SASS Wire Forum

Texas Man

Last weekend Rock Island sold the Thumb Print Walker for over $545.000. As Walkers go it was a very nice old Colt. I have a Orghinal Walker that I give $45,000 for years go and now I think about so many years ago back in 1956 when I traded for an Orginal C Company Walker in darn good shape and at the early age of 16 I knew nothing about a Walker and back then there were no books about them either.

So what would A 16 year old do? With in an hour I had leaded the Old War Horse up and let it fire in a cloud of black powder smoke and a Smile on My face. Damn even todat that was an experence of a life time. I shot the Old Colt for abouy a year and never had a chain fire or a misfire and as a young kid I decided to sell the Old C Compaany for the huge sume of $350.00 dollars that the time was huge amount of money for a 16 year old kid. That My Friends was My Lives largest mistake and if I could kick my own ass I would start each day out doing just that. That old Walker was from Sam Walkers own C Company. At 50 steps it was right on and with a hair trigger I shot it well with my young sharp eyes.

Knowing what I know now, I would never shot any orginal Walker nor Paterson as they have give their due and like old men like Me they have had there time and retirement is due.

Your Pard, Texas Man

Archived