SASS Wire Forum

Are clothing rules changing around the country?

Or you send me this nice little PM:

Phantom

Your the one who lives in the most backward state in the union teaparty NAZICON. KISS MY A$$

And yes folks, I modified the last word.

Cheers!

Phantom

why did you modify the animal Jesus rode on?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Phantom lives in the great State of Texas.

Think it is time for ole Black Diamond to mind his manors.

he really ticked me off. he didn't like my opinion so he attacked me personally. Go to traditional and modern plainsman thread. This guy has a major chip on his shoulder and yes , I blew up. he is really a coward

he really ticked me off. he didn't like my opinion so he attacked me personally. Go to traditional and modern plainsman thread. This guy has a major chip on his shoulder and yes , I blew up. he is really a coward

You seem to be the one stirring up most all the problems for what I can see.

I just try to take it serious. I want to look the part but nobody carries 6xlt western shirts. I have or can find everything else.

Rebel

Rebel, since my arthritis in my knees has gotten so bad I can't walk for exercise anymore, I now wear a 6X shirt. However, the Hamilton Dry Goods Cowboy Cooler shirts in 4X fit me ok. Jeans (either black or blue) with braces complete my current outfit, along with my hat and boots, and are SASS legal. I won't win any costume awards with my bride, but it works for shooting.

Laz

Thanks for the well thought out PM:

Phantom

Your the one who lives in the most backward state in the union teaparty NAZICON. KISS MY ASS

See ya at EOT!!!

Phantom

Reckon that BD is one of the very very few that I don't care to meet let alone posse with. Wow!

GG

Reckon that BD is one of the very very few that I don't care to meet let alone posse with. Wow!

GG

At first I thought he was high. Now I'm beginning to believe his doctor changed his meds and he's having a reaction. Nobody can go from zero to dickbag that quick.

GG

You got that right.

Think there might be more than a few of us would put him on that list.

At first I thought he was high. Now I'm beginning to believe his doctor changed his meds and he's having a reaction. Nobody can go from zero to dickbag that quick.

Oh man .... Oh man LOL! Just spit out my Corona!!

GG

I think the rules are perfect the way they are. Did they have a choice in the 1800's? No.

We shouldn't either in my opinion. We're talking about our heritage here.

I am a BIG and Tall man. I can't find clothing from that period to fit me as of yet from anywhere.

Therefore out of respect I do not attend the matches although I very much want to.

Rebel Roach

SASS #100451

had my oldest son and his girl friend start shooting with me nether one had any cowboy clothes told them to were as close to it as they could. At the match they started catching grief, old Dad step in told the person to leave them alone and that I told them to dress like that. It was their first shoot and I thought it was far far more important for them to shoot then to dress. the offending party keep it up till I told him to back the F*** off or I would get him 86 permanently from that range for being an ass hole, he shut up.

New shooter I do not expect them to come dress in appropriate attire the first time I will even give them a couple of months, but if it is an experience shooter I do expect the minimum

Come shoot with me YOU DO NOT NEED TO DRESS THE PART AT FIRST you are missing to much fun

Once again, what I mentioned earlier would be seen as "taking it seriously". If you want to shoot, don't hold yourself to unreasonable standards. You can always modify as you go. Once you start going to matches and meeting folks you'll find that, "so and so's wife is a seamstress and she makes all his clothing and for others on the side."

Now go get a hat, for what I suspect is a HUGE melon of a head, tie a hanky around your neck, and go shooting! ;)

Fillmore

You may even find a cowboy who can sew you a shirt or two.

Just sayin...

Rebel,

Men can sew. I took home ed. in HS and learned. I know several cowboys that sew. When my wife was learning to sew I got her the "Sewing For Dummies" book and van recommend it. Not saying you are a dummy, I love the books, it explains things in easy to understand terms.

Another way to learn to sew and something I have looked into. Check out classes at the local sewing machine/fabric supply store.

Ruff I have 4 sewing machines

Howdy The Shoer,

I have one or rather my wife has the one that my mother gave her that belonged to my grandmother. But I have access to it. Do you sew? Or are they for something else?

+1

I just feel sorry for those good folks in NM that have to shoot with him.

Yes I lost my cool. BUT it all stared because you disagreed with an opinion so you all attacked me personally. It seems there is a lack of sophistication here as to how to hold a proper debate. So I will be on Sass net to only buy or sell guns or to ask questions. Debate is out of the question in this good ole boy network

Yes I lost my cool. BUT it all stared because you disagreed with an opinion so you all attacked me personally. It seems there is a lack of sophistication here as to how to hold a proper debate. So I will be on Sass net to only buy or sell guns or to ask questions. Debate is out of the question in this good ole boy network

Life's tough. Bye.

GG

I cut my teeth sewing car apholstery and furniture apholstery. In high school, I was involved in drama stuff and sewed a lot doing that as well.

It wasn't until I started doing CW stuff about 12 years ago that I got back into sewing. I have kept doing it for our cowboy clothes.

Doing men's shirts is a whole lot easier than women's corsets. Did one. I buy all my wife's corsets now.

So this is SOMEONE else's fault.

Guess problems at the range is always someone else's fault also.

I'm gonna get someone to sew some shirts for me I recon. Thank you guys fer all the help. I gotta get out to the matches soon !

Rebel

Here's my horrible...personal...attack:

The best way to save tax money is to eliminate government "Jobs"...

Your opinion of SASS/CAS dying...dress codes...top shooters...indicate to me, that you live a very interesting bubble.

Enjoy your bubble.

Phantom

Rebel...

Another thought...sometimes, at fabric shops, there will be a place where local folks pin up ads saying that they can make this or that. Alterations, whatever...

Might be another place where you can find someone to make something as well.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This is why I love Phantom, just tell it like it is!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rebel,

Another place to find someone to sew. Check out the local dry cleaners that do alterations, also wedding shops.

Your the pot-stir'n troll here, Black Diamond-

FOLKS-Quote everything this troll sez-He goes back and changes his posts-then DB blames his own son for the postings. Yeah BD, your a fine example of the 'cowboy-way'-NOT. <_<

Your burn'n allot of bridges here--

LG

Ok Ok...I'm heading to the store. The wife and I are gonna buy a sewing machine and some fabric !

Can't take it anymore !! :D

Rebel

Here's my horrible...personal...attack:

Your opinion of SASS/CAS dying...dress codes...top shooters...indicate to me, that you live a very interesting bubble.

Enjoy your bubble.

Phantom

And it DOES NOT address any of those issues. It just is a putdown on my profession and me and saying I don't live in reality. That reminds me what high schoolers do. Very frustrating and I was getting that all day. ADDRESS THE INDIVIDUAL ISSUES. I guess that is too much to ask for.

And it DOES NOT address any of those issues. It just is a putdown on my profession and me and saying I don't live in reality. That reminds me what high schoolers do. Very frustrating and I was getting that all day. ADDRESS THE INDIVIDUAL ISSUES. I guess that is too much to ask for.

A put down on your profession?

I didn't know you were the government...

And yes, some folks live in a bubble.

Cheers!

Phantom

PS: See ya at EOT!!!!

Post what he said or it didn't happen--- <_<

I know, and have shot with Phantom many a time. He's among the best-

Does more for SASS in a day than you will do in a life time.

BD-If you can't control your temper any better than that(your PM to Phantom)--MAYBE, you shouldn't even be around firearms........

LG

BD-If you can't control your temper any better than that(your PM to Phantom)--MAYBE, you shouldn't even be around firearms........

LG

Here's the horrible post...

Enjoy your bubble.

Phantom

A put down on your profession?

I didn't know you were the government...

And yes, some folks live in a bubble.

Cheers!

Phantom

PS: See ya at EOT!!!!

You know I worked for the government and that is why you said that. So what is your opinion on the change demographics and how they will change SASS. or your experience is different with the top shooters . Or are you just gonna continue insulting me. And explain to me why you are so infuriated that I have experienced different things than you. Don't get me wrong. I love sass and one of those shades you will be under at eot was donated by me. I put my money where my mouth is.

Rebel,

When you are out, look for simplicity pattern 2895:

http://www.simplicity.com/p-1806-men-costumes.aspx

It has patterns up to 52" chest. Lengthening a pattern is easy and there will be instructions included on how to do that. The book includes shirt, vest, and coat patterns.

The shirt is fairly easy to make, even for beginners.

Buckaroo bobbins has shirts up to 60" chest

http://www.buckaroobobbins.com/index_files/Page364.htm

LG

Think you nailed it.

From what I hear. He is not safe to be around on the range either.

You know I worked for the government and that is why you said that. So what is your opinion on the change demographics and how they will change SASS. or your experience is different with the top shooters . Or are you just gonna continue insulting me. And explain to me why you are so infuriated that I have experienced different things than you. Don't get me wrong. I love sass and one of those shades you will be under at eot was donated by me. I put my money where my mouth is.

Sorry...I don't know any Top Shooters.

Don't see why I was "so infuriated"...but thanks for the laugh.

And nope...I never put any $$$$ or time into this game. If I did, I wouldn't broadcast it.

Cheers!

Phantom

PS: See ya at EOT!!!!!

So much for the original thread. Wasn't a bad thread, just a simple question. One "pard" :huh: turns it into a urine distance contest.........

The moderators should shut this thing down now.

Black Diamond, I hope I never am forced to posse with you......ever.

CS

Archived