SASS Wire Forum

What your alias coulda been?

Carlos Murphy # 873

I started out as Fergus Peel, a civil war soldier who carried an 1860 Henry. The wife said no one would understand. So I went with what she calls me.... Sleepy Floyd.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kept a list for years, when I worked on weekend match days. Among my faves are:

Roger Wilco

Nordo (USAF short hand for "no radio")

Clue Bird

Martin Baker (makers of ejection seats)

Running Ball

Hey Sabre!

Can I guess you got your alias from flyin' 'em?

Me, I wanted to be the Utica Kid- character in Jimmy Stewart's "Night Passage"- I was not long out of college there when I saw the movie. But it was already taken.

I have had 2 changes in the (what I call the "before times" ya' know before all the headaches of changing alias"):

I started out my SASS life as "The Tippecanoe Kid" - I lived in West Lafayette, Indiana in Tippecanoe County. Then I went to "Longwalker" but let my membership lapse briefly while I was out of the country...When I came back to renew, the name had been taken, according to the old database...Then, rooting around through some ancient family records, I came across mention of an ancestor that sailed with the notorious pirate Jean David Nau also known as L' Ollonois...I added the name of my favorite Roman philosopher to it and voila!

I talked about it with Smokin Limey but we both like what we have. If we did change, we would have become...

Arsenic and Old Lace

I play guitar so thought about six string. Settled on Guitar Slinger. Just joined, hope to shoot my first match in a few weeks. Should be interesting if not downright funny for some of the guys who have been doing this for a long time.

Flintlock rifles are what I shoot most.

I carry EZ UPs to nearly every shoot, thot EZ UP KID wut be cool............... guess why I decided against it????

the $15 for a name change.....

I carry EZ UPs to nearly every shoot, thot EZ UP KID wut be cool............... guess why I decided against it????

the $15 for a name change.....

I bet you have plenty of pards that would give you the $15 to change it ;)

I wanted Tyrel Sackett but that was taken. I believe it to be available now; just not sure I want to change it.

Archived