SASS Wire Forum

If you look at the original thread that is now locked you'll see my post was a question on whether costuming requirements are changing around the country.

It was a question about a video I saw that I ambiguously referred to with neither names, locations, genders, or time frames. We have all heard about Tex's articles about clothing recently and I thought I finally saw an example of it in what was represented as a Shoot-Out at an Annual Match. No mention was ever made that it took place on Sunday, after the awards, after the main match, after everyone had gone home, or while folks were taking naps or having lunch. It was represented as a Shoot-Out at an Annual Match. When I saw the video I guess I "called out" Mr. Faro by asking him, "They let you guys shoot in T-shirts?" For doing that publicly and insulting him, Colt, I apologize.

Was I insulted for being "unfriended" on Facebook? No, I found it amusing and a little ridiculous but, that's not my call.

Would I bring up the issue of costuming again? Yes, now more than ever. I have been an advocate for sometime at our annual match which has now become the Western Regional, that if you want your medal at the awards ceremony, follow the rules. Where the proper clothing.

Do I wish I had never posted this issue? No.

I wish Colt Faro the best of luck in his endeavors and thank him for he's done for OUR sport. Heck, I think I'm the one who introduced Rattlesnake Wrangler to the folks around here by posting some of his early videos.

To my fellow Cowboy shooters, thanks to all who supported me and my apologies to all I offended. That was never my intention.

Fillmore Coffins

SASS#7884

I see how that video was all in fun and not really to be takin' as serious as some may have thought. Understand your point too pard. Figure you guys will get personals set straight.

Ok. It's been a hOOt and been drama. Will be steppin' away from the ole Wire for a spell as I have some of my own personals to get in order.

God bless SASS and those that make it grow for us that wish we could do more....

GG

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look at the original thread that is now locked you'll see my post was a question on whether costuming requirements are changing around the country.

It was a question about a video I saw that I ambiguously referred to with neither names, locations, genders, or time frames. We have all heard about Tex's articles about clothing recently and I thought I finally saw an example of it in what was represented as a Shoot-Out at an Annual Match. No mention was ever made that it took place on Sunday, after the awards, after the main match, after everyone had gone home, or while folks were taking naps or having lunch. It was represented as a Shoot-Out at an Annual Match. When I saw the video I guess I "called out" Mr. Faro by asking him, "They let you guys shoot in T-shirts?" For doing that publicly and insulting him, Colt, I apologize.

Was I insulted for being "unfriended" on Facebook? No, I found it amusing and a little ridiculous but, that's not my call.

Would I bring up the issue of costuming again? Yes, now more than ever. I have been an advocate for sometime at our annual match which has now become the Western Regional, that if you want your medal at the awards ceremony, follow the rules. Where the proper clothing.

Do I wish I had never posted this issue? No.

I wish Colt Faro the best of luck in his endeavors and thank him for he's done for OUR sport. Heck, I think I'm the one who introduced Rattlesnake Wrangler to the folks around here by posting some of his early videos.

To my fellow Cowboy shooters, thanks to all who supported me and my apologies to all I offended. That was never my intention.

Fillmore Coffins

SASS#7884

Apology accepted and again I hope we all learned from this. In the words of Kilmer as Holliday. (Taps his pistols) there now we can be friends again.... lol. I wish you the best as well.

I see how that video was all in fun and not really to be takin' as serious as some may have thought. Understand your point too pard. Figure you guys will get personals set straight.

Ok. It's been a hOOt and been drama. Will be steppin' away from the ole Wire for a spell as I have some of my own personals to get in order.

God bless SASS and those that make it grow for us that wish we could do more....

GG

I know some will disagree with me :P , but it will be the Wire's loss.

Fillmore

I know some will disagree with me :P , but it will be the Wire's loss.

Fillmore

I agree with you Fillmore. GG is the voice of reason and an asset to the wire. I do understand if he's got business elsewhere though.

In case you boys haven't noticed, Colt and I have shaken hands.

Fillmore

You both are blessed.

There are folks who've never spoken to me nor even said anything about me.....and I still don't like em. :lol::lol::lol:

Good on ya both!

..........Widder

You both are blessed.

There are folks who've never spoken to me nor even said anything about me.....and I still don't like em. :lol::lol::lol:

Good on ya both!

..........Widder

Ya but what did I do for you not to like me :( :( I am going to go sit in the corner over there and cry now

Great video, wish I could have been there.

I can only disagree with one thing you said Colt. When you stated you were not a top shooter you were dead wrong.

Modesty and cowboy humbleness prevents you from tooting your own horn BUT anybody who beats Mr Black even if he had to make up a kd in a run down just HAS to be on the top rung.

Proud to be a member of The Outlaw Gang and keep up the good work. I have one question tho: OG posts seem to have disappeared entirely from my fb feed. Used to see at least a few every day and I hit like and even share on many if not most of them?

Great video, wish I could have been there.

I can only disagree with one thing you said Colt. When you stated you were not a top shooter you were dead wrong.

Modesty and cowboy humbleness prevents you from tooting your own horn BUT anybody who beats Mr Black even if he had to make up a kd in a run down just HAS to be on the top rung.

Proud to be a member of The Outlaw Gang and keep up the good work. I have one question tho: OG posts seem to have disappeared entirely from my fb feed. Used to see at least a few every day and I hit like and even share on many if not most of them?

Well thank you for the kind words my friend! Just go on over to the Outlaw Gang page and hit like on a few of the posts or share one and it should start showing up again. Facebook has limited some of the exposure. I sure do appreciate your support and hope that you will tune in to our TV show called Home at the Range! Network is still to be determined at this time but we are working hard on getting a deal made. I will keep you posted with it's progress!

The shootout was a blast! That's kinda the point of this whole CAS thing! C ya at the next one!

WK

Apology accepted and again I hope we all learned from this. In the words of Kilmer as Holliday. (Taps his pistols) there now we can be friends again.... lol. I wish you the best as well.

Plus, you gotta admit that those are dang nice hats! More than make up for goofin' off any day. :)

Archived