SASS Wire Forum

Are clothing rules changing around the country?

I participate in another social media site where folks post pictures and videos. I happened to catch a video recently that featured a top gun shoot-out at an annual match. I was surprised to see one of the participants wearing a t-shirt with what appeared to be a company logo.

I know stuck out here on the West Coast, we miss some of the nuances around the country. Are the clothing requirements being loosened?

Fillmore

PS, I shoot at some clubs where it gets in the 100's during the summer months and I am aware of "Island Shoots" that occur occasionally.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....haven't seen anything like that in these parts...of course I am not the most active shooter these days, but at my last few matches all were dressed the part in what is allowed.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I participate in another social media site where folks post pictures and videos. I happened to catch a video recently that featured a top gun shoot-out at an annual match. I was surprised to see one of the participants wearing a t-shirt with what appeared to be a company logo.

I know stuck out here on the West Coast, we miss some of the nuances around the country. Are the clothing requirements being loosened?

Fillmore

PS, I shoot at some clubs where it gets in the 100's during the summer months and I am aware of "Island Shoots" that occur occasionally.

NO

Clothing with advertising of any kind (except for the small manufacturers label) is NOT allowed.

Las Vegas is 20 degrees warmer than you.

My experience is that the best shooters only care about wining and spend little time on clothing or the cowboy way. most of them wear the same outfit at every shoot.

Sorry, my friend, but you are dead wrong! While the "best shooters" may not always be dressed to the 9's or might be in the habit of wearing their favorite outfit more than you would prefer, they do in fact exemplify the Cowboy Way much more often than the average shooter. I'd respectfully suggest you get a little more experience before making such comments.

My experience is that the best shooters only care about wining and spend little time on clothing or the cowboy way. most of them wear the same outfit at every shoot.

Maybe you need a bit more experience around "best shooters" (and a spelling lesson) before making such a broad statement as that.

<_<

Not the TOP shooters in these parts.

Sorry, my friend, but you are dead wrong! While the "best shooters" may not always be dressed to the 9's or might be in the habit of wearing their favorite outfit more than you would prefer, they do in fact exemplify the Cowboy Way much more often than the average shooter. I'd respectfully suggest you get a little more experience before making such comments.

That might be YOUR experience. It is not MY experience. MY experience cant be wrong because it is MY experience. I have shot at 10 clubs in New Mexico Including founders ranch and winter range in AZ. and MY experience shows me what I see. Also lot of them are POOR team players and do not follow the cowboy way are arrogant and not well liked based on MY experience. Apparently YOUR experience is different. viva la difference

That might be YOUR experience. It is not MY experience. MY experience cant be wrong because it is MY experience. I have shot at 10 clubs in New Mexico Including founders ranch and winter range in AZ. and MY experience shows me what I see. Also lot of them are POOR team players and do not follow the cowboy way are arrogant and not well liked based on MY experience. Apparently YOUR experience is different. viva la difference

Put down the shovel and step away from the keyboard.

<_<

You have a sucky experience. Mine is absolutely opposite of yours - the top shooters here are respectful, helpful, and guide new shooters with the 'cowboy way'. As a matter of fact it was on of the top shooters here that got me back in the sport. I think PWB is on the right track ;)

I wear the same clothes to every shoot too, a LOT of shooter do

<_<

<_<

Excellent advice my friend;)

"I don't always step in it, but when I do!!) LOL.

Regards,

Ringer

Posted · Hidden by Doc Faraday, SASS #5749, May 5, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Doc Faraday, SASS #5749, May 5, 2014 - No reason given

<_<

as soon as you do. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. If your gonna give, learn to take it. Apparently you don't like criticism or different opinions. Ever think about moving to Iran?

I've been blessed to posse with many of the best shooters in the east, and my experience is vastly different than yours. In fact lots of good shooters are also match directors and TGs. You know, the guys that give back to the game.

Fillmore

Fillmore, I've not seen it here or anywhere I can recall?? Just shot the US Open everybody looked old timey ;)

Regards,

Ringer

Some of the FAST shooters tend to not be as into the dressing up part as I and some others are. Not so much at my home club but at some others I have been to in the last 10 years, But it has been my experience that the TOP shooters are some of the most helpful people and tend to follow the "cowboy way" better than most. Most of these FAST shooters would love to become TOP shooters. Maybe by then they will hone their attitude a bit and become more team players.

Posted · Hidden by Doc Faraday, SASS #5749, May 5, 2014 - trying to salvage this topic
Hidden by Doc Faraday, SASS #5749, May 5, 2014 - trying to salvage this topic

as soon as you do. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. If your gonna give, learn to take it. Apparently you don't like criticism or different opinions. Ever think about moving to Iran?

I can take it just fine...but if you insist on trash-talking friends of mine base on your "vast experience", I'm sure that the moderators will be here shortly.

I have no plans to relocate.

Let me clarify. I am a member of 4 clubs We have some nice and respectful to shooters here and they really put a lot in the club. because he's such an asset to SASS I will name him. Mica McGuire. but we have some who show up just in time to shoot and leaves the minute it's over and never helps clean up and they hold state championships. They yell to be relieved and are generally a prima donas. there are a couple of other champions who are arrogant and prima donnas that I was told to stay away from by people and sure enough they are real asses. 99% of all the other cow folk are great people. But that being said, 10% of the people cause 90% of the problems

Posted · Hidden by Doc Faraday, SASS #5749, May 5, 2014 - trying to salvage this topic

I can take it just fine...but if you insist on trash-talking friends of mine base on your "vast experience", I'm sure that the moderators will be here shortly.

I have no plans to relocate.

I named no names so I have "trash talked" nobody. The truth is the truth. that cannot be changed.

Sir, do you really think suggesting PWB get out of the kitchen and move to Iran is exemplifying the "Cowboy Way" you speak of? Please either lead by example or step aside.

I named no names so I have "trash talked" nobody. The truth is the truth. that cannot be changed.

You denigrated an entire class of shooters...many of whom I consider friends. No names needed when you generalize as you did.

Consider that your "truth" might just be a reflection of your OWN attititude.

At least one of the local clubs has a dress down season as it get HHH here. And yes, I have ONE outfit for this. I'm expanding after I get my guns situated. I do have a spiffy new hat, though.

Sir, do you really think suggesting PWB get out of the kitchen and move to Iran is exemplifying the "Cowboy Way" you speak of? Please either lead by example or step aside.

I am suggesting using colloquialism's that his opinion is equal to mine and using colloquialisms he was telling me to shut up. I thought that was intolerant and he should consider moving to where intolerance is a way of life. that is all.

It's already over 100 so we are in our clothing optional mode. :)

My eyes................... My eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You denigrated an entire class of shooters...many of whom I consider friends. No names needed when you generalize as you did.

LOL I am not alone in that opinion. it is a view widely held and has been iterated to me by others many times.

Are you high???

Are you high???

nope. just blunt as hell. A lot of people don't like that. too bad.

That remark is an insult to all shooters :excl: YOUR DEAD WRONG :excl:

You haven't been in the game long enough to know--Stop pass'n on what you haven't seen and only heard about.

LG

Not the TOP shooters in these parts.

I haven't seen it around here either. If I did, I think I'd have to speak up, consequences or not.

Fillmore

Started watching Jim Finch vids on the net...joined SASS ...read the wire for months in detail...liked what I read about safety...went to a intro meeting with the Tejas Cabelleros (great guys) they gave me a free shoot card....showed up dragging my stuff...they sold me a loaner club cart...everyone there was a top shooter compared to me...had a blast...bought beautiful pistols recently from Slick McCade (top shooter IMHO) he was patient and generous with advice...equipment....gunsmiths etc...Allie Mo helped me learn posting ..avatars..numerous others PM'ed with advice...the New Mexico crew helped me get online....went to Plumb Creek Shooting Society Saturday(what a beautiful range they have built)...had another blast....met SASS numero uno...Judge Roy Bean..rocked on the porch with him for over an hour..swapped stories... thanked him for turning my Saturdays into real fun when they came up with this crazy game so many years ago in California....These are my experiences...having a blast...meeting cool people...sorry about your experiences.....maybe you should start shooting in my category....SLOW AND INACCURATE....

I wear the same clothes to every shoot too, a LOT of shooter do

I did the same thing, but found that I needed to wash them in between shoots.

People started to call me gamey.

It was the smell they were talking about, right???

I am by no means a top (or even fast) shooter. But I have shot with many of the top names in this sport. I have very rarely seen a "TOP SHOOTER" who did not exemplify the cowboy way. This includes World, National, and State Champions. I have seen "wannabe" "

"top shooters" who were the exact opposite, and most likely because of their attitudes, will never be a TOP SHOOTER.

I fully support Palewolf's comments. You've painted a pretty broad brush across some of the greatest folks around, and additionally slammed a gentleman whom I consider a friend, Palewolf Brunelle. You might want to do as he suggested, and step away from the keyboard. You're digging yourself a hole and pulling the dirt in on top of yourself.

Laz

That remark is an insult to all shooters :excl: YOUR DEAD WRONG :excl:

You haven't been in the game long enough to know--Stop pass'n on what you haven't seen and only heard about.

LG

It is NOT to insult shooters. IT IS MY EXPERICE.I know what I see and I was talking about SOME of the better shooters. and it is held by others. Apparently you have not read ALL my posts. Go back and read them

nope. just blunt as hell. A lot of people don't like that. too bad.

More like, plain RUDE :excl:

Learn the difference--

LG

Archived