SASS Wire Forum

Do You Continue To Wear Your Pistols After The Stage?

Cypress Sun

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At my home club, we have quite a few folks who dont want to wear their revolvers all day, they put them in holsters mounted on guncarts and put them in the boxes of their guncarts. The host gun club did not like folks handling their revolvers behind the line and to be honest some folks were pretty sloppy about putting them in the boxes of guncarts, muzzle would be pointed down but as gun got closer to box folks would straighten them sometimes sweeping people, personally I dont like being swept, anyway to make everybody happy we put a extra table on each bay and also we made it to where shooters who want to take their guns off or out of holsters park their cart near side berm and make it easier to handle guns without sweeping folks.

Being swept with a long gun in a guncart with action open is really no big deal part of life as a cowboy action shooter but being swept by a shooter holding the guns is a big deal anywhere and anytime.

AO

I made some cart holsters about a year ago & put my revolvers in them when not shooting. It takes a huge load off the belt & I can tell a big difference in how tired I am at the end of 6 stages.

Holler

Four Pages, Seven Members following this thread......WOW

I could tell you again what I do with my pistols.........but I won't

I could tell you that Cypress Sun started this OP to covertly ask the question about dropping a pistol by a non active shooter being a SDQ..........but you wouldn't believe me

Carry on :D

I like wearin my pistols. I keep them on from the parking lot until I either take a shower or have to have to go out in public (IE if I stop for gas on the way home). I've even done chores and gardening work (If you can call moving dirt to the garden for the wife 'gardening work') with my guns still on. Maybe the novelty will wear off eventually.

Oh and I have the same problem someone else mentioned that I'm on the last notch on the belt and the weight of the guns will tend to pull the belt down. My solution to that was to put a regular belt on under it and tie the 2 together with a leather strap. It probably looks funny, but I never see me from that angle anyway. It'll work till I get around to buying a new rig.

What was the question? :lol:

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Uh…Maryann or Ginger??

White or wheat bread.

Uh…Maryann or Ginger??

Rye Miles,

I believe I answered that years ago right on this very Wire.

I will reiterate...

...Why choose?

:lol:

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Miracle Whip or Hellmanns

Wyatt...which "Mayo" did you sink yesterday...Miracle Whip or Hellmanns?

I wear mine. Nowadays this is as close to exercise as i get outside of chasing kids. I'm just adding a little weight for strength training :D

So... I'm over by my gun cart taking my pistols out of my holsters to put them away and you go to the TO or PM and tell him that I swept you while you backed into my gun cart. You're saying that I would then get a SDQ?

And that is why, when I am going to lunch, I walk over to a loading or unloading table, and unbuckle my gunbelt and lower it with the guns still in the holsters onto the table. Then I roll up the entire rig and walk over to my cart, with the muzzles pointing straight down, and stow them in the cart. After lunch I walk over to a loading or unloading table with the rig, pull the guns out of the holsters, lay them on the table pointing in a safe direction, buckle the gun belt on, then holster my guns. Nobody gets swept with anything.

And no, I do not consider myself better than anybody, I just like wearing my pistols and feel silly walking around with empty holsters.

I've got one of those 4-gun wooden pistol racks from The Cowboy Shop. Fits the rugged gear gun carts

my revolvers stay in same orientation as I pull them from the holsters and straight down into the rack. Don't sweep anything using this.

Find them on this page: http://www.cowboyshooterssupply.com/carts.html

Cypress Sun I shot with you and your father many times at Doddle Hill Good see you still out there making trouble Is The Sun Tan Kid still playing the game? I wear guns from the I get to the shoot til the time I pack up to leave. Just love the way they feel

Idaho

Cypress Sun I shot with you and your father many times at Doddle Hill Good see you still out there making trouble Is The Sun Tan Kid still playing the game? I wear guns from the I get to the shoot til the time I pack up to leave. Just love the way they feel

Idaho

Hey Idaho, good to hear you're still kickin'. :P Yep, Sun Tan is still out there shooting his 7 1/2" .45's. Still does the long distance running too with his wife. I'll probably see him on Saturday at the match.........I'll tell him Hello for ya if you want.

CS

I killed a squirrel with a stick once.

I saw a three legged 'yote on my way to Butterfield Gulch last week.

Yep and besides we might get attacked and I'd need them... :P

That's a good one. :lol:

Bad back means they are in the gun cart between stages.

Do feel funny when I get to loading table without them, though. Old age is wonderful!

I'll remember to look for that one CR. :P:lol:

I wear mine full time. Since the weight is no issue for me, I fall into the group that says its just plain fun to do and looks that part ta boot.

That being said, I've got a couple pair of cart holsters coming for just in case I take a notion to do so...... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I ware my shoot'n irons all the time when I'm at a shoot, their part of my costume.

Good guy's and bad guy's ALWAYS go healed!

(go's fer da lady's too)

Well I would just wear them, but since i just started and I share them with my wife I can only wear them half the time. We trade them off at the un-loading table though so no sweeping anything...

Archived