked hard to give us shooters a great match. I can't remember better weather to shoot in! Posse 13-14, enjoyed shootin' with ya'll too!!!

A fun time was had by all......All Around Cowboy (Dang It Dan's idea) was a blast. It really kept you out of your comfort zone for the entire match. Give it a try sometime. You'll like it.

A big Thank You to all involved for giving up your time and expending all the effort that that you did, so my family and friends could come together and make memories that we will keep with us forever.

Stan

A big Thank You to all involved for giving up your time and expending all the effort that that you did, so my family and friends could come together and make memories that we will keep with us forever.

Stan

Yup! It seems every time I shoot with you and RRR, Ray says something that just sticks. After you had been beating us for about eight stages or so, Ray looked over at you and said, "Dan and I haven't given up on you, but we ain't pullin' you forward no more". I couldn't have agreed more!

At the last match he said, "I'd quit this aggravatin' sh*t if it wasn't so much fun".

I'm really going to have to start writing these sayings down.

Thank you all for the kind words. We appreciate it very much. We learned a lot hosting this match, and you can rest assured next year will be even better!

I have a correction to post for the AAC category. Due to a keypunch error (mine) :( , Dang-It Dan is second and Wascally Wed Wiver Way is third. Please see the top 5 below:

1- Sante Fe River Stan

2- Dang-It Dan

3- Red River Ray

4- Hikes Point Hank

5- Shamrock Sadie

Correction will also be posted on www.sassgeorgia.com

Thank you all so much for coming to the match. We enjoyed meeting everyone, and hope everyone made it home safely.

Miz Pitty

Miss Mary Christmas and I just got home a few hours ago and I wanted to send out a note of appreciation to the entire GA State crew for the great weekend. I render a most respectful salute to you all for the long hours, hard work and dedication that went in to making this happen for so many cowfolks. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and the hospitality could not have been better.
I spoke to Tex and Cat on the way home and told them about your dedication, hard work, hospitality and how everyone enjoyed themselves the entire weekend. I also told them about how successful Dang it Dan's idea was with that All Around Cowboy category suggesting they consider adopting it as it adds real spark to the event!

Again, thanks to Fast Eddie, Man from Little River, Miz Pitty Maurauder, McKenzie River Drifter, Silver City Rebel and the whole gang....Salute!!!

Thank you all for the kind words. We appreciate it very much. We learned a lot hosting this match, and you can rest assured next year will be even better!

I have a correction to post for the AAC category. Due to a keypunch error (mine) :( , Dang-It Dan is second and Wascally Wed Wiver Way is third. Please see the top 5 below:

1- Sante Fe River Stan

2- Dang-It Dan

3- Red River Ray

4- Hikes Point Hank

5- Shamrock Sadie

Thank you all so much for coming to the match. We enjoyed meeting everyone, and hope everyone made it home safely.

Miz Pitty

Oh great! Now I am first loser. ;).

No matter, I had loads of fun and got to shoot with some really nice folks who were crazy enough to come along for the ride.

See you next year.

Had a lot of fun at the shoot and it's always fun to see our southern friends . Thanks to Fast Eddie and crew . We know the work it takes to bring it all together and we really appreciate it .

1- Sante Fe River Stan

2- Dang-It Dan

3- Red River Ray

4- Hikes Point Hank

5- Shamrock Sadie

Miz Pitty

First let me say thanks to all who worked to put on this fine match. Thanks very much. Also congrats to all whom won their category.

Now down ta business wid this DANG IT SCORING PROBLEM, now that Dans scores have been corrected may I ask for mine to be. I knew at first glance of tha scores Dan an I were much closer in TT. I also saw his 9 misses on one stage an knew they never happened. I then looked my scores over an noticed that stage 9 a freestyle stage (stoked 97) was off by 1 sec, recorded in the scores as a 13.64 when the real time was 12.64 as Capt Bill Burt will atest to as the TO. an whom talked of this very stage at tha banquet.

So Daniel As by my figgerin I still am first loooooser. Course dat ain't been made oFISHell

Wascally WWW

First let me say thanks to all who worked to put on this fine match. Thanks very much. Also congrats to all whom won their category.

Now down ta business wid this DANG IT SCORING PROBLEM, now that Dans scores have been corrected may I ask for mine to be. I knew at first glance of tha scores Dan an I were much closer in TT. I also saw his 9 misses on one stage an knew they never happened. I then looked my scores over an noticed that stage 9 a freestyle stage (stoked 97) was off by 1 sec, recorded in the scores as a 13.64 when the real time was 12.64 as Capt Bill Burt will atest to as the TO. an whom talked of this very stage at tha banquet.

So Daniel As by my figgerin I still am first loooooser. Course dat ain't been made oFISHell

Wascally WWW

Dammit Man!.....We are still having Ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stan

Looks like the Cracker Crew just might have to visit the NC State in 2 1/2 weeks just to settle up this business about who is 1st Looser and who is 2nd Looser... :D

Don't keep Way all riled up and such cause I'm plannin on him to buy me a fried baloney 'sammich' over there. Ifn I can't get it, the Geisha Twins will squeeze it out of him.

safe travels

..........Widder

Thanks for posting the scores Marauder. :) My personal goal for next year is to have Half the stages as clean and not having a SDQ on any of the stages. I was one away from that this year.

A special thanks goes out to the staff that put on the match. We had a blast!! That All Around Cowboy was one of the best categories that I have shot in! Very challenging to say the least. ;) Plus getting to shoot with some of the best shooters in our sport. I believe there was 4 WORLD CHAMPIONS shooting in our posse.

I will second the 12.64 second stage the RRR shot. That was impressive!! :o Thanks Dan for putting this one together. If SASS was to add another category this should be it! If you are looking for something different, give the All Around Cowboy a try!! ;)

Cheatin'

Many thanks to Fast Eddie, Man From Little River, Maurauder, Miz Pity, McKenzie River Drifter, Silver City Rebel and all of the others who put in an enormous amount of work to make this year's GA state match a success.

Kajun

I had more fun at this match than I can remember. I've never seen shooting like that in person and the posse worked together like we had known each other our entire lives!

Thanks for the loan of the gun cart Pard!

Stan

You're welcome!

Wascally WWW

I can definitely attest to Ray's score on the freestyle stage. In my three years of CAS I've never timed someone who shot a sub 13 second 10/10/4+ stage until that wascal. I mentioned it at the banquet, I mentioned over breakfast, heck I'll probably still be talking about it next year.

Archived