SASS Wire Forum

Ohio State Championship & The Fight on Cancer

Samuel "Doc" Eells

As some, or maybe a lot of you know, Korupt Karl and I have had a little fundraiser to help fight cancer for the past 4 years at Guns of August. To date, we have raised just short of $6000!!!! This year, we are taking the cause to the Ohio State Championship, Shootout at Hard Times! We are taking this fight to a new level with a goal of $3000! On side match day, we will be running an "All Round Cowboy's Fightin Cancer" stage! The Miami Valley Cowboys are supplying a plaque for the top cowboy, cowgirl, buckaroo and buckarette on this stage! The cost will be $5 per chance to shoot it with all proceeds goin to the local cancer society! Also at this match, we will be raffling off one, and maybe 2 firearms! For sure we will have a Para Ordnance Expert Carry, already in my possession, and it will go home with some lucky shooter! We are still working on what else we may have to raffle or auction off, but am sure we will have some cool stuff! On side match day, bring a stack of 5ers and be ready to help in the fight! See you all in Piqua on Memorial Day weekend!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that in our daily routine we get hit up for donations all of the time and Doc and I don't want to infringe on anyone and their own personal charities as I know that many of you are very generous in your own way. If we all reflect on our lives, our family and our friends, this terrible disease continues to impact our lives. I recently looked at the SASS wire and saw the many prayer requests for those who are fighting the fight and for those that have lost.

If you can help we would appreciate your contribution.

KK

$5 per shooter,per attempt? Ill be the first in line with 4 runs for a a starter $20 bill...lets get er started!

Heeee Haaaa Mean Gun Mark..I'll be right behind ya with my$20.00.. :D

Heeee Haaaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

....you know I'll be there....how could I not follow these three into battle? Look forward to seeing you guys.

KK

Count me In! I got my $20 ready. I just don't know if I can shoot a stage 4 times without a nap.

These two cowboys are the most selfless cowboys I know. They worked their bu$$s off at the NRA Convention, and, here they are immediately working hard again for a cause that gains them nothing personally. You two guys are the "Cowboy Way". I am proud to know you.

KCD

Count me In! I got my $20 ready. I just don't know if I can shoot a stage 4 times without a nap.

These two cowboys are the most selfless cowboys I know. They worked their bu$$s off at the NRA Convention, and, here they are immediately working hard again for a cause that gains them nothing personally. You two guys are the "Cowboy Way". I am proud to know you.

KCD

KCD; Tried to send you this pm, but your mailbox won't take messages, so here it is:

Thanks for the kind words....Doc and I are very motivated. As with most of us it has and does hit close to home. Cancer sucks.

Thanks for your support.

KK

A couple a $20's headin your way from Kaya and I. A chance to shoot more? For a great cause to boot? Oh, you know she'll be blastin ammo!

I have been at this match for 5 years straight I think .

I do regret missing it this year .

Outlaw entertainment is proud to call this match a friend. :)

Although I can not attend this year we will be there in heart .

Doc I am sending you some money to let some folks "shoot one on me" and a free pair of "SEE MO" brass wrap sights to the first person to beat Docs Time :lol:

Thanks for all you do.

MOSE

Mose you are truly a great man! You and Bella....I am proud to call friend. It was tough missing my first US Open this weekend. Your generosity really touches me and will touch a lot of lives! All I can say is thanks. I will surely miss having you with us this year. Again my friend, I thank you and Bella for your generous donation my man! Talk to ya soon buddy!

Since my diagnosis of cancer, I have never seen such an outpouring of kindness and prayer by pards (most, who I've never met). I will not be able to make the shoot, but if someone would be so kind to PM me an address, I would be more than happy to send along a donation for someone to shoot in my place. Please let me know where to send the gold.

Sounds like Buffy is ready to try for the Para .45!!!!!

It's in the bag.....not the black bag I hope....lol.

Since my diagnosis of cancer, I have never seen such an outpouring of kindness and prayer by pards (most, who I've never met). I will not be able to make the shoot, but if someone would be so kind to PM me an address, I would be more than happy to send along a donation for someone to shoot in my place. Please let me know where to send the gold.

I'll send you a pm and get the gold to DOC.....Thanks so much for your support.

Korupt Karl

PGFH; I want to thank you as a fellow Vietnam Vet and as a supporter of the fight we all battle against cancer. I also open an opportunity for anyone else who is unable to attend but would like to support our fight.

You can send your contributions to:

Karl Peterson aka: "Korupt Karl"

P O Box 15746

Ft Wayne, In 46815

Make the checks payable to "Cancer" and once again thanks for the support.

PGFH, Prayers for you pard! Your "gold" will be much appreciated! We are all touched in one way or another by this dreaded disease, that is why Karl and I do what we do! I truly hope that you recover and are able to make it to our little match someday! Karl, thanks man!

So many have seen the recent post from Korupt Karl about his wife. Makes this fundraiser just that much more meaningful. Please come prepared to help!

I'll donate 1,000 38 cases to the cause to be auctioned off.

sign me up to shoot right after Doc,,,,hehe

Raffle and door prize are my two best events. :wacko:

Mine too, though I rarely win them either.

Let me know how much raffle tickets are and I'll send some cash with Calico and Buick, just make sure she puts my name on the tickets, that Calico is sneaky...

Grizz, We are gonna sell a deck of cards @ $20 per card. That is only 52 chances to win!!! I do not know Calico and Buick, but I will keep a close eye on em!!!!!!!

a red one!

Received a check from Paladin today....thanks much pard....someone will be shooting on you and I do believe that will be SPUD.

Thanks again.

KK

Grizz, We are gonna sell a deck of cards @ $20 per card. That is only 52 chances to win!!! I do not know Calico and Buick, but I will keep a close eye on em!!!!!!!

Doc, I'm in for at least one card, maybe two, it will depend on how much cash I have in my wallet Saturday when I see Calico and Buick. In in unlikely event that I do win something I'll be happy to cover any transfer and shipping costs if Calico and Buick can't just bring the prize back to me.

I have a little something for the raffle fer ya......

ok, mebbe not so little...more like full/queen size.....but shud make a nice little momento fer someone willin' ta spring fer a ticket ;)

Buick taint full/queen size...... :P:P :P

jus a simple little quilt I threw together after readin' this fer tha first time....it's nuttin' fancy, but it's cowboy themed and I put the name and dates of tha match on it. Ifn' I had known yu fellas did this I wudda tried ta come up with something a little more traditional, but three weeks taint a hole lotta time!

Buick taint full/queen size...... :P:P :P

jus a simple little quilt I threw together after readin' this fer tha first time....it's nuttin' fancy, but it's cowboy themed and I put the name and dates of tha match on it. Ifn' I had known yu fellas did this I wudda tried ta come up with something a little more traditional, but three weeks taint a hole lotta time!

You're a real peach!!! That's a nice thing ya did there Mary! ;)

Archived