SASS Wire Forum

NO, DON'T SAY IT !

Carlos Murphy # 873

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An old friend of mine works for an aircraft fastener manufacturer. They recently attended a function in DC to receive a preferred supplier award from some government agency (I do not remember which one). Their host/guide that day kept telling Paul and his entourage how "appreciatory" they were of Paul's employer.

APPRECIATORY?????? Where in the blue hell did THAT b*st*rdized word come from? And to make matters worse, the gentleman using the word kept reminding Paul about his Masters degree. SHEESH!

Must be a boring 3 days on the Wire.

Y'all must've never heard your parents complain about your word/language usage. I didn't care for it 50 years ago, and it hasn't improved with age.

Once in a while I still hear someone say somebody or something is.... OFF THE HOOK.

Just heard another but very new, HASH TAG, used when quoting a tweet.

AND...when you 'thank' someone as a nice questure of showing your appreciation for their service, they reply...."No Problem".

I hate that phrase.

Does that mean if it was a problem they wouldn't have done it?

Oh Yea, and another word people use that cracks me up.....'Irregardless'. (pronounced: Erie Guardless).

..........Widder

I cannot help but say "No problem" now, due to too long working in a Call Centre were if a customer thanked you you were chastised by management as if they felt the need to thank you, you hadn't make them felt like you existed solely to serve them and thus needed not being thanked.

So the rule was if thanked you had to explain to the customer it was "No problem"; there was even a script and all.

Yes, one is there to do a job, so you get paid so don't need to be thanked, but to actually have to go out of the way to correct or "educate" customers that they shouldn't thank us was over the top.

The over use of "literally" when people mean "figuratively"

How bout.......IF I TELL YOU I'LL HAVE TO KILL YOU.

or......IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS.

or.....CAN'T HAVE MORE FUN THAN THIS WITH YOUR CLOTHING ON.

When being confronted by someone you haven't seen in awhile and they say,"Wow you lost some hair or "you've gained a few pounds huh? or "boy your beard is gray" Don'tcha just wanna say NO SH%^, what ya think I don't have mirrors???? Idiot!

Sick

That used to be a bad thing, but it now appears to be a complimentary term. Let's be honest; basically, it's the new normal, and, seriously, at the end of the day, it is what it is, right? :lol:

Must be a boring 3 days on the Wire.

Y'all must've never heard your parents complain about your word/language usage. I didn't care for it 50 years ago, and it hasn't improved with age.

+1

"Way Better"

When did we all turn into valley girls. It's "FAR better" or "MUCH Better"

Oh man..... anyone who comes up and gives me dimensions in metric.

DITTO-DITTO-DITTO........................

When checking out at a store, the cashier might say, "Did you find everything?". This actually makes me chuckle.

Fillmore

I usually answer, "yes, except for an efficient check out line" but they know I'm joking. Then when they offer to help me to my car, I just offer to go quietly.

I usually answer, "yes, except for an efficient check out line" but they know I'm joking. Then when they offer to help me to my car, I just offer to go quietly.

I usually answer "no, couldn't fine that box with the million dollars in it".

• 2 weeks later...

I hate that my own self.....allegedly.

When the good guy's catch the bad guy red-handed they say he allegedly did it.

Howdy,

just looked at this fer the ffirst time and some is right on the mark and some is funny.

But the one I could never figure out, never liked and always wanted to give a real mean reply is:

Hello There.

Im not a place, if Im ever a place then you can say 'Hello There'.

Probably when Im six foot under.

Best

CR

Archived