SASS Wire Forum

Ohio State Championship & The Fight on Cancer

Samuel "Doc" Eells

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I finished tha hand sewing on tha binding on tha way ta tha shoot yesterday.....ifn' tha stitches on that one corner taint perfectly straight I blames it on tha poor condition of Highway 85 (it desperately needs re-pavin')...... :blink::unsure:;)

EMF GWII 4 3/4bbl in .357. Blue with color case finish. That is the latest firearm to be donated! Now, we are out of our allotted time at the Ohio State Shoot, so, we are gonna hit the boys in Middletown up to see if we can raffle it off at Guns of August! A great big thanks to our ANONYMOUS donor!

Doc, wow, people are great in this game!

I am in for the LC9 and Evil Roys, Calico has the cash.

I think you're gonna blow right past your goal again! Good for you!

You got it Grizz! I will try to track Calico Mary down asap as to catch her before she spends your green backs on whiskey and wild men! Thanks for your support. Just a quick note, if coming from out of state, and you want to get in on this gun raffle, bring a copy of your local FFL's license. It will speed up the process of getting the gun to you!

NOW ya tell me.....dunt noz ifn' we gots time ta git ahold of Luther before then.....still tuu much ta do and we'z down ta two days....in less than 48 hours we'z gonna be on tha road seein' ifn' Grizz iz tellin' me tha truth bout there bein' life east of the Colorado border..... :unsure:;) Can't wait!!!!

Mary, if ya can't get a copy of the FFL, we can hold the guns, if ya win, and send them when we get the FFL!

I am really excited about this fundraiser! I got home from work today only to find an email from a gal with the American Cancer Society-Relay For Life! She and her husband will be coming to the shoot and hangin out at the cancer side match then staying for the steak dinner and gun raffle! How awesome is that I ask!!!!!

Got a message from Mose and Bella Spencer of Gold Rush Sights, they are sending $50 for the buckaroo and buckarettes to shoot the fundraiser stage! Mose has been a big part of this shoot for a good number of years. Now, even though he is unable to be with us this year, he is still being generous! Thanks Mose and Bella!!!!!!

Well, tomorrow after work I head to the range. I will not have internet, I don't think, so I will just sign off and say.......see ya there!

Bdoc and I will be loading up the truck and heading out today. This will be our first time at the Ohio St Championship. Count us in for a few of those side match runs. I'm looking forward to meeting new shooters and putting a face and voice to my wire friends.

John Barleycorn & Bdoc

Our total was a bit over $4,200. We can't thank you all enough....from the ones who shot the stage, bought cards for the guns and for those that made donations, brought items for auction and helped in so many ways. The money goes to the Relay For Life for Miami county and none of the money will go for administrative costs. It will all go for research and/or to help those effected by this terrible disease.

The winners of the guns: Para 1911.....Panhandle Ranger

Ruger LC9....Buick

Pair of Evil Roy 45's....Cheyenne Culpepper.

Thanks TK for all the additional help....Doc and Karl.

Karl got home before I did! Hey, I echo what Karl said. To all who were in anyway involved, be it donations, bidding, buying cards, donating items, shooting the stage....thank you so much! Karl and I have a real passion for this fundraiser and I can't tell you all how many times you all forced me to choke back the tears! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Archived