SASS Wire Forum

Are clothing rules changing around the country?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted · Hidden by Doc Faraday, SASS #5749, May 5, 2014 - trying to salvage this thread about clothes
Hidden by Doc Faraday, SASS #5749, May 5, 2014 - trying to salvage this thread about clothes

Are you high???

I don't think BD is high....I think that he just doesn't like being ambushed and shot to pieces for expressing his opinion.

You denigrated an entire class of shooters...many of whom I consider friends. No names needed when you generalize as you did.

Consider that your "truth" might just be a reflection of your OWN attititude.

PWB

I took his comments to be a generalization, not an indictment of all shooters, or specific shooters (whether they are your good pards or not). whose are highly skilled.

Also, I realize that your comment about the moderators wasn't specifically aimed at BD, but he might think it was a threat to nail him specifically. This kind of thing doesn't really sound like you, but then, I don't know you personally PWB. Good to know, though, that you are feeling better this year.

Sounds like everyone is ganging up on this guy. Too bad..

Back to the OP.....Howdy Fillmore, no I haven't seen such a thing, everyone still dressing within the rules. Nothing has changed since the great Blue Jean debate in the winter of 13 :o:lol: Maybe they were not a SASS club :huh: Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: relax-Enjoy

My experience is that the best shooters only care about wining and spend little time on clothing or the cowboy way. most of them wear the same outfit at every shoot.

My experience is totally different than yours... Top Shooters around these parts dress like they're in "Classic Cowboy", and they don't even shoot that category!

I did the same thing, but found that I needed to wash them in between shoots.

People started to call me gamey.

It was the smell they were talking about, right???

Hmm...... I think perhaps you were just being "period correct."(?) :blink: Maybe that's whatyou should have told your detractors. :lol:

Posted · Hidden by Doc Faraday, SASS #5749, May 5, 2014 - trying to salvage this thread about clothes
Hidden by Doc Faraday, SASS #5749, May 5, 2014 - trying to salvage this thread about clothes

More like, plain RUDE :excl:

Learn the difference--

LG

don't like it? Nobody is forcing to read my post are they? Rude? maybe. Rude to most people means I don't like what you say. LOL

BTW, I just checked the SASS alias look up, and "Black Diamond" wasn't listed as taken.

I am by no means a top (or even fast) shooter. But I have shot with many of the top names in this sport. I have very rarely seen a "TOP SHOOTER" who did not exemplify the cowboy way. This includes World, National, and State Champions. I have seen "wannabe" "

"top shooters" who were the exact opposite, and most likely because of their attitudes, will never be a TOP SHOOTER.

I fully support Palewolf's comments. You've painted a pretty broad brush across some of the greatest folks around, and additionally slammed a gentleman whom I consider a friend, Palewolf Brunelle. You might want to do as he suggested, and step away from the keyboard. You're digging yourself a hole and pulling the dirt in on top of yourself.

Laz

Laz...YOU NAILED IT. Don't know anything about what he has seen, but it sure is way different than my experience.

Tex has noted in the Chronicle that a lot of shooters are dressing to the minimum. that statement made me go out and buy a ton of duds. But not everybody is as fortunate as I am financially,

Tex has noted in the Chronicle that a lot of shooters are dressing to the minimum. that statement made me go out and buy a ton of duds. But not everybody is as fortunate as I am financially,

Dressing to the minimum doesn't mean outside the rules.

I am suggesting using colloquialism's .

Howdy BD, sorry, no fancy words allowed around here.....some of us really are from the country and ain't gotta clue :wacko: Thanks, Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

I did the same thing, but found that I needed to wash them in between shoots.

People started to call me gamey.

It was the smell they were talking about, right???

you know Branchwater that might explain why they have been calling me a gamey bastard for the last 6 years. :D:lol::P

It is NOT to insult shooters. IT IS MY EXPERICE.I know what I see and I was talking about SOME of the better shooters. and it is held by others. Apparently you have not read ALL my posts. Go back and read them

Do you even read the trash you post?

You never said "some"-You said "most"!

Maybe YOU should "go back and read them".

Put the shovel down--

"If you don't like that-To bad!"

LG

BTW, I just checked the SASS alias look up, and "Black Diamond" wasn't listed as taken.

The full name is Back Diamond Bob. In the clubs I use Black Diamond to get all my name on the score sheets. At official competitions its the full name. I irritate you so much you have to go check up on me? LOL.

Most shooters in my 2 years experience, dress the part. When I first started SASS I thought the dressing part was a little hokey, but I've gotten to where I enjoy it, and I add to my cowboy wardrobe when ever I can. I'm bigger thatn the average bear, so its hard to find "off the rack" coiwboy clothes, but I do what I can. Most clubs in S Texas do have somewhat relaxed rules during the summer months. The vast majority of the shooters try to dress the part, even in the summertime.

That being said, I have seen a top shooter wearing just a SASS tee shirt (and pants of couse!) at a monthly shoot, not in the summertime, so it does happen.

At Trailhead this past year they announced that if anybody came to the banquet in "civvies" they would not be eleigble for door prize drawings, and if they won an awaerd would not have their picture taken. The announcement was greeted with applause!

I'm guessing this thread goes 6 pages.......

Do you even read the trash you post?

You never said "some"-You said "most"!

Maybe YOU should "go back and read them".

Put the shovel down--

"If you don't like that-To bad!"

LG

I was generalizing so I edited my posts when all you defensive souls went off the deep end. LOL

I don't think BD is high....I think that he just doesn't like being ambushed and shot to pieces for expressing his opinion.

PWB

I took his comments to be a generalization, not an indictment of all shooters, or specific shooters (whether they are your good pards or not). whose are highly skilled.

Also, I realize that your comment about the moderators wasn't specifically aimed at BD, but he might think it was a threat to nail him specifically. This kind of thing doesn't really sound like you, but then, I don't know you personally PWB. Good to know, though, that you are feeling better this year.

Sounds like everyone is ganging up on this guy. Too bad..

Are you serious?

When was the last time you even shot a SASS match? You don't even belong to the SASS clubs that you say you do.

An entire group of folks were slammed by this clown--He set the fire!

LG

The full name is Back Diamond Bob. In the clubs I use Black Diamond to get all my name on the score sheets. At official competitions its the full name. I irritate you so much you have to go check up on me? LOL.

Black Diamond Bob, if you act like a troll, you might be taken for one.

Laz

I was generalizing so I edited my posts when all you defensive souls went off the deep end. LOL

Sorry....I think you are the one who is "off the deep end".

That's called 'back-peddling' by most. :lol:

LG

I am not a defensive soul like you say but you are being an ass

No, just your typical trollish posts, and not under your real SASS alias, plenty of room on the wire for your whole name.

Are you serious?

When was the last time you even shot a SASS match? You don't even belong to the SASS clubs that you say you do.

An entire group of folks were slammed by this clown--He set the fire!

LG

Oh yes its a conspiracy! Go to the sass pages and look up the scores in the clubs I shoot in. and all 3 shoots at founders and winter range. You will find my name going back 2 years. Oh, but maybe its a forgery like Obama's Birth certificate. LOLOLOL

well folks gotta go. have a nice day. I have un followed this post and wont be checking back or reading your comments. So go at it falling apart because you don't know any nasty good shooters and I do and can't take an opinion that is different than yours.

That last post sure sounded like a typical troll. Hey folks, if you ignore him, he might go away. Remember, DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

Laz

Oh yes its a conspiracy! Go to the sass pages and look up the scores in the clubs I shoot in. and all 3 shoots at founders and winter range. You will find my name going back 2 years. Oh, but maybe its a forgery like Obama's Birth certificate. LOLOLOL

Hey Einstein-I wasn't talk'n to you. :rolleyes:

I didn't quote you, did I?

Read'n comprehension, ain't your strong point-Huh :lol:

LG

well folks gotta go. have a nice day. I have un followed this post and wont be checking back or reading your comments. So go at it falling apart because you don't know any nasty good shooters and I do and can't take an opinion that is different than yours.

Yup-A troll for sure-Start a 'fire' and then run away like a coward---

LG

Out in So Cal, I shoot four or five matches a month and everyone dresses the part. My nephew who is new to the sport wore a tee shirt to a match a month or so ago and got an ear full from a number of folks, as he should have. He was dressed much better this month.

Well since the Troll has left maybe we can address the OP.

I would guess that the top gun shoot off was the day after the match and the shooter was out of costume. I don't think this is an indication of lax dress, but rather lax attention by match officials. I'm of the opinion that participants need to be in costume for all scheduled match activities.

I don't think clothes are changing. Some people dress up a lot, some do the bare minimum. When I started I read the SASS manual wrong so I dress as a classic cowboy. wind rag, knife, watch, spurs ,and vest. . by the time I figured it out I had all the stuff.

I don't think clothes are changing. Some people dress up a lot, some do the bare minimum. When I started I read the SASS manual wrong so I dress as a classic cowboy. wind rag, knife, watch, spurs ,and vest. . by the time I figured it out I had all the stuff.

Black Diamond Bob, welcome back with your polite and amusing post! That manual can be overwhelming to a new shooter!

Laz

ALERT. I WAS AWAY FOR THE LAST 2 DAYS AND MY SON HAS BEEN POSTING ON SASS NET FROM HIS COMPUTER> HE IS NOW DISINHERETED!. SORRY FOR ANY PROBLEMS JIMMY CAUSED.

Archived