SASS Wire Forum

The rifle, called a Winchester, was a Uberti '66. When he jacked out the cartridges, the fired primers are visible (if you freeze the frame). Since it had external primers it had to be a reproduction

Winchester '73 was a center fire rifle, thus the name for the new ammunition created for it .44WCF. Also known as 44-40. The rifle hanging on th wall was a '73

As I understand it, the designation of ".44-40" came from the folks at Colt, who didn't want their customers having to ask for Winchester Center Fire ammunition. So you would see boxes of ammo labelled ".44-40 WCF" or even just ".44-40 Center Fire Ammunition".

I heard it was Marlin, who did not want to put WINCHESTER on Marlin rifles, that came up with 44/40.

On the other hand, M&H pistols were caliber-marked WINCHESTER RIFLE CARTRIDGE.

I agree that TV is fantasy, and I agree cop shows are starting to impact society in that jurors are being influenced as to what can and cannot be done by police. So, would one think the TV is influential about other things too using that logic? Elections? Well of course it is! But, always remember, if people stop watching it, it will change to something else or go away. TV only gives to the public what the public wants, and it wants whats on right now.

No, it is more like we are getting tired of it taking 8 cops to take down one perp, and then they gotta provide him one or 2 kicks in the head before they consider them subdued.

and I actually like the cops, have several friends, and it is a hard jb, but I made my living taking down mentally challenged folks. I can take any 2 of my staff and we can take the person down and tie them into a restraint chair, and we don't even have to hit or kick em on the wat down. I woud love to teach a few how to do it the proper way

and NCIS is one of my favorite shows, and it is TELEVISION, it don't have to be real life I got plenty of that on the job.

just my 2 cents

curley

I applaud your level of expertise. How do you fare if you're alone and the suspect is armed?

Archived