SASS Wire Forum

I was almost killed yesterday....

Dorado

This weekend was the Pate Automotive Swap Meet. I had enough parts and things to sell and so I got a spot and sold some things. On my way home, I was following a semi-trailer when the driver suddenly swerved and jack-knifed his truck as a blue car came blazing by going the wrong way down the highway. Almost hit my family and I. I don't think she was more than 5 ft away from us when we dodged her. Found out she hit another family. Killed 4 people including herself, a 4 year old girl is in the hospital in critical condition. Turns out the driver of that car was a Justice of the Peace.

A bit more info here

Y'all be safe out there.

If that semi hadn't had been in front of us she might have hit us head on. She was easily doing 80mph. Toxicology showed no alcohol or drugs in her system.

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

The Good Lord was with you and your family; my prayers for the ones not as fortunate. My horror has always been a wrong way driver on an Inter State.

Hoss C.

This weekend was the Pate Automotive Swap Meet. I had enough parts and things to sell and so I got a spot and sold some things. On my way home, I was following a semi-trailer when the driver suddenly swerved and jack-knifed his truck as a blue car came blazing by going the wrong way down the highway. Almost hit my family and I. I don't think she was more than 5 ft away from us when we dodged her. Found out she hit another family. Killed 4 people including herself, a 4 year old girl is in the hospital in critical condition. Turns out the driver of that car was a Justice of the Peace.

A bit more info here

Y'all be safe out there.

If that semi hadn't had been in front of us she might have hit us head on. She was easily doing 80mph. Toxicology showed no alcohol or drugs in her system.

Thank God man y'all are ok.... Sorry for that family though...

GG

The initial reports say that she may have had a mental break down. The family she killed is believed to be from this area. Supposed to be an update on the news about this tonight. Hopefully they'll have an explanation. I know it won't help the families she destroyed but it is better than not knowing. I'll be praying for both families. I hope that little girl will be alright.

I'm glad that you and your family are safe. Your driving skills and your acute attention were probably factors in your survival. There are some who might say, "It just wasn't your time," but we all have a lot to do with getting ourselves out of life-threatening situations. You did your job at that, yesterday. Good work and God bless you and your family.

I'm glad that you and your family are safe. Your driving skills and your acute attention were probably factors in your survival. There are some who might say, "It just wasn't your time," but we all have a lot to do with getting ourselves out of life-threatening situations. You did your job at that, yesterday. Good work and God bless you and your family.

+1

Glad you made it, but typically toxicology tests take about 24 hours minimum.

Color me skeptical at this point.

Initial reports. They can test alcohol quickly but drugs take longer.

Perhaps she was on her cell phone texting.....you see people doing it all the time.... not good!

Anytime I see on coming traffic (live in the outback, so I can,) I look to see if the on coming car/driver is on their phone. Shutter!! Just to many to keep track of when I get to the real world and there is traffic.

Same situation on a two-lane highway.,,, someone going in the opposite direction at a high rate of speed,,,, not paying attention.

Good luck,,, and just saying.

Archived