SASS Wire Forum

NO, DON'T SAY IT !

Carlos Murphy # 873

Phrases I wish were outlawed.

1. TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL.

2. Anything discribed as BEING ON STEROIDS.

3. BLOWN AWAY.

4. ENVIRONMENTALY FRIENDLY.

5. BEING STOKED.

6. FREE GIFT.

7. IMPROVISED EXPLOSIVE DEVISE. (its a BOMB dang it)

8. THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKN ABOUT.

Please feel free to add some of yours, that is if I havent takin them all, which I doubt.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll give you most of those, but the Improvised Explosive Device (IED) IS very descriptive of what these creative jihadists do with multiple sources for exposive devices, including repurposing our own leave-behinds or duds.

I'm in the "counter" business - serious stuff.

"These ONES" instead of just plain old "these".

"ABSOLUTELY".

ya can't even watch a TV news show anymore without an Interviewee repeating the word...'Absolutely'.

Come On.....Give Me A Break! :D

..........Widder

Been there...Done that

When I'm in a meeting at work and they are talking about a data conversion for some new banking application and they need a few more programmers and some over paid Yahoo says - "Well we'll need more boots on the ground for this project."

I just want to scoop that moron up and ship him to some war zone.

Also, we can't just call someone anymore we have to "Reach out to them". Please!!! Stop!!!!

I hate "How are you?" as a greeting from most people....if yer not part of my family or one of my closest friends it's none of yer dang business!!! You want to greet me try having some manners and saying "hello" instead..... :wacko::wacko::wacko:

24/7..........good thing you have 24 hours and 7 days, that's how long you'll be on hold

It's all good..........How can everything be all good?

New and improved...........really means less product and quality.

Competitive wages.........competitive with what, the other companies that don't pay $hit either?

Send me an email...........what, you can't talk on the phone?

One other thing that really irks me is the female adults that talk like high schoolers. Just gets me riled, don't know why.

It is what it is??? what; up with that?

24/7..........good thing you have 24 hours and 7 days, that's how long you'll be on hold

Competitive wages.........competitive with what, the other companies that don't pay $hit either?

One other thing that really irks me is the female adults that talk like high schoolers. Just gets me riled, don't know why.

No in a lot of cases I can't. Keep in mind there are a lot of people that can't hear well enough to talk on a phone. I also have to communicate with people not from this country, they can't understand my southern drawl and I just don't understand them period; with an email or IM we can usually figure each other out.

I talk more to your answering service than I do to you.............please leave a message at the beep :P

Here are a few more worthless sayings:

Doncha know? (cheeseheads in Wisconsin - my mom and dad's favorite expression)

Ya know what I mean? (No - I don't know what you mean)

Lessdolunch - (What the devil is do lunch?)

it's a funner thang ( what the heck is funner - and why the heck do we inject an improper vowel in the thing word?)

and one from my old neighborhood in Chicago - Yeow Bro - whazup wif you? (Huh?????)

I grew up in a neighborhood comprised of first generation immigrants and the and second generation - we heard some very interesting variations in English - eg, "Hit is with a wood, Stash, It can't flew" (trans - hit it with a stick it can't fly). "Throw up the window" - trans - open the window - it hurts my throat to throw it up. And one they wrote a song about "throw mama from the train a kiss - that has got to hurt, even with a kiss. Put on the light - What if it doesn't fit? :-) We also learned to conjugate verbs a little differently - eg, tring - throw, trang - ithrown, trung - threw - aaaaarrrghhhhh

STL Suomi

Companies that use way overseas help desk personnel. Not to be racist, but Asian English is not all that close to American language.

Moving forward

Actually

OMG!!!

:angry:

AND...when you 'thank' someone as a nice questure of showing your appreciation for their service, they reply...."No Problem".

I hate that phrase.

Does that mean if it was a problem they wouldn't have done it?

Oh Yea, and another word people use that cracks me up.....'Irregardless'. (pronounced: Erie Guardless).

..........Widder

Some of y'all are just grouchy and get aggravated about these small things because you have nothing worse to be concerned with.

If I say, " How ya' doing?" Or "How are you?", I am at least acknowledging you. Same with "Have a good one." (day). What I find rude is being ignored.

Now I don't like "Up in there" or "Racist" or "Climate disruption". Or "New truth"

It is what it is??? what; up with that?

+1

Also, my personal dislikes are:

"From the 50,000 ft level it looks like......:" In other words, you were too ignorant to get down in the dirt where the work is done and see the real issue.

"Let's do a quick back of the envelope cut" ......In other words, you're too stupid to figure out every device you own now has a calculator on it that will provide real factual calculations.

No in a lot of cases I can't. Keep in mind there are a lot of people that can't hear well enough to talk on a phone. I also have to communicate with people not from this country, they can't understand my southern drawl and I just don't understand them period; with an email or IM we can usually figure each other out.

In all the times we've emailed back and forth, I never once heard a Southern Drawl. :lol:

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Perfect storm (we have outlawed that in our group)

Space age technology ( that was a long time ago , not so impressive now)

Drive it like you stole it (still hear it and sooo dated )

Email and texting is my preferred method of communication other than face to face. On the rare time I get a phone call I don't know how to answer it. Usually it's a some kind nuisance call and always comes at a bad time. With email or text I can include pictures, links or even make a YouTube video to make things clear. I've had buddies call and want to visit. Sometimes over an hour. I hold up but I really don't enjoy talking on the phone.

I agree with the guys that prefer to hear "Your welcome" rather than "No Problem", when you thank some one. Also... I don't care for the "These Ones". It seems that wearing a ball cap backwards has effected some of the folks that wear them that way. O-well..... I guess that Slang has always been a part of each generation. I'm "cool" with that. :wacko:

Snakebite

When checking out at a store, the cashier might say, "Did you find everything?". This actually makes me chuckle.

Fillmore

Oh, man, I could write a book.

"Reached out to him." No you didn't, you sent him an email.

"It is what it is." Of course it is. Thank you Captain Obvious.

"Bipartisan support." Both parties think they can blame the other when this one goes tits up.

"Tits up." That's not what they're for, chief.

"Reach a consensus." Because I'm not taking all the blame for this.

"We'll form a committee..." Because none of us is as stupid as all of us.

"Persons of color." We all have a color. Don't you like mine?

"Smoking gun." A smoking gun is not evidence of wrongdoing.

Archived