SASS Wire Forum

Ohio State Championship & The Fight on Cancer

Samuel "Doc" Eells

I lost my mom to cancer, and Buick lost his brother to it as well, not to mention quite a few other relatives on both sides.....it's tha least I cud do fer such a worthy cause!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buick taint full/queen size...... :P:P :P

jus a simple little quilt I threw together after readin' this fer tha first time....it's nuttin' fancy, but it's cowboy themed and I put the name and dates of tha match on it. Ifn' I had known yu fellas did this I wudda tried ta come up with something a little more traditional, but three weeks taint a hole lotta time!

I sure look forward to meeting you and thanking you in person.....Ill be doing my best to extend some "buckeye" hospitality. Thanks for such a kind donation.

Thanks Calico...it's wonderful how people keep stepping up. Doc and I are always pleased, but never amazed at the generosity of the Cowboy/girl nation.

Thanks much...I hope to get there to meet you.

KK

after she meets Me!!!! :P:P :P :P:D:D

after she meets Me!!!! :P:P :P :P:D:D

hey Purdy boy.....go easy on that hospitality of yours........boy are we all in for some fun.

Mary.....I love ya girl! Buick, don't worry, I don't mean like that! A quilt....that is absolutely awesome! Karl is right, we are always grateful for the generosity of folks. People helping people is what makes the world go round! Thank you so much!

OK Folks, we have Calico Mary spending a month making a quilt for the fundraiser. A challenge, what can you come up with to donate or cash for this worthy cause?

I had already pledged 1,000 38 cases, make that 2,000 38 cases and 1,000 38 boolits!

Step up folks, what have you?

Only a week and a day away til the fun begins....

Thanks cheyenne 4 all the help it is much appreciated

With all the great prizes you may have to go to two decks of cards, one red backed and one blue backed so as to not limit the number of 'tickets' that can be sold to just 52!

With all the great prizes you may have to go to two decks of cards, one red backed and one blue backed so as to not limit the number of 'tickets' that can be sold to just 52!

Funny you should say that Dave!!!! ALL STAY TUNED FOR A POSSIBLE MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT! THERE IS ANOTHER DEAL IN THE WORKINGS!!!! Shy Annie, I too thank ya! The old saying is that brass ain't gold, but it is gettin right close to it! Mary, I am still floored by your generosity! I am gettin all mushy over this one! Thanks ya'll!!!!!!

I'll do some digging, but I will probably be able to bring a good quantity of quality 45 cal cast bullets, and maybe some primers to donate to the cause.......

And maybe a couple pounds of some real black powder too

OK ya'll, here it goes! We now have in our little fat fingers, another firearm to raffle off as part of the cancer fundraiser! Yep, ya heard it here first! Along with the Para Expert Carry .45, we now will be raffling off a Ruger LC9!!!!! 52 chances per gun will be sold, that is all, so get them as soon as you get to the match!

Grizz, I am not sure what the match is doing as far as tickets or what for all the door prizes for the shoot. I stepped aside as match director and gave full control of the reigns to my more than capable pards Mean Gun and Boaz. The guns are for the cancer fundraiser that Korupt Karl and I have done for a number of years. Perhaps check with Mean Gun on the Ohio State shoot thread and see what his thoughts are on the shoot raffle. Or, just pump all your cash into winning one of these fine firearms!!!!

Grizz,

Each entrance gets 5 tickets for the larger prizes to place at their discretion. Also included is one ticket for the other prizes. These are included w/shoot fees. However if you would want more chances on larger prizes, extra tickets will be $5 for 6 or $20 for 25.

Grizz, I am not sure what the match is doing as far as tickets or what for all the door prizes for the shoot. I stepped aside as match director and gave full control of the reigns to my more than capable pards Mean Gun and Boaz. The guns are for the cancer fundraiser that Korupt Karl and I have done for a number of years. Perhaps check with Mean Gun on the Ohio State shoot thread and see what his thoughts are on the shoot raffle. Or, just pump all your cash into winning one of these fine firearms!!!!

I'm sorry, I guess I misunderstood then. I thought Calico's quilt and the other prizes volunteered in this thread were specifically for the fight on cancer raffle(s). Or maybe I am still confused.

I know that organizing things like this can be a challenge and that the details are often unsettled until the last minute. I'll just give Calico and Buick some cash to buy me some tickets and let them figure out how to spread it out among the different fight on cancer raffles.

OH, OH, OH YEP! Sorry Grizz! Yes, the quilt, the brass and all is for the cancer fundraiser! It was 5:45 am when I saw and responded to your post. Very little coffee in the veins at that hour!!!!! We will most likely hold an auction for these items. That is what we have done in the past years. The raffle for firearms is new this year!

Speaking of firearms......this just keeps getting better and bigger! CIMARRON FIREARMS HAS JOINED IN AS A SPONSOR FOR THIS CANCER FUNDRAISER!!!!!!! I am getting ready to call them to find out just what kind of a deal they are ready to make! Man am I excited! I am so overwhelmed by everyone's generosity! Renews my hope for mankind it does. Of coarse, this is the world of cowboy action shooting, I should not be surprised!

One slight problem with that idea....we're not bringin' tha truck....my car gits much better mileage....and after I'z dun packin' clothes there wunt be room fer Grizz..... :lol:

Yes indeed Grizz, they are sending, should arrive Monday, a pair or Evil Roy's, 7 1/2 inch .45's! Not sure how I failed to mention that! Oh, wait, I can see how I failed to mention it as I am suffering from part timers!

Archived